A grand adventure of a lifetime! May 2014 ( THE FINAL)

keeping busy that last day makes a ton of sense - vs. just waiting around for the bus to come take you home.

Glad you enjoyed T-Rex. Our kids found it too loud and scary - but maybe on a future trip. My daughter did enjoy playing in the "dig" area out front though

Ok, I would have freaked out if I saw those snakes - they are one things that scares me ... probably because I got bit by one when I was a kid

And it is amazing how infectious Disney can be ... you haven't even finished your trip report for your "once in a lifetime trip" and already talking about the next one(s) - and now perhaps a solo trip coming up

I think if you can sneak in a short solo trip that would be great - get to explore things differently and perhaps a bit easier. And you can just think of it as research for your next family trip vs. leaving them behind ;)

It is what worked for our family trip. Now if it was just Bill and I he likes to just relax the last day. I personally I like to get as much in as I can so we compromise.

I not quite sure much scares my kids except roller coaster:rotfl2: Of course we are woking on that one;)

Snakes do not bother me too much. That is a good thing since we live out in the country in Central Illinois. Now I will say though I respected their privacy and decided to wait to ride my horse until later that day. I really did not think it would be a good idea reaching in there;)

Infectious is a good term for Disney. I can pretty much bet that a return trip is in the making:thumbsup2

Hey I like how you think:thumbsup2

If you have to end a Disney trip, at least end it in a good way which is just what you did. Good idea going to Downtown Disney and eating at T-Rex. Go out with a meteor shower and some dinosaurs!

Your picture of the snakes scared the bejebbers outta me! I detest snakes! :eek:

So the trip will be a solo trip? I am sure that it would be hard to leave the family behind but I bet that I could do it.;)

Yeah we went out with a BANG!

Thank God they don't bother me because we have quite a few of them and they keep the mice popualtion down around the barn. Even though I respected them and did not bother them I did go and get the kids so they could see. Growing up in the country they also repect the snakes but from a distance:thumbsup2

Yes that is the HUGE battle for me. It took me a long time to be some what comfortable just going on a couple vacation with Bill without the kids but a solo trip is even more difficult. Even though I know it would be fun it would be very hard to leave the family behind. Though I do like how Max Rebo thinks. Research, yes now that sounds promising!

I love your trip trip report! Thank you you for sharing your amazing trip, i love how you handled the little hiccups and carried on! You sure did pack in a lot of great adventures, not sure when you slept! Have a great time planning your next vacation! I would not be popular with my family if i did a solo trip:rotfl:

What a great way to end your last day! Moving from one fun thing to the next to not dwell on the sadness of the Tragical Depress. I love how you coordinated the outfits for even the last day!

But those snakes!!! Ahhhhhh!!! I love animals, but snakes...ehhhh, not so much.

I am feeling the Disney Blues right along with you! Reading your TR has been helpful!!

I love your trip trip report! Thank you you for sharing your amazing trip, i love how you handled the little hiccups and carried on! You sure did pack in a lot of great adventures, not sure when you slept! Have a great time planning your next vacation! I would not be popular with my family if i did a solo trip:rotfl:

I love to share our adventure!!! It really helped to relive it plus hopefully it helped othes in there planning. It makes it ten times more enjoyable when others like reading it. Thanks for reading along:rotfl:

Moving forward is the only way to help keep it magical for everyone involved. If you think about it life is that way so you have ot roll with the punch rather than go down for thr count;)

I honestly thought it would be our only trip to Disney and I wanted to be sure the boys and my parents would get the most of it.
Sleep is sooooo over rated! Just kidding we did manage to get to bed at a decent time for the most part. Now if we threw in the Pirate Pal cruise and or another night of fireworks that would have been a different story.

Yes that is the battle with a solo trip whether it is in reguards to buisness or pleasure or both.

What a great way to end your last day! Moving from one fun thing to the next to not dwell on the sadness of the Tragical Depress. I love how you coordinated the outfits for even the last day!

But those snakes!!! Ahhhhhh!!! I love animals, but snakes...ehhhh, not so much.

I am feeling the Disney Blues right along with you! Reading your TR has been helpful!!

It was agreat trip even up to the last momment and I would not have it any other way. bumps in the road and all. Sometimes you need lifes hicups to really appreciate the time and the gifts we are given.

Yeah it is intresting living in the country! Never a dull moment LOL!!!!

The blues are already starting to surface again since I am now done with my trip report. Thanks goodness they are mild. I believe I will be reading many trip reports. It really helps keep that Disney spirit alive!!!!

Your trip report has really helped me deal with my Disney Blues! Thank you!

Now I can't wait to hear about your solo business trip. Soon, right? Hope you have a blast!

Your trip report has really helped me deal with my Disney Blues! Thank you!

Now I can't wait to hear about your solo business trip. Soon, right? Hope you have a blast!

Glad I can help:)

No spoliers here LOL!!!!

You even planned the last day perfectly!:cool1:

However, that last photo of the snakes is forever imprinted in my mind.... AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH:blush:

The dilemma of the business trip.... can you tell your kids that you will be there even for five minutes without them?

I broke down and convinced my older daughter to join us in NYC next year because I knew that if I hadn't, she would have been upset for not having come with us. She is already smiling and more excited about going than we are! (well, not really)

Wouldn't it be great to do the business trip at a different time when everyone can come?

You even planned the last day perfectly!:cool1:

However, that last photo of the snakes is forever imprinted in my mind.... AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH:blush:

The dilemma of the business trip.... can you tell your kids that you will be there even for five minutes without them?

I broke down and convinced my older daughter to join us in NYC next year because I knew that if I hadn't, she would have been upset for not having come with us. She is already smiling and more excited about going than we are! (well, not really)

Wouldn't it be great to do the business trip at a different time when everyone can come?

Just glad that all my planning worked out:thumbsup2

Yeah it is hard to live in the country and not run into them at some point in time. Never planned on them being in my tack box though.

Believe or not I talked with the boys about the possibility of the trip. They seemed to understand and are ok with it as long as I promise to plan another family trip in the near future. We have a mini family trip planned to The Dells this November which is at a Resort with an indoor water park. It helps to have that planned so the kids have something to look forward too.

Problem is my certification expires at the end of the year. The confrence in Florida only takes place once a year in October so it is kind of Florida or bust type of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter