• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Fourth of Pixie Dust! A Fourth of Fun! A Fourth of Attitude! NEW! 4/6 pg. 26

Charleston Princess

DIS Veteran
A Fourth of Pixie Dust! A Fourth of Fun! A Fourth of Attitude! A Fourth with Friends!

Welcome to another Charleston Princess Trip Report!

After taking a break last summer and heading to Tybee Island instead, we decided to spend the Fourth of July at Walt Disney World this year!

This is our account of our adventures from July 3 to July 8!

For those new to my trip reports, here are some brief introductions:

Me (Jackie): I am a 37-year-old Disney nut whose mild-mannered alter ego is that of a middle school literature teacher. I have been a Disney addict since I was practically brand-new. Nothing makes me giddier than a walk through the Magic Kingdom, a ride in a Doom Buggy, or seeing my favorite giraffes on the safari.

209.jpg

Charles: My 42-year-old husband. Not a Disney nut, but he tries for my sake. Sometimes, though, the veneer breaks as evidenced in this conversation before we left…

Charles: Every time I look at my phone it says one day.
Me (in an excited, slightly manic whisper): One day!
Charles: I puke a little in my mouth when I think about it.
Me: That’s not puke, it’s pixie dust. (I erupted in a fit of giggles. Charles just gave me a look.)

He did really well on this trip, though, so no complaints.

142.jpg

Chelsea: At the time of the trip she was two weeks shy of being fifteen. Attitude, attitude, attitude. While normally a sparkly joy to be around, she was only happy on this trip when we were doing what she wanted or when she had an adoring entourage following her about. It’s a good thing that Charles was around to play referee -- just sayin’.

082.jpg

Connor: My 12-year-old partner-in-crime. He loves Disney as much as I do and wants to be a Disney Imagineer when he grows up. A bit on the sarcastic side, though, and it comes out from time to time even when he is in our favorite place.

123.jpg

So, that’s our gang all neat and pretty for our festive Fourth of July trip!

I didn't read the pre-trippie (I think you had one, right?) just b/c my time on the disboards is so annoyingly limited these days, but I'm here for the TR! :)

ETA: Thanks to your FB post....I'M FIRST!!!! :banana:

Saw your FB post as I was riding down the rode on our way home from Iowa so I popped right over!

Having a teenager myself I know of this attitude you speak of, I wonder at times if mine will make it adulthood or if I'll strangle him first, lol!

First Page :cool1::cool1:

Can't wait to hear about your adventure.

Hoping to make the first page ::yes:: I can't wait to hear about your trip!

I can't wait to read this TR it sounds like a lot of fun!popcorn:: Your daughter and I are about the same age, so maybe I will be able to relate a bit to this!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter