A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Never Dies.. A Graduation TR

WDWJonasGirl

Mouseketeer/Directioner
Hi Everyone!!

Welcome to my first WDW TR!! Although this was not my first time to WDW, I had previously been in 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2010. I also went on a Disney Cruise on this trip too.

Also joining me were my mom, dad, sister, two of my mom's cousins, their boyfriend and DH.

Post 1- Introduction
Post 5- About Me
Post 6- Day 1- LA to Orlando
Post 7- Picture of the Day July 22, 2014
Post 9- July 23, 2014 Picture of the Day
Post 10- Fantasy, Lightning, Buses, and Royal Court

For those of you who haven't read my previous TRs, here's a little bit about me:

My name is Kaitlin. I'm a recent high school graduate who graduated on June 13th. I loved my high school experience and enjoyed many of the school events. Throughout my time in high school, I was in two special needs clubs for three of the four years, class council all four years, in link crew, the secretary of prom committee as a junior, the secretary of a dress drive club that my committee started in prom committee, and a rock club. I was also very school spirited, dressing up for 90% of the spirit weeks. As a result of my amazing spirit, I was voted prom queen at my school!! :woohoo:

In addition to what I mentioned earlier, I am a player of MyVMK, a member of the Jonas Brothers fan club, and I love going on trips and concerts. I also love going to Broadway shows with my favorite being Newsies.

Here I am:
1zr2yxv.jpg

That's me with the Jonas Brothers. I was a freshman at the time and I was 15, almost 16.

2d76jyt.jpg

Me with my friend Bennett. This was taken at my senior prom and we were paired up for prom court. We were the couple that got crowned prom queen and king.

Waking up early is never fun, especially when it your flight leaves at 9 in the morning. That's exactly how my family and I were for this trip. On the plane, I texted some of my friends that I was on the plane. Many of them told me to have a great time and to tell them all about it. On the plane ride, I watched Austin & Ally, Liv & Maddie, Phineas & Ferb, Dog With a Blog, and Good Luck Charlie.

We landed in Orlando, went on the fake monorail to baggage claim and checked into the Hyatt at the Orlando airport. After dropping our luggage off at the room, we met up with my mom's cousins and their husband and boyfriend. Dinner that night was at the Macaroni Grill in the airport. I loved the hotel because you got to see views of the airport and see some of the planes take off and land.

Up Next: How will we get to the port?, Where will dinner be? Going on a new ship?

Stay tuned to find out

Before I continue, I wanted to do a picture of the day. Some of them are mine, some of them are not. Here's today's picture:
celebrationtrippix003-1.jpg

Today's picture is from Los Angeles International Airport. This was taken on my 2009 trip heading to Orlando, no surprise.

Following along, how cool you got to go to Disney to celebrate your Graduation :)

Thank you!! The last time I had been was in 2010 right before my freshman year of high school :scared1: How cool that you are from England!!! I went for the first time during the summer of 2013 (sadly, George was born two weeks after I returned home).

Anyway, here's today's picture of the day:
27xmi2u.jpg

Yes folks, it's a Jonas Brothers ad on one of the buses. For those of you who have not read my previous TRs, I love the Jonas Brothers!! I have been a fan since 2008, seeing them in concert at the ages of 13, 14 x2, 15, 17, and 18. They also started my obsession with my pageants ever since Nick hosted the 2013 Miss USA pageant.

The next day we boarded the cruise!!! I was so excited because my family and I had never been on the new ships, just the Magic and Wonder. It would also be our first time since 2009 that we had cruised out of Port Canaveral. The last two cruises I had been on went out of Vancouver and New York City. I had also gone out of Port Canaveral on the New Years Eve 2006 cruise (my first cruise). We went on the Disney Cruise Line bus to the port. I loved the video and the cartoons they showed. We checked in and got to see Mickey while in the terminal. With the exception of the New York cruise, I had seen a character before boarding
the ship. When we got on the ship, they announce your name. I love that.

Lunch was at Enchanted Garden. From there, we went to our rooms and I went to the Dis Meet and hung out in the room until it was time for the safety drill. Yes, you could see Lightning during the drill which was not good, especially since the sailaway party would be happening after the drill. Despite the lightning, the party still went on. The show that night was a Welcome Aboard Show which I did not go to. The characters I saw were Mickey,
Rapanzuel (who I met for the first time :scared1:), and Donald. Since it was open house in the Oceaneer Club, I decided to go and take pictures. It was so cool and they have a Toy Story area, a Pixie Hollow area, a Monsters Inc area and a Finding Nemo area.

Dinner was at Royal Court. It reminded me of everyone who I was on prom court with. Our severs were Devandra from India, Ryan from the Philippines, and Rajesh from Bulgaria. After dinner, I wanted to see more characters and who do I run into? Pinnochio!! I even saw him get in to an elevator to the next deck. I also saw Belle and Goofy. I decided to wear my prom court sash when I saw Belle. She was impressed. For those of you who don't know, I was on my school's prom court which was being in the running for prom queen and I ended up winning!! :cloud9: princess: I love Goofy so I decided to see him too.

Up Next: Who is photobombing :scared1:, Will I Like the new Animator's Palate, and Will any characters like my dress? Stay tuned to find out

Here's today's picture:
10fdk06.jpg

A Disney Mania poster inside Rock n Roller Coaster. This was taken in 2010

Here's today's picture:
200px-Bear_in_the_Big_Blue_House.jpg

I loved this show growing up. Now, I think it's hilarious that a real estate agent sold a bear a big blue house

Here's today's picture:
200px-Bear_in_the_Big_Blue_House.jpg

I loved this show growing up. Now, I think it's hilarious that a real estate agent sold a bear a big blue house

I use to love that program too, I even went and saw it in the west end in London :rotfl: but how funny an estate agent sold a bear in the big blue house!!! :rotfl2:
Also I'm writing a trip report too, would love for you to read...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3309969

For those of you who want know the name of my TR, here's the story:

I love the song There's A Great Beautiful Tomorrow from the Carousel of Progress that we sadly didn't see on this trip :sad2: Also, Tomorrow Never Dies was my senior prom theme. It was really cool and got me in the mood for Epcot and Tomorrowland. Also, I decided on including Tomorrow Never Dies because I ended up winning prom queen princess: :woohoo:

I graduated high school on June 13th :woohoo: :yay: I did think of my friends throughout my trip and I let them help me plan too.

ku3ad.jpg

View from window in Los Angeles
t9eahg.jpg

During Taxiway.
2sa1dgg.jpg

Take off!! Sorry, not the best.
21j1zt3.jpg

Landing in Orlando :woohoo:
33perdd.jpg

Harry Potter ad in the Orlando airport
29wqvc1.jpg

Star Wars weekend ad. :darth: :yoda::chewy: :ewok: Sadly, I'd miss it by two weeks :sad2:
5pojlg.jpg

Seven Dwarves Mine Train ad in baggage claim

The next day was an at sea day. It was nice because you could relax on those days. I slept in and decided to see more characters. I saw Sofia and Tinkerbell that morning. It was my first time meeting her and I liked her. Jack Jack's Diaper Dash was also going on that morning. It was so cute seeing the babies race. I also saw Stitch (without Lilo) and had lunch along the way.

I decided to go to Animation. Martin, the guy doing it was so funny. He was from England and had an accent. The characters we drew were Mickey and Donald. He loves Donald because he is so angry. The other characters I saw after Animation were Buzz, Woody, and Jessie. I loved the cute Toy Story backdrop. Buzz, being a space guy stamped my autograph book :rotfl2:. I also spent some quality time with Woody and Jessie. Woody decided that
he and I needed a picture together. Jessie, on the other hand was not thrilled. She stepped in front of Woody and I and photobombed us :scared1: I found it funny even though normally, I'm not a huge fan of photobombs. I returned to the room for a while and then went to find Chip, Dale, Minnie, Daisy, and Goofy who were already all dressed up.

The show that night was Aladdin but I didn't want to go. It was formal night so people were dressed up. I wore the exact dress I wore to prom but without my sash and tiara. Dinner was at Animator's Palate which was so cool. You got to talk to Crush. I was impressed that Crush remembered my graduation. Several other characters from Finding Nemo showed up too.

Up Next: Will I enjoy the Aqua Duck, Who is this magician, What characters will I see? Stay tuned!!

ndmngn.jpg

View from Hyatt Orlando
bgwp53.jpg

The Fantasy!! Yay!!
2hi0zes.jpg

Me with Mickey in the cruise terminal
oiycn.jpg

Olaf in the terminal. You will later see him at Castaway Cay
2r5tfsi.jpg

View from Virtual Porthole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter