A First Timers PTR - If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come tru

MstrMouse

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody :wave2:

I've been waiting a long time to start this but I reckon the time has come :dance3:

When?

March 17th - March 21st

Cast

Me - 31 year old child at heart - can't wait to do and see EVERYTHING :)

DH - 37 - extremely excited

DSS - 13 - Daredevil, wants to do all the biggest rides and experience the magic with his little bro :-)

DS - 2 - This trip is all about this guy, Mickey Mouse is his hero, I cant wait to see his face when he meets him and hopefully Pluto

DM - Age undisclosed ;-) - Granny is coming along too

SIL - 39 - Adores her nephews and is going to spoil them rotten

Where?

Sequoia Lodge, 2 connecting rooms (fingers crossed)

Plans?

Day 1 - Flight lands at CDG at 1:50, transfers booked with Paris Disney Shuttle. Hoping to be in the park for 4pm for the St Patricks Day parade, am I being too optimistic?

Food today will be breakfast in the airport, CS in the park (possibly Hakuna Matata) and EOS en route back to hotel after Dreams. Quick cocktail in the hotel bar maybe, Glowtini seems to he highly recommended ;-)

Day 2 - Up and ready for breakfast between 7 and 7.30 so we can make the most of EMH. Hoping to spend a long morning and early afternoon in the park then naptime for DS and a swim before heading to dinner and back to the park for Dreams and a ride or 2 hopefully.

Food today will be CS for lunch and Annettes for dinner.

Day 3 - Studios and lie in day today so breakfast for 8.30 and then straight to the studios. Will do as much as we can in Studios before heading back to hotel for DS nap then heading out to dinner and some shopping.

Food today will be lunch at a CS or stand and dinner in Planet Hollywood.

Day 4 - Up early for breakfast at Cafe Mickey (this was going to be dinner until they changed the menu). Its our last day so should be jam packed with everything we want to fit in. Hoping to see Dreams again

Food today will be breakfast at CM, Eos for lunch and Rainforest Cafe for dinner.

Day 5 - Early breakfast and EMH before being picked up by our transfer at 11am :-(

Soooooooooooo, suggestions please??? Anything im missing out on that must be done?

Oh, sounds like a great trip.

If everything goes to plan I think you might make the parade - we landed in CDG at 3.40pm and were checked in and in park for 6pm so it is just doable if you are lucky. If the parade starts beside Bella Notte it will take 20 minutes or so to get to the end of main street so you have that bit of leeway too. :thumbsup2

I will be taking my little grandson in 12 months time when he will be nearly 2 so look forward to hearing how your little one gets on. :goodvibes

Can definitely recommend a Glowtini - they are delish. :)

Thanks for your replies guys.

Anemone, glad to know I'm not setting myself up for a fall with the St Patricks Day parade. Im hoping it will be on at 4 like previous years, do you know if I'll be able to see the programme for that day online before we go?

Dhidra, oh I've been reading TR's and PTR's for months now, delighted its finally time to get my own started :-)

We arrive next day you leave :goodvibes

You have a good plan :thumbsup2 I'm still not sure of what to do with character meal. I want one, kids one want one, but were to go? :confused3 I've never done CM breakfast :confused3 And never considered one.

We arrive next day you leave :goodvibes

You have a good plan :thumbsup2 I'm still not sure of what to do with character meal. I want one, kids one want one, but were to go? :confused3 I've never done CM breakfast :confused3 And never considered one.

Welcome Isila :-)

We really want a character meal too but we're pretty plain eaters and my 2yo doesn't sit still for very long so I think inventions would be a waste on us. CM would have been perfect for pizzas etc but the new menu doesn't excite me at all so that's why I've decided to do the breakfast option.

Thanks for the link Anemone, that's exactly what I was looking for x

I was thinking of Cm as it works around 35eur cheaper than Inventions (enough to cover CS lunch). Was thinking getting pizza for myself and past for kids. This way we can share :lmao::lmao: but Inventions sound more fun and better food wise. But again, that would be same characters. Confused :confused3

I was thinking of Cm as it works around 35eur cheaper than Inventions (enough to cover CS lunch). Was thinking getting pizza for myself and past for kids. This way we can share :lmao::lmao: but Inventions sound more fun and better food wise. But again, that would be same characters. Confused :confused3

Decisions decisions :-) What age are your kids? Would they enjoy Inventions? If my DS was older I'd definitely choose Inventions but at the moment I think it would be a waste.

Have decided to visit Cafe Fantasia on Day 4 (our last full day) for Mickey Waffles and hot chocolates etc. I'm going to keep it a surprise though, will just casually decide to pop in as we're passing :-) :-)

I'm in :thumbsup2
We been twice for st paricks day and it's not busy compared to other special days.
I suggest do hit the park running if it doesn't go to plan what the hell you will do it next time ;)

I'm in :thumbsup2
We been twice for st paricks day and it's not busy compared to other special days.
I suggest do hit the park running if it doesn't go to plan what the hell you will do it next time ;)

Welcome ILOVEDLP :-

Really hope we dont miss the the parade but as you said we'll just have to catch it next time ;-) We have one check-in bag which I'm hoping won't slow us down too much. Also hoping DLP decides to make the parade later this year but that's just wishful thinking lol

Decisions decisions :-) What age are your kids? Would they enjoy Inventions? If my DS was older I'd definitely choose Inventions but at the moment I think it would be a waste.

Have decided to visit Cafe Fantasia on Day 4 (our last full day) for Mickey Waffles and hot chocolates etc. I'm going to keep it a surprise though, will just casually decide to pop in as we're passing :-) :-)

I've two boys age 6 and 9. we've done Inventions brunch twice and food was just amazing. Characters were good too, although Mary Poppins theme was not so good . Also we've been to CM twice and had two different experiences. If it would be Brunch, I'd book with no hesitation. Now I'm torn apart. I expect it to be basic characters, so the main difference would be the food. And my kids only eat pizza, pasta and desserts, so is it worth to pay the extra. Well, I know I would eat... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Decisions decisions :-) What age are your kids? Would they enjoy Inventions? If my DS was older I'd definitely choose Inventions but at the moment I think it would be a waste. Have decided to visit Cafe Fantasia on Day 4 (our last full day) for Mickey Waffles and hot chocolates etc. I'm going to keep it a surprise though, will just casually decide to pop in as we're passing :-) :-)
I have bad news for you! Mickey waffles have been replaced with crepes on the menu. :-( the waffle iron is broken.

I have bad news for you! Mickey waffles have been replaced with crepes on the menu. :-( the waffle iron is broken.

Nooooooooo, I did read that somewhere but presumed it was just a one off :-( My trip is ruined lol

UPDATE

So I've got lots of bits done this week from my to do list -

Booked travel insurance
Booked hair & nail (minnie style) appointments for day before we travel
Finished off DS clothes shopping apart from shoes as will need to be measured closer to the time

Left to do -

Pack
Email SQL re interconnecting rooms
Transfer movies to DS new innotab
Track down some cheap ponchos
Print off tickets etc

*forgot to add the most important 'to do' - lose 2 stone ������

UPDATE

I haven't updated in awhile I'm afraid. 14 days and counting eeeekkkkk, I cant wait :-)

Edocs arrived yesterday, I did a little happy dance :-)

Transfers have been confirmed.

Bags have been packed, repacked and will probably be repacked several more times before we leave.

Will email SQL next week regarding connecting rooms, fingers crossed we get these.

St Patricks Day parade is on at 16:40 on the day we arrive so we should definitely make it.

DS2 has a slight head cold which I'm hoping will pass in a day or ttwo.

Can't believe it's so close...........

Must be nearly time - hope you all have a wonderful time :goodvibes

Eek I don't know how I missed this before, but your plans sound fab and it's so exciting you've got the whole crew for a first trip!!

I can't wait to read all about it now that you're back and I hope it was magical! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter