A grand adventure of a lifetime! May 2014 ( THE FINAL)

Caught up again. I'm sorry that your meal at the Coral Reef didn't live up to your expectations. We've always had good food and good service but I do read a lot of mixed reviews for the restaurant. At least you liked the atmosphere and decor.

Hunter used to think that he was in total control on Mission Space too. It's so cute to see the kids get so excited over something like that at Disney. Sounds like they may have found a favorite ride. ;)

I loved all of your flower and garden festival pictures! We juuuuust miss out on it because of our travel dates.

You were Silver Mist! I totally see it!

Caught up again. I'm sorry that your meal at the Coral Reef didn't live up to your expectations. We've always had good food and good service but I do read a lot of mixed reviews for the restaurant. At least you liked the atmosphere and decor.

Hunter used to think that he was in total control on Mission Space too. It's so cute to see the kids get so excited over something like that at Disney. Sounds like they may have found a favorite ride. ;)

I loved all of your flower and garden festival pictures! We juuuuust miss out on it because of our travel dates.

You were Silver Mist! I totally see it!

It as not that the food was bad and actually I think it was just that we were almost tired of eating sooooo much. I think we were just spoiled. I would try it again and may order the steak the next time.

Yeah I just loved watching Jaden in that ride! It was a toss up between that one and Dinosaur for the boys. Jaden just tonight asked if we could go back next year, This is the same boy that thought it was too cool for Disney.

Maybe next year you can go during the Flower and Garden Fest. It really is cool!

I can not tell you how fun Disney bounding is! Lets you be a kid again what over doing it.

I just got caught up! I've timed it just AFTER the flower and Garden Festival twice now, and would love to get there for it! So enjoying your pictures!

My nephew loves Mulan and was so disappointed that we missed her meet and greet! And I forgot about the drummers in Japan--we missed them too!

Looking forward to Canada--I've not spent much time in that area of Epcot.

I just got caught up! I've timed it just AFTER the flower and Garden Festival twice now, and would love to get there for it! So enjoying your pictures!

My nephew loves Mulan and was so disappointed that we missed her meet and greet! And I forgot about the drummers in Japan--we missed them too!

Looking forward to Canada--I've not spent much time in that area of Epcot.

If we are to go back I would go back during the Flower Festival again in a heartbeat. ;)

Since we missed Mulan it gives us a reason to go back:thumbsup2 Unfortunitly since we had the kids and we got to the park a bit later we missed out on seeing some other performers such as Morockin and some others which are no longer going to be performing. Curious to hear reviews on the new performances that will be starting there soon.

Canada will be next but our main focus there was eating. They did have a band there but again with the kids it was just something that did not intrest them. Now that band will have there last day on September 27th. Canada is also were we choose to see the fireworks mainly because of time.

Time was ticking away and we still had most of the countries to go through before making our way to Canada but before leaving we got some nice pictures of the landscaping
IMG5231_zpsb83c28d6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5219_zps58a9bcb0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We did not get a chance to spend much time in Germany except to get a picture
IMG5208_zps07ccad4d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So moving right along I realized we just did not have alot of time to hang out in each of the countries as I had wanted too. We did get a chance to stop and take some pictures of the cool topiraries

IMG5233_zpsfb0b2f06.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5216_zps0f2abfb5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With the kids enjoying the Muppets so much we just had to take their picture by this topirary.
IMG5212_zpsb7e46c48.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I even got to sneak in a picture by the flowers.
IMG5214_zps2bf7c68b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was really surprised at how many photographers there were in alot of the countries. Of course we took advantage of that.
EPCOT008_zpseb15052d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

EPCOT009_zpsa61be9b7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

EPCOT010_zpsc4888b4e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I tried to get a picture of the follage framing my shot but it really was the wrong time of day to get a crisp color picture. I love Moroco and would like to spend more time here if we get the chance to come back. I would have loved to see Morockin before the last show.
IMG5232_zps754b9ca1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not having the time to meet and greet I still managed to get a great picture of Alice.
IMG5234_zps923ee53a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tick tock tick time was running out so I was hopeing to back track a bit after our dinner and take some more pictures. We moved quickly and did managed to get to Canada in time for our ADR at Le Cellar. All that rushing and we were told they were running WAY behind so it became a waiting game. The lighting was just perfect and the landscaping was just beautiful. It was almost as if it was begging me to take a picture.
IMG5235_zps8a45f23f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5237_zpsb2176e54.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5236_zpsb443530f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So we waited and we waited and we waited some more until 30 to 40 minutes later we finally were seated. I can say the wait was worth it since we really enjoyed our meal. Since we had Deluxe Dining appetizers would be included in our choices. I had the cheese soup and it was outstanding! Bill had a cheese and meat plate which could have been a meal in itself.
IMG5238_zps6cf0089e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I loved the atmosphere inside.
IMG5240_zps4f47cee7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Our waitress was a native of Canadian and we really enjoyed talking with her. She was a fantastic watress! She honored us by taking a picture with just Bill and I since we could not get the kids away from their plates amd mom and Dad just wanted to rest.
IMG5241_zps3961bd55.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now table service is great and can be really special but it tends to take ALOT of time away from the parks. Our ADR was for 6:00pm yet we did not get out of there until 8:40pm. Really having very little time before the fireworks the family decided to hang out in Canada to wait for them. It was dark by the time we got out but I took a picture anyway.
IMG5242_zpsdc4befa9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Feeling as if I missed so much I told the family I was going to run and get a few pictures while they waited for the Illuminations to start. Getting only as far as the United Kingdom I did manage to get a few more pictures of the topiaries I missed.
IMG5252_zps11ec8f71.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5247_zpsdcbb8895.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Making it back in time to see the fireworks and the nations lite up was beautiful to watch. A chil run up and down my spine as I watched this amazing show. I was at least glad that the children made it that late and still seemed to be going strong. With the close of a day that I had hoped to do so much yet fell a bit short left me with thoughts of what tomorrow would bring. I was sooooo looking forward to our 2nd Magic Kingdom day. It would be a day that I expected would be the children's favorite day. I would get the chance to see my children transform to be true pirates but first they would have accept the task of a family obligation.

Awesome update! Seems like you could spend forever in Epcot (probably better sans little ones though).

Looking forward to your Magic Kingdom update!!

EPCOT is my favorite park - so much neat stuff to see and so much to see in the World Showcase ... if you want to hit up each country and really explore it is almost impossible to do in one day

Sorry about the confusion with the Mulan meet ... but like you said, another reason to go back :thumbsup2

I love your picture with the fairy wings!

Awesome update! Seems like you could spend forever in Epcot (probably better sans little ones though).

Looking forward to your Magic Kingdom update!!

Oh I could!!!! That is just it though the kids had more fun riding the rides. May be when they get older they will enjoy it but for this trip It worked out better for the kids to do it the way we did it.

Really enjoying your report! :thumbsup2

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Flower and Garden Festival. So pretty!:love:

It was my favorite!!! I would like to go back to Disney around the same time. That worked out perfect!!! We had the best of both worlds; Star Wars Weekend for the boys and Flower and Garden Festival for the girls:thumbsup2

EPCOT is my favorite park - so much neat stuff to see and so much to see in the World Showcase ... if you want to hit up each country and really explore it is almost impossible to do in one day

Sorry about the confusion with the Mulan meet ... but like you said, another reason to go back :thumbsup2

I love your picture with the fairy wings![/QU.OTE]

I have to agree with you. Next trip may have to plan more days.

No biggie. In life you have to be flexible and go with the punches. It is no different on vacation. You just have to be prepared to adjust or as Anna says "Let it go".

Oh thanks! My favorite magic shot by far!

The day had finally came and it was to be our 2nd Magic Kingdom day. The day I thought the boys would enjoy most. This would be the day the transformed from boy to men. While men pirates that is. But before they could make the transformation They would have to do agood dead for the day; take family photos at The Poly. I was excited to take photos here and had my fingers crossed that the Waterfall was still in operation. It would be a day by thing for that Waterfall since they planned on removing it. Once we got to The Poly my first view looked very promising.
IMG5256_zps2653b403.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We were instructed to wait for our photographer inside the lobby. I was so excited to see the Waterfall and took one last picture of it.
IMG5268_zpsbeb8bd5a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Our photographer arrived and we were led out side the lobby and on to the lawn where we took our first group picture. Bill decided to clown around a bit but it really got the boys to start laughing and was their best picture.
familypic013_zpsef99e08f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Poly was a great place to take pictures. There were so many beautiful areas. Once we got to the bridge Bill and I had our couple picture here. I loved the shot especially since Bill decided to behave.
familypic002_zpsdbd75ac1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The boys also had a group shot here.
familypic001_zpsc2db8df2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mom and dad got there turn. The photographer asked them to kiss but mom was laughing to hard so we got this shot instead.
familypic004_zps377d0be3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Each boy got an individual shot and I really think they all came out great. That is pretty hard to do with three boys who do not know how to sit still.

familypic010_zps1c5ff1b8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

familypic012_zps72ab094e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

familypic005_zps2aa9e272.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I wanted to get the beach and The Grand in the back ground so the photographer came up with this shot. he had us start at this location and continued to shoot away in hopes he would get a good one with the beach and the grand in the background. Unfortunitly that first picture was the best and did not have anything but the trees as our background. We were either looking down or at one point lost Alex behind us. Apparently it is pretty hard to get 7 people to walk a straight line.

familypic006_zpsf9f61b20.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This was the best shot we had of all of us walking with The Grand in the back ground.
familypic007_zps8b81e900.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once we got to the spot the sun was in our eyes so we had to take the shot quickly but I think it came out well considering.
familypic008_zpsda0b47a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Getting all our shots out side we wnet back to the lobby and got one last shot by the Waterfall. Sadly this would be one photo we would never be able to recreate.
familypic009_zps5a2ff39e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I photographer sat down with us and showed us all the pictures he had taken. He then copied them all to a memory stick which we could take home with us. I would does this again in a heart beat. It would be great to come back and have pictures taken when The Poly's construction is completed. I would love to take some pictures down by the wedding chappel between The Grand and The Poly as well. That area just seems so pretty. I felt really good about the way this whole day was planned and thought how smart I was to schedule our Character Breakfast at Ohana's for AFTER pictures. This way the boys stayed clean for the pictures. When we first walked into the restraunt they took our picture. This time it was just the boys and I.
familypic_zps951b8e9f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The greatest thing about still having the old Photo Pass Plus is you get a print of your picture once you are seated. This one as well as the one from the Luau included the Characters.
IMG5450_zpsf5d4398b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We did not have to wait long before they came to seat us. I thought we had one of the best seats in the house due to this veiw we had of the gardens and the water.
IMG5265_zps4b5262da.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Each of the Characters came by to our table and allowed for time to get some photos
IMG5259_zpsc7712158.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5262_zps74ab8112.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5257_zps77e45c82.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5258_zpsdcb15bfb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Noah was just sooooooo excited to get the Mickey Mouse Waffles.
IMG5264_zps432814c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After haveing a great breakfast and a great start to our day we told the boys we are now ready to go to Pirates League. We could have told them it was Christmas and they still would not have been as excited as they were at that moment. I decided to take the boys to the restroom to clean up. It was then that I realized I had misplaced the memory stick. A fear had come over me and I rushed back to the table checking furiously for the lost memory stick. I had checked the floor, the table and everything in between. Nothing. Now where in the world could I have lost it that fast, I asked the waiters but now one had seemd to see it. They even asked back in the kitchen if anyone had found a memory card. I even checked eith the front desk. The women there said,"why yes we DID find one! I was jumping for joy!!! Then she went in the back and brought out a memory card and not the memory stick I had lost. I felt my heart sink to my feet. Now my only chance was to try to get a hold of the Photographer to see what could be done. At this point we were now risking being late for the boys Pirate League appointment. As we were heading to the Monrail it was sitting there just getting ready to leave. We managed to race inside only to look back and realize Bill and my father did not make it on. Apparently they did not feel the urge to race as fast as us. A bit worried about the time mom, the boys, and I waited for them at the monorail exit. The next Monorail arrived but dad and Bill were not on it. Now I was starting to panic. Just then mom's cell phone rang. It was Dad telling her not to worry they would not be on the next momorail either. It would be two monorails total since ours that the guys would arrive. I watched as they made their exit out of the monorail and what did my wondering eyes see? Why it was my wonderful husband holding the memory stick!!!! He had made one last ditch effort to talk to some one about the memory stick. That man just happened to be the right guy who could get the job done. He managed to find the person who had cleaned off the table and he had found the memory card. Oh glory day!!!! Feeling a lot better we were off to get the boys to their appointment and we would have JUST enough time to do so.

Sadly this would be the time our family would part with Bill. Even though he would not have to deal with rope drop he just could not face his fear to enter and thought it would be best to head back to resort for some R&R. It was agreed that after our Dinner at Be Our Guest we would held back and met up with Bill to hang out at the pool. With no time to waste the rest of us made our way to Adventure land ready to start OUR adventure and the transformation of three boys to Pirate men. Even I would get in on this adventure.

IMG5270_zps6fd9683d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once we arrived we were told everything would be done in secret even down to picking the boys Pirate names. After choosing the boys personal attire We were brought to this contraption which would magically choose the name one pirate would take or even a wee mermaid for that matter.
IMG5272_zps39b7b410.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We were then led to the chambers were the transformation would take place. Each of us would be asigned a pirate who would be be responsible for this transformation.
IMG5275_zps8e2053d1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5273_zps0c5f5ed4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5274_zps852321e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once the transformation had taken place the boys would have to pledge that they would perform as a pirate should and only then we they be announced as a new pirate. I was swearn in as a new mermaid of course.
IMG5276_zps44e288ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5277_zpseffb3989.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5278_zpsf1c71a7f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once the announcement was made we were lead to a secret room that we had to make a promise we would tell no one of what lay inside. Of course no photographs were allowed due to the secrecy of what lay behind those walls. It even had a hidden entrance.
IMG5279_zps061f81a4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once inside we left our old selves behind and our transformed selves were photographed. One with their hat and one without.
mk003_zpsd5f8d9d8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mk004_zps1cd925ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mk001_zps92e590e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mk005_zps1bec4ed0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mk004_zps1cd925ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mk006_zpsb65429e1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Although the transformation would last only 24 hours we were each given trinkets that we could take home and memories to last a life time.
IMG5445_zpscdfe4745.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5446_zps112859a7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5443_zps0e3ec402.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5442_zpsd0f32da5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5447_zpsde3daffe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Before leaving we got a group shot in front of Pirates League.
IMG5286_zpscc9d163d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once we left Pirates League I had it set up to go to the show with Captain Jack Sparrow. It was perfect timing because the show was just about to begin.

IMG5283_zpsfd2e5f75.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The boys were too shy to raise their hands to be in the show but they enjoyed watching from a distance.

mk008_zps0f4829bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mk009_zps5b6f88ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thankfully Jack then invited all the kids to come up to the stage. This made the boys feel more comfortable and they went up to be part of the show.

mk012_zpsf493352a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I have to say the boys may look as if they are not having fun since they have serious faces but this was all part of the transformation for them. They truly became the ghostly evil pirates and took on that role accordingly. In fact after the show it was time for our FP+ at Pirates of the Carribean. The boys decided to hold me captive on the ride. I of course played along. We all loved this ride and although I attempted to take pictures not a one had come out without being blurry. I guess that is a good thing since I am already at my limit that this post allows for this update. Speaking of picture I must tell you that even though I have placed our finished photos in this update when we first came out of " the secret room" I forgot that we would recieve print outs of our pictures since we still had the old Photo Pass Plus. I just assumed I would have to wait until we got home to see them especially since the girl behind the counter did not seem to know we were intitled to them either. She had asked if we wanted to buy the photographs that had just been taken. Since we would get them on a disk with Photo Pass Plus I declined even though I had not yet seen them. This would be a very important aspect of my next update and even though we were making excellent time this would all change in a heart beat.

Catching up! No matter what happens the rest of the Mk day, you already got so much accomplished! You did get a great table at 'Ohana. When we had breakfast we were way off to the side, with no view at all.

Your boys look so sweet in the professional photos and then oh so scary in their Pirate costumes! What great memories!

Catching up! No matter what happens the rest of the Mk day, you already got so much accomplished! You did get a great table at 'Ohana. When we had breakfast we were way off to the side, with no view at all.

Your boys look so sweet in the professional photos and then oh so scary in their Pirate costumes! What great memories!

Yes we were VERY luck to get that table. I really enjoyed that veiw!

They had a blast! I think that may have been their favorite thing on our trip. I hope those memories will last a life time for my boys, I hope some day they will be telling their children about there family visit to Disney World.

Wow, what a morning! The fruits of perfect planning.... And then you go and leave us with a cliffhanger! :lmao:

Those pictures are absolutely amazing! I am very glad that you were able to recover the memory stick after breakfast. I know I am planning on O'hana dinner, but now you've got me thinking about breakfast as well! I am just concerned about it taking too long to get there from CBR without a car. Do we really want to get up that early?

I am looking forward to your next update. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter