A Few TV Channels No More?! --- [Breaking News! Read to find out!]

No! I love VH1. What stupid farce is this?

I might as well not pay for tv and watch my shows online.

I dont think this is me but I would have to check to make sure
Is Comcast apart of this or not?
I'm sorry for anybody who is losing these channels
This is pretty pothetic of MTV...

I hate television. My great great grampsy was a radio star and the whole family has been poor as dirt ever since TV came in.

:rolleyes:

Hahahahaha. Video killed the radio star...

Anyway.

Take it up with Viacom. They're the ones really in charge. They own "MTV Networks". They're also the ones that sued fans for putting up videos of The Daily Show, *******, TRL, etc on Youtube.

Time Warner Cable has dismissed our efforts at a fair compromise,” Viacom said in a statement. “As a result, we are sorry to say that for Time Warner Cable customers our networks will go dark as of 12:01 on Jan. 1st.”

Viacom owns Nickelodeon, Nick Too, Nicktoons, TV Land, MTV, MTV2, MTV Hits, MTV Tr3s, VH1, VH1 Classic, Spike, TV Land, Comedy Central, Noggin, Logo, The N and Palladia.

from: http://www.marketplacemagazine.com/...2/31/time-warner-cable-may-pull-viacom-owned-

Yeah, I'll be a little upset. But considering the only two Viacom owned channels I watch are Comedy Central and Spike (and I only watch Spike for CSI re-runs and you can catch episodes of Comedy Central online), it doesn't really matter to me.

Time Warner is so greedy. We have them and they have gotten bad in the last few years. I don't watch MTV or Nickelodeon but I would miss VH1 and TVLand. I'm sure they'll get it figured out but it would really be sad for little kids who can't watch Nick anymore. I loved that so much when I was little (though 90s Nick was much better!)

Time Warner's not the greedy one in this case.

The Associated Press reports that Viacom is seeking a fee increase of 23 cents per month per customer from Time Warner, which has 13.3 million subscribers nationwide.

from: http://www.marketplacemagazine.com/...2/31/time-warner-cable-may-pull-viacom-owned-

This time, it's Viacom that's looking for the extra cash. Each of those 13.3 million subscribers paying an extra .23 cents a month adds up to an extra $3,059,000.00 for Viacom.

So wait, now it's not going to happen??

I'm on TiVo, am I going to be affected?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter