A first time planners TRIP REPORT! Sept 2014 Final Update 5.19!

When we first saw "Celebrate the Magic", it was billed as "Magic, Memories, and You". Of course, when it was announced, the DISboards predicted that Wishes was now dead and replaced by this, and Walt Disney World was destroyed forever.

;)

When it first ran, it included photo montages from PhotoPass CMs, so there was a chance your photo would show up on the Castle. Pretty cool idea, but silly me, I thought that was all it was (stupid DISboards!). When I saw the actual show, I was blown away. Now, it's one of my favorite shows at WDW!

Sad to see your voyage coming to a close, but I can't wait to see another CBR update! Getting really excited to first-time that resort, in just a few weeks :)

Great Report!

Sounds like a nice, relaxing evening at DTD and MK.

Florida weather is so odd; I recall times as a child where it would rain in the front yard and be sunny in the back yard! Glad the down pour was brief and you guys stayed dry.

I'm sorry you started getting anxious before the night time show. My SO doesn't do well in crowds either. Glad Joe was able to care for you and that the wonderful Castle show was able to help sooth your anxiety!

BTMMR 4 times?!?! I'd say that's a great way to spend EMH!

Sad your trip is coming to a close, but I hope your last day was a special one!

Sorry about the crowds making you uncomfortable Joe is a doll for making you feeling more comfortable! when all the magic start at the castle it feels like your own bubble doesn't it? Fantastic!

So cute your comment about the house and all the fun stuff to buy!!!

Boo i don't want to hear about last days... I just DON'T!

I love that you get to share so many firsts with your fiance! Your trip sounds like a great time so far! I'm glad Joe ended up loving it :thumbsup2

What a nice last night. That Christmas store is dangerous. I spent over $150 lsat week and still didn't buy everything I wanted (as you said...good thing I'll be back soon).

How is Cookies of Dublin? I've never eaten there, but love Fish & Chips.

I'm glad you finally got to ride the train. It's a nice ride around the park and one that Mark always wants to do.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:for seeing Celebrate the Magic. I love that show.

Your house at Christmas time is probably so awesome!

The fish & chips were good! I don't remember anything sticking out to me, but I enjoyed them!

I think the train will be something we do each trip going forward now.

So cute!!

Yeah, it's really easy to find super cute stuff for your house at Disney. I get the feeling that after September your house will definitely look a little different than it does now.

That's so true...and I will have less $$! :rotfl:

The train is really cute! I rode it for the first time a few months ago ... it's such a nice way to relax!

It really is! I love doing things you wouldn't expect to enjoy but end up really enjoying!

I totally know the feeling (which is why I hate going during busy season). Too many people, not enough space, no way out ... it takes away from the Disney fun sometimes.

exactly! I wish I could be one of those people who could be in the middle of a crowd and it not bother them, but that is not me!

Yay for Disney Magic making it better! Celebrate the Magic is one of those amazing things that people don't really focus on but truly is very special!

That's a fun thing to ride multiple times!

It sounds like you had a nice end to the day. Sad that you had to leave soon, but hopefully you had some fun on your last day too!

Yes! It was a great last park day!!

When we first saw "Celebrate the Magic", it was billed as "Magic, Memories, and You". Of course, when it was announced, the DISboards predicted that Wishes was now dead and replaced by this, and Walt Disney World was destroyed forever.

;)

When it first ran, it included photo montages from PhotoPass CMs, so there was a chance your photo would show up on the Castle. Pretty cool idea, but silly me, I thought that was all it was (stupid DISboards!). When I saw the actual show, I was blown away. Now, it's one of my favorite shows at WDW!

Sad to see your voyage coming to a close, but I can't wait to see another CBR update! Getting really excited to first-time that resort, in just a few weeks :)

Great Report!

That is too funny that everyone thought Wishes was going to be gone! That's also so cool that there where pictures of people from the park that day, I think that I would be bummed when my picture wasn't shown though. hahaha IT really is a great show!!

I am sad writing about it, but happy I get to start another PTR! I'm excited for you going to CBR in a few weeks! It's such a great resort, my next post will be full of CBR Pictures! :goodvibes

Sounds like a nice, relaxing evening at DTD and MK.

Florida weather is so odd; I recall times as a child where it would rain in the front yard and be sunny in the back yard! Glad the down pour was brief and you guys stayed dry.

It really is! I can't believe how many people I've heard saying it was such a rainy week yet we barely had rain where we were...we must have been lucky and chose the right parks :)

I'm sorry you started getting anxious before the night time show. My SO doesn't do well in crowds either. Glad Joe was able to care for you and that the wonderful Castle show was able to help sooth your anxiety!

Yes- thank goodness for Joe & Disney Magic!

BTMMR 4 times?!?! I'd say that's a great way to spend EMH!

I agree! I love BTMMR!

Sad your trip is coming to a close, but I hope your last day was a special one!

Me too! I would be much more sad if I didn't have another report to start.
Sorry about the crowds making you uncomfortable Joe is a doll for making you feeling more comfortable! when all the magic start at the castle it feels like your own bubble doesn't it? Fantastic!

It does! Disney Magic & Joe made it all better. I'm just not a fan of people pushing and squeezing around me- I need my space.

So cute your comment about the house and all the fun stuff to buy!!!

I'm going to be broke!!!! ahahaha :rotfl:
Boo i don't want to hear about last days... I just DON'T!

I know, I was sad for so long after we left! Last days are the worst.

I love that you get to share so many firsts with your fiance! Your trip sounds like a great time so far! I'm glad Joe ended up loving it :thumbsup2

Thank you!! Me too, it would have been awful if he didn't get hooked on Disney too!

The Last Day of our First Disney Trip.

That was depressing just writing that!

Our last day was September 14th, 2014. We woke up and packed up our room and called to ask for a later check out. We didn't have to be at the Not so Magical Express until 3PM. We decided we wanted to enjoy the resort & relax a bit on our last day. So we got our swimming suits and cover ups on and headed to Old Port Royale for our last breakfast.

Some pictures on our walk to breakfast:

I love animals so we stood on the bridge for awhile looking at all the turtles & fish swimming. :fish:

Breakfast! Of course I had to have Mickey Waffles! I took some pictures of my view while eating breakfast outside too..it was so beautiful out this morning!

We had a friend join us for breakfast

After breakfast, we laid out by the pool for a bit- I didn't get any pictures of the pool for some reason. Then we went back inside to browse the gift shop & I took a few more pictures:

Joe put this hook on and said "Think we can play hooky from work & stay a few more days"? What a goof. :goofy:

It was about time we had to get checked out of our hotel...so we went back..changed into what we wanted to wear on the plane. When we called to ask for later checkout they had extended it till noon and then they said bell hop would be at our room at that time to pick us up & our luggage. I was confused because I thought we just brought our stuff over there. Anyways, Bell hop came...took us to the main lobby where we were able to have our bags checked for our flight there- WOAH. I didn't know we got to do that, that was great!

We still had a couple hours left...so we went and rented a surrey bike!

This was so much fun riding around & enjoying the resort.

Afterwards, we returned the bike & headed back to Old Port Royale for a first & last of our trip. It was our final treat- but a first!
Joe's first Mickey bar!

He looks thrilled...like "Lauren why are you taking a picture of me with this ice cream bar that you are going to end up eating most of because you aren't good at sharing" I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he was thinking, haha!

After we ate our treat, we had to head over to the lobby to wait for the bus :sad:

At CBR the food court building & main lobby are not together- which I think probably makes for a less crowded main building but the main lobby is a bit far from the food court. They have internal busses, but we don't mind walking so we ventured to the main lobby. It probably was about a 10ish minute walk, but a very pretty one!

I love this picture!

The bus came and I saw all these people getting off the bus to check in...and Joe & just looked at each other so so so sad! Those people didn't even look that happy! They should be jumping up & down with excitement!!

We got to the airport...and the first thing we did after we got through security was go to the Disney Store. Man, we were already missing it that much. We even bought Mickey pasta...that we made the first weekend after we were back home..along with Pina Colavas!

I had some Mickey candies that were so cute...

The last picture of our trip! On the plane ride home:

Even though it was so hard to leave after the amazing trip we had, the memories that we made are ones that we'll last forever! We bring up our trip so much and I really think it brought us even closer because we have a mutual love and obsession with Disney World!

Thank you to everyone who followed along and those who offered advise when I was writing my PTR! I love reliving the memories we made & sharing them with everyone here! :grouphug:

BOO...I hate last days. But you spent yours in a great way...enjoying some Mickey waffles and some pool time. And Joe had his first Mickey bar. The question is: how much did he get of it?

That really is a gorgeous picture of CBR. :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing your trip with us...I thoroughly enjoyed hearing all about it.

Great report Lauren! I can wait to follow along the next trip and see what you think of POR. :)

Enjoyed your report. I hate reading about the day people travel home, but glad you all had a great trip! It looks like you enjoyed Caribbean Beach.

Sounds like a really nice and relaxing last day!

You look so sad on the plane ride home.

Thank you for sharing your report - I really enjoyed reading all about your trip and seeing Joe's excitement on his first trip!

I agree with Kathy that is a phenomenal picture of CBR.

SO SAD your trip is over. you had such a great time. The two of you are just adorable.
I can just imagine how you two are going to decorate your new home!!! Having tons of Disney stuff around your home does make it a little easier.. a very wee little bit..
Thanks for writing such a great trip report.. I am sure the two of you will be going back soon??

1142.jpg

I love animals so we stood on the bridge for awhile looking at all the turtles & fish swimming. :fish:

I love the little turtles! There's so much random wildlife in WDW it's great!

Joe put this hook on and said "Think we can play hooky from work & stay a few more days"? What a goof. :goofy:

Haha! I see what he did there!:p

Anyways, Bell hop came...took us to the main lobby where we were able to have our bags checked for our flight there- WOAH. I didn't know we got to do that, that was great!

What a cool little surprise! One less thing to worry about on your way home.:thumbsup2

We still had a couple hours left...so we went and rented a surrey bike!

Fun! I bet it was nice to just relax and ride around CBR.

He looks thrilled...like "Lauren why are you taking a picture of me with this ice cream bar that you are going to end up eating most of because you aren't good at sharing" I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he was thinking, haha!

Let's be honest here; who really shares a Mickey Ice Cream Bar? I mean I love my SO but he doesn't get any bites when I buy a MIB :mickeybar

This is gorgeous! It's looks like a professional shot in the brochure. Well done!

The last picture of our trip! On the plane ride home:

Always a sad picture.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us all. I'm so glad you and Joe were able to share this trip, and how lovely that you share this Disney obsession with each other; I'm sure that'll make future trips all the more fun!

I do hope if you write another PTR or TR for you upcoming trip you'll share it with us. Happy planning!!:thanks:

Alright, my "super excited for CBR" has now been elevated to "excessively excited for CBR". Thanks!

Great TR, btw! What a great vacation.

BOO...I hate last days. But you spent yours in a great way...enjoying some Mickey waffles and some pool time. And Joe had his first Mickey bar. The question is: how much did he get of it? HAHA NOT VERY MUCH. :)

That really is a gorgeous picture of CBR. :thumbsup2

I know, its so pretty! & it was taken on a phone!!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us...I thoroughly enjoyed hearing all about it.

Thank you for following along Kathy! :goodvibes

Loved reading your TR!!! Bring on September 2015!!

Yay!! Thank you! I just followed yours this morning too, I'm glad you started one! I'll be posting my Sept 2015 one shortly!!! :thumbsup2

Great report Lauren! I can wait to follow along the next trip and see what you think of POR. :)

Thank you!! :goodvibes

Enjoyed your report. I hate reading about the day people travel home, but glad you all had a great trip! It looks like you enjoyed Caribbean Beach.

Thank you! I know, writing about it was sort of sad too! It really was a great resort!

Be sure to let us know the link to your new PTR!

I will post it shortly!! I just started it this morning! :goodvibes

Sounds like a really nice and relaxing last day!

You look so sad on the plane ride home.

Thank you for sharing your report - I really enjoyed reading all about your trip and seeing Joe's excitement on his first trip!

Thank you so much Sarah! I enjoyed having you here! Hope you'll follow along the next one :goodvibes

I agree with Kathy that is a phenomenal picture of CBR.

Thanks! I think it's crazy, especially since it was taken on a phone!

SO SAD your trip is over. you had such a great time. The two of you are just adorable.
I can just imagine how you two are going to decorate your new home!!! Having tons of Disney stuff around your home does make it a little easier.. a very wee little bit..
Thanks for writing such a great trip report.. I am sure the two of you will be going back soon??

Thanks for following along!! Sad the trip is over, but happy there is another one right around the corner! I will post the link once I'm done with replies!! :cool1:

I love the little turtles! There's so much random wildlife in WDW it's great!

I know! The wildlife in WDW is more special, just because it is in WDW! haha

Haha! I see what he did there!:p

He's a funny one!

What a cool little surprise! One less thing to worry about on your way home.:thumbsup2

Fun! I bet it was nice to just relax and ride around CBR.

It was a good last day!

Let's be honest here; who really shares a Mickey Ice Cream Bar? I mean I love my SO but he doesn't get any bites when I buy a MIB :mickeybar

So true!! But we actually did share...I just ate more of it...haha!

This is gorgeous! It's looks like a professional shot in the brochure. Well done!

Thanks! I don't remember which one of our phones it was on but it was a phone picture!!

Always a sad picture.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us all. I'm so glad you and Joe were able to share this trip, and how lovely that you share this Disney obsession with each other; I'm sure that'll make future trips all the more fun!

Thank you so much for joining!
I do hope if you write another PTR or TR for you upcoming trip you'll share it with us. Happy planning!!:thanks:

I will be posting the link in a sec! :wave:
Alright, my "super excited for CBR" has now been elevated to "excessively excited for CBR". Thanks!

Great TR, btw! What a great vacation.

Aww, yay!! I'm glad this post helped! It really i just beautiful & relaxing there! Thanks for reading! :thumbsup2

Loved your PTR and enjoying this TR! We love going in September and actually have a trip booked this fall!:yay:

Can't wait to start reading your next PTR!

And congrats on the engagement. You two are the cutest couple!:love:

We got stuck at the end of Mission: Space and it was TERRIBLE. It felt like hours being confined in that tiny space. I kind of still want to try it again, but I don't know if I can handle getting stuck again!

Our last afternoon in the Park!
Leaving the park: beautiful sky!

The Electric parade was about to start so we took the train back to the front of the park & we decided to stay up on the train platform to watch the parade. I am really bad in crowds, I get very anxious and it was VERY crowded. We were so surprised when the rest of the week was so not crowded! After the parade, we wanted to get closer to the castle for Wishes & Celebrate the Magic. Before it started, I was getting really anxious and Joe was being very sweet trying to make it not bad for me- there were just so many people trying to pack in in front of the castle. Once the show started, the Disney Magic made it all better! I had never seen Celebrate the Magic and it was so awesome! Wishes was great too!

We were so tired after a long day & we decided to head home. We took our time walking through Main Street and bought souvenirs for our family back home. We took a few final pictures before leaving Magic Kingdom.

We got on the bus to head back to CBR, where we would spend our last night & our last afternoon!

I totally understand your anxiety with the huge crowds in the hub to see the fireworks. Like you, I was anxious as the crowd gathered before Wishes. Typically, we view the fireworks away from the crowds, but in Feb. we decided to brave the crowds and try to see if from the front. I had never seen Tinker Bell fly out from the castle and so that was my motivation to endure the crowds.

I, too, seemed to forget the crowds once the actual show began. It is just so mesmerizing that you tend to forget about the other people gathered around you and your loved ones. It was magical!

Happy to hear that you had a great experience as well!

It is so hard to leave Magic Kingdom for the last time at the end of a trip.

It sounds like you made the best of your last day just hanging out at your resort. Renting a surrey bike was a good idea. It looks fun and would be a nice way to drive around the resort for your final look around.

I am glad that you and Joe already have a second trip planned. I am already following along on your PTR

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter