A Girls "Disney" Weekend - Day Three

D

Disney Donna

We ARE going to close it down!

Day 3 - Monday, 1/16/06

Up and at em', very, very slowly :paw: :paw: :paw: We must have put some miles of walking as my feet didn't want to bend... but we limbered up a bit and off we go again for another adventure at Disneyland. We were going to do Fantasyland first, but got so caught up in shopping that it got crowded before we were ready to ride. We did ride "Pinocchio" and we took picutres in the ride displays of "Peter Pan", the "Carrousel" horse, "Dumbo" and the "Teacups" after which we went to Toontown and rode "Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin" with a 30 minute wait. We visited with the people behind us in the line who were from Hawaii and had a good time. I know fast pass is the way to go if you want to get a lot of rides in; however, I really enjoy being in some of the lines and looking at all the details that Disney has to offer. Some of it is an adventure in itself. Anyway, again, Susan hadn't ridden this ride before either, so I tried to explain the concept of it. We get on the ride and had fun trying not to get sprayed with the "Dip". I love the "black hole" effect where you ride through it. I don't know how they do that, :confused3 but I think it's pretty cool.

We stopped to shop a little more in the "Gag Factory" and took a few more pictures and then off to see the inside of Mickey's and Minnie's houses. Susan has never been inside them before. We had a great time looking at all the details and reading the funny labels on the books. In Minnie Mouse's house, there is recipe that we decided to copy down to see if it is a real recipe. It is a cookie recipe with cheese... hummm, not too sure if it's a real recipe, but I want to try it... might be pretty tasty... at least for mice... :earsboy:

We left Toontown and rode the Train to Main Street where we got off to go and check our picture that we had taken "by one of the Disney photographers" of us in the "hub" with Sleeping Beauty's Castle in the background and with the "Partners" statue of Walt and Mickey. We really liked the picture and decided to buy it, but would come back to pick it up later in the day. We went to the Golden Horseshoe to get a drink and watch the Billy Hill show again. This time they had a couple of different acts... they impersonated the Beatles. It was good, but I really liked the first one we saw earlier in the trip better. Once again, our tummys were having a chat with us because we didn't have lunch and it was almost 4:00 pm, so we went to the Riverbelle and ordered the vegetable stew in a bread bowl with a salad. It was pretty good, but I like the stew they used to have better with the beef in it. We rode the "Mark Twain" around the Rivers of America. It was geting a little "nippy" out so I had Susan and me stand by the smoke stack on the top level towards the front of the boat and put our backs, feet, legs, rear end and anything else we could lean up against it to keep warm... :goodvibes This is my favorit boat. We then went on the "Big Thunder Mountain" railroad. I didn't want to go get my coat that I left in the Hotel room again, because since there wasn't any breeze, it didn't get much cooler and I wanted us 'ole gals to close Disneyland down that night... :goodvibes We couldn't seem to close it down the two previous nights when it was opened until midnight, but by darn, we were going to close it down this night... (it helped that it was only opened until 10:00 pm)... :rotfl: We went to pick up and purchase our picture from earlier in the day (just in case we didn't get back to Disneyland to close it down after all) and then we went over to California Adventure around 5:30-6:00 pm (it closed at 8:00 pm) and rode the "Monster's Inc." ride. We decided to again wait in a 30 minute line to ride it. It was okay, some parts were pretty neat, but, not one that I will probably ride again too often. Kids will probably love it. We then wanted to go ride the "Tower of Terror"... which we did, over and over again. With the low crowds, we rode 3 times in a row and shopped in the store after the ride. California Adventure was closing so we walked slowly back over to Disneyland and got there around 8:30 pm and decided to get another snack. The bakery sounded good to me, so I stood in a long line to get a brownie and Susan went to the Candy shop and got her snack and was going to wait for me on the bench on a porch on Main Street so we could enjoy our snacks and people watch some more. While I was in the bakery an announcement was made that they were going to have fireworks starting in 5 minutes... I was really excited as I wanted to see them but we didn't get to see them during the weekend and they usually don't have them on a weekday. So I grabbed my brownie (very yummy) by the way, and waved to Susan to come and stand in the middle of Main Street where it wasn't crowded and had a fantastic view of the fireworks... what a beautiful display of fireworks, lasers, sound effects, music, Tinkerbell and all the colors... WOW... :earseek: I saw some of it in October, but not like this. We didn't have a great view like this one. After the fireworks, we sat on the bench on the porch and ate our snacks and people watched while we visited with a couple that was doing the same thing. Since Main Street stays open for another hour after Disneyland closes, we enjoyed just relaxing and being there. We did it... :Pinkbounc We stayed until closing.. :Pinkbounc We walked slowly back to the Hotel around 10:40 pm, and, since the next day we were leaving at noon, we decided to get some of our packing organized and done so we could go to Disneyland the next morning for a couple of hours without having to spend time packing instead. After packing, it was off to bed for another good nights sleep.

Next, Day 4 - I'm glad I forgot

Good for you ! Closing the park is one of my favorite things to do.....I'm just 44 but I hope to be doing it for a good long time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter