A First timers guide to insanity - May 2012 PTR

Is it bad that we might skip Epcot this year? There are really only a couple of rides that we would like to do and one of them is Test Track and it's not going to be open while we are there. DD12 said she just likes Soarin and the characters that are at Epcot. My parents are meeting us down there with my nephew, and they want to take the kids to the beach one day. Since they only have 3 full days there, we feel that we have to hit the high spots and we are wanting to do a water park. UGH! The planning and thinking for this trip that my DH does not understand. :laughing:

Is it bad that we might skip Epcot this year? There are really only a couple of rides that we would like to do and one of them is Test Track and it's not going to be open while we are there. DD12 said she just likes Soarin and the characters that are at Epcot. My parents are meeting us down there with my nephew, and they want to take the kids to the beach one day. Since they only have 3 full days there, we feel that we have to hit the high spots and we are wanting to do a water park. UGH! The planning and thinking for this trip that my DH does not understand. :laughing:
Test Track hasn't announced it's referb dates, people are thinking it will be held off until BTMRR is back online...so that's something that's going for me....I love BTMRR but really only know the DL version since I have been to DL more times than I can count

Test Track hasn't announced it's referb dates, people are thinking it will be held off until BTMRR is back online...so that's something that's going for me....I love BTMRR but really only know the DL version since I have been to DL more times than I can count
I sure hope you're right!

Epcot is my favorite :lovestruc I am also hoping they hold off on the Test Track refurb. DF did not get to ride it last time we went. Maybe if we all think positive we can all enjoy it during our trips.:wizard:

PS Could someone please tell me where the May and June facebook boards are. I would love to join in Thanks. :)

Day 4
treeoflife.jpg
Animal Kingdom!

I decided to go with AK because there are EMH that morning. I think my daughter will LOVE AK. She wants to be a vet when she grows up so seeing the animals might send her over the edge. I think she will enjoy the Conservation Station

Oh and I have heard that Pocahontas sometimes is over by Camp Mickey Minnie. Again my daughter will freak out. She loves pocahontas. When she was younger she went to a "princess party" and she decided to be Pocahontas over any other Disney Princess.

DS will LOVE EE and Dinosaur. He loves thrill rides and has zero fear. When my friend went to AK over the winter she had to do a Baby Swap with her husband and when she asked her son to go on it again his face when pale white but he went on it a second time. She says she has never been so scared out of her mind than when the dinosaur appeared. And she's not one to be frightened easily!

I think I look forward to Dinosaur too! And Kilimanjaro Safari...oh heck I'm just happy to get a picture of the tree!

We plan on getting Flametree for lunch, I have heard so many good things about that place!

Then for dinner we will head over to Fort Wilderness and go to Mickey's Backyard BBQ.
mickey-s-backyard-bbq.jpg
DH picked this one since I had made most of the other reservations. Plus the included beer and wine was a big selling point!!

Your Animal Kingdom day sounds like a great day! I think that Flame Tree BBQ is my very favorite QS in all of the parks. The salad with chicken is wonderful!

We ran into Pocahontas by chance in AK last April. We were walking by, and out she walked. DS was sort of looking at her like, "WHERE did you come from?" :rotfl2:

Conservation Station is definitely worth checking out. . .the petting zoo is wonderful! DS loves to spend time there!

wow! Your Tree of life photo is SO gorgeous!!! You have it framed so beautifully!! i love it!

Joining in!!! We are flying out on 5/31/12 and are from Texas too. There will be 6 of us going, myself 32, DH 32, DS 10, DD 7, DS 3 and my niece who is 17.

We will be staying offsite at a vacation home close by. I am so excited and am getting a little OCD over these websites too :rotfl2: Your pictures are great! My eye is on those autograph books. I really want to know how to make my own personal ones for the kids.

I'm little bummed we're going to skip AK on our October trip. It's my least favorite park, but I love love love EE and KS.

I rode Dinosaur once... that was enough for me, LOL!

Flame Tree BBQ is really good!

Love the pictures! I made an autograph book for dd8 last year and I am making one again this year.

I have the pages printed out and I have to spray them, so the ink will not smear and then bind it.

Can you believe how close our trips are getting!! :cool1::cool1:

Hey I came over from the May board. Your plans sound great! I really like your puzzle and treat bags. Your kids are going to be so excited!! First trips are always so exciting for them and us. Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Day 5

Wow I'm sorry I've been slacking on my PTR. Life sure can get in the way of trip planning!! Between Girl Scouts and softball/baseball my social calendar is nuts!

so...back to planning.

On the 5th day of vacation...it's a Hollywood Studio type of day
3219772338_3a127c5a68.jpg

(google image not my own)

Not only that but it will be a Star Wars Weekend!
Star-Wars-weekend2.jpg

(another random google image)

I know, I know the insanity is showing...but, it's a Sunday, and not the first weekend and I'm hoping it won't be TOO crazy. I'd love to get my kids in the Jedi Academy...Yes I realize this is a crazy weekend, but it's Star Wars...something from MY childhood that my kids actually like! Plus I want to see all the characters in costume. I have no desire for autographs or the other aspects of the weekend, so I am hoping with a touring plan in place I will keep some of my sanity. If not, we have park hoppers and I can change to a more recommended park that day!

well, now that I'm thinking of it...Park hoppers will be used that day anyway because for dinner we will move from wookies and start troopers to Princesses!!!

We have ADRs at Akershus that night!
10974873.jpg

I had originally made a 5:15 ressie and then started my real planning and realize that simply will NOT work...so I moved them to a 6:40 dinner and feel better about not running from park to park. I am so excited about this dinner (I think I'm excited about everything from this trip actually) My daughter is a HUGE Ariel fan so I hope she's there that night.

Star Wars and the Princesses...maybe I really am insane

We ate breakfast at Akershus once and really enjoyed it. We are not big table service people and usually only do one per trip, so that is why only once. Let us know how the dinner is. The breakfast was really good, but really heavy foods so when we went out into the Florida heat afterwards, we all were not feeling very well. :faint: However, the interaction with the Princesses was great.

Sounds like a great plan. We also did the Akershus Breakfast last year. I thought it was pretty good. The eggs were WAY too runny, but like the PP mentioned, the interaction with the princesses was great! Here is a picture of DD8 talking to Ariel about something. I cannot remember what she was saying, but the picture shows how much the princesses paid attention to each kid.
IMG_8353.jpg

:rotfl:

I hope you get in the Jedi Training!! I love park hoppers, I just feel like we have more freedom. That if we pick a park that turns out to be WAY crowded, we can just hop to another.

I followed you over from the Surprise Trip thread! We are going June 3rd-9th, and surprising our kids a week or two before (we're supposed to do it on May 25th-the last day of school, but I don't know if I can wait that long!). I love all your plans! We got free QSDP this time, so we are only doing one TS meal at Tusker House for breakfast. I'm a little sad to miss some of the meals we loved ('Ohana was a favorite!), but excited for the flexibility it gives us this time.

Can't wait to read more!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
I've never done the Backyard Barbecue - I'm looking forward to seeing your review!
And that baby stormtrooper is adorable!!

Looks like you leave right away!!!!!!!! Sooo jealous ;) LOL

Have sooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter