• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Never Dies.. A Graduation TR

I'm going off topic for today.

My favorite musical of all time is closing tonight :( For those of you who don't know, I love Newsies the Musical and fell in love with it upon seeing it in August 2012. I even dressed like one for Halloween last year. All of the guys were cute. Unfortunatley, I had to explain to my friends what Newsies was. I was 17 at the time I saw it. Here's a picture of me with some friends on Halloween:
29n85jn.jpg

L-R: My friend Hayes, Me, Tyler, and Mya. The three of them as well as some of friends dressed like Country Club people. Tyler and Mya graduated with me while Hayes is a senior.

Luckily, it is going on tour so I hope to see them when it comes to Los Angeles. Oh yeah, and I had my first stage door encounter. Apparently, people in New York go to the stage door after the shows and the cast comes out to do autographs. I was lucky enough to get some of their autographs

Today was Cozumel day. We didn't get off since we didn't like any of the excursions. Instead, we stayed on the ship and went on something I had been wanting to go on for a long time: the Aqua Duck. I ended up falling in love with it. I also went to Donald's pool when I was not going on the Aqua Duck. :donald:

The show that night was Magician Mike Super. No, not Mike's Super Short Show. He did some Magic tricks which were cool. At one point, I get picked to........ keep track of what people said during the game we played!! I later met him and surprised my parents with an I'm Lavenous shirt. Dinner was at Enchanted Garden where we ate lunch on the first day. The characters I saw that night were Jake, Belle (in her costume at the beginning of the movie), Lilo, Stitch, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Pinnochio. Jasmine was so funny. I had seen her twice the day before and told Aladdin about everything we had talked about. I couldn't believe she remembered me from 24 hours prior. I
was so excited to see Lilo as I had only seen Stitch.

For some reason, Stitch gets jealous when I'm with Lilo. In 2009, I saw them and Lilo decided that we looked so much alike, that she decided to kiss me. Stitch, on the other hand, was not thrilled. He started to run away upon seeing this. The character handler did stop him. I ran into Mike later. He said it was sweet of me to do what I mentioned earlier.

Up Next: WHAT?! We have to get on a boat?!, Will I touch a turtle?, A Special Tribute to My friends, Is one of my new friends in the show? Stay Tuned to Find Out

Today was Grand Cayman day. We stayed on the ship since our excursion wasn't until 1:15. Our excursion was an Island tour of Grand Cayman and a trip to the Turtle Farm. One of the stops was hell. Unfortunatley, you had to take tenders to the port which wasn't fun. The turtle farm was fun. I even got to touch a baby turtle.

Stay tuned for Wishes

For those of you haven't been on the Disney Fantasy, Wishes is one of the shows on the ship. The show is about long time best friends Brandon, his twin sister Nicole and Kayla on the verge of graduation going on a journey through several Disney films learning how to stay a kid at heart despite growing up. That was going to be me as I graduated high school two weeks prior. In honor of this, I decided to do a special tribute to my friends. Most of them, got me elected as prom queen.

I met many of my friends in elementary and middle school. Many of them were involved in trip planning and know about my love of Disney. I met a lot of people in high school. I miss them all so much and I thought of them throughout the trip.

The show took me back to high school and it made me think of all of my friends. Kayla was the valedictorian and spoke at graduation. At my graduation, we had two valedictorians. Toward the end of the show, a class of 2014 came up and I cheered. :cheer2: Of course, I did have people looking at me due to my excitement :confused3

After the show, I went to see more characters before dinner.

Last edited:

Before I contiune with the TR, I wanted to post some pictures from my senior prom:

2vwyyv9.jpg

Me with my friend Danny. I've known him since middle school and he considers me his best friend.
4q4ga0.jpg

Me with my friend Natalie and her boyfriend Eli. Ever since junior prom, it has been a tradition that I would take a photo with both of them. I always stood in between them. I've known Natalie since 4th grade and Eli since last year.
11iei5y.jpg

Me with my friend Brittany. She was the senior class president and she did an AMAZING job with my senior year. She was also one of the editor in chiefs for my school yearbook.
20j204k.jpg

Me with my friend Jordan. I've known him since freshman year and we've been friends ever since. I also have a girl friend named Jordan too.

2ps2261.jpg

Me with my friend Petra. I'm not sure when exactly we met but I know it was either last or this year. She is one of the two student of the years at my school and will be one of the two valedictorians.

2q8954o.jpg

Here I am with my friend Nick. I've known him since 7th grade when we were in some classes together.

Bobsleds, Pirates, Selfies and a Shocking Moment- June 25, 2014

Today was an early morning which was not fun. :sad2: This time, we stopped in Falmouth, Jamaica. It was my first time in Jamaica so I was excited. We took a chair lift to the mountain where you got to fly on top of a jungle. That was so cool. We did have to wait for a while to go on the bobsleds which was not fun. :sad2: It was worth it in the end. Lunch was okay but I felt like we were rushed. Next stop was to Dunn's River Falls. Nobody in my family wanted to climb the falls but we did dip our feet in the water.

Back on the ship, it was Pirate Night!! pirate: The cast members and characters dress like pirates which is cool. The show tonight was Malefiecant (the movie) but I decided not to go. The characters I saw were Chip, Dale, Stitch, Captain Jack, Daisy, Goofy, Mickey, Donald, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee.

I later found Olivia while I was waiting for Goofy the second time and Captain Hook and Smee. She, as usual asked me how my day was and what I did. I found out during this time that she is a New York girl. I was trying to find her so she could see my pirate outfit. She liked it and I liked all of the character handler's outfits. I had told her that I love Newsies. This was when the shocking moment had come: Olivia told me that Newsies, my favorite broadway musical of all time would be closing!!! :scared1: I fell in love with when I saw it in 2012. My reaction was WHAT?! She also asked me what others I had seen in New York. I told her the only other ones I had seen there were The Lion King and the Radio City Rockettes. She told me that she had a friend who was in the Rockettes. I was so excited because I fell in love with them when I went to NY in 2009. I was a little jealous too. I then realized that Olivia and I haven't had a selfie together so I decided we should in our pirate outfits.

Up Next: Will I like Palo, a flashback to Sadie Hawkins and Homecoming, What show is tonight? Stay tuned to find out

Last edited:
Palo, Pin Trading, Semi-Formal, Believe- June 26, 2014
Today was our last sea day. Brunch was at Palo. This was my first time eating there so I was excited. In addition, this was also the first time that I was old enough to eat there. On my previous cruises, I was 11, 14, 16, and 17. I got surprised with a congratulations plate after we ate. After Palo, I decided to go change and then see Sofia. I also went to the Captain's Signing and to Animation where we drew Tigger and Pooh. That class was taught by Anthony who lives in
New York. He was so funny. Everytime you'd see him, he would make you "Whoop Whoop".

That night was semi formal night. The show in the Walt Disney Theatre was Believe. It's about a workaholic father who–through the power of Disney magic–reconnects with his daughter and learns a valuable lesson about what is most important in life. He forgets his daughter's birthday due to his passion to his garden and refuses to believe his daughter about magic. Dinner was at Animator's Palate and it was fun. After the show was pin trading night. The pins I traded for a 2010 Northern European Capitals Cruise, a 2008 WDW with Minnie, a 2010 Dover to Barcelona and Barcelona to Dover, and a summer 2013 Mediterranean pin. I decided to see Goofy and Ariel before dinner at Animator's Palate. I also ran in to Aladdin too. One of the coolest things about Animator's Palate was that you drew somebody, and you may get picked. I also saw Mickey after dinner.

Up Next: Waaah, Last day of cruise, Castaway Cay, See Ya Real Soon, Will I have another selfie?

Castaway Cay, Selfies, See Ya Real Soon- June 27, 2014
Today was the last day on the ship. The port we went to was Castaway Cay, Disney's Private Island. I hadn't been since 2009 so I was excited. My sister and I took pictures with Chip & Dale and I saw Captain Jack Sparrow for the second time (4th if you count the times I saw him in 2012). After that, I went with my family to the family beach and went in the water for a little bit. I also decided to see Goofy, Minnie, Mickey, and Pluto. Lunch was at Cookie's BBQ which was among the best food I ate throughout the trip so far. I enjoyed Pelican's Plungge and going in to the beach.

It was the last night aboard the ship. After returning from Castaway Cay, I went to see Donald, Tiana, and Mickey. At one point of the cruise, I met a characterhandler named Kristina. Her birthday is the day before mine!! She is from San
Diego and I took a photo with her. Dinner was at Enchanted Garden and we would be eating there the next morning. I was After dinner, I went to visit the night clubs where I took a selfie with Martin from the UK who I mentioned earlier. I also take pictures with characters at See Ya Real Soon. I was disappointed because only Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Tiana, Belle, and Ariel were there. I always looked forward to meeting some people from the Walt Disney Theatre. That ended up being okay since I did meet someone from the Walt Disney Theatre I mentioned earlier. I also ask Olivia to take one last selfie with me and I gave her a pin from Disneyland so she could remember me.

Up Next: A Flashback to Prom, what rides will we go on? Stay tuned

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter