A great big pickle...sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Those are all on my list. Is Toy Story like the Buzz Lightyear ride? We loved that one. I won, of course. :laughing:

Hey Tracy
Sorry, I'm always late getting back on these boards (work was a zoo today). BUT, you have to go on Toy Story - I like Buzz Lightyear, but this attraction is light years ahead of it (heehee, bad joke, I.m so tired today!):laughing:

Anyway, try to fastpass it, yes the newfangled thing you weren't aware of. we got one fast pass, but waited in line the other times, usually around 45-55 min. (its not too bad, you are in air conditioning!! and you are in "Andy room" looking at all his toys, and you get to be greeted by Mr. Potato Head.) This is all before the ride. The ride itself is in 3D, what's neat about it is that it lets you play a demo round to get you used to playing it. You get to shoot pies, rings, darts, at moving targets, you are timed in each round, and you try to get the most points. Even if you have to wait in line, it is so worth it!:cool1: You CAN'T miss this one, we went on 3 times:thumbsup2

Okay, said my piece, you can go back to the regular scheduled program.:laughing:

Okay, Pickles...I need your advice. I just received a Private Message indicating that the CSR Faq Thread will have to be locked shortly...it is approaching the 250 page limit. I was asked if I would like to start a new one which would also get rid of some of the stuff that doesn't belong there. Now, here is where you come in: do you think I should do it? Or should I leave it to someone else?

Why not? You like CSR, you stayed there many times, you know alot about it. Is there a downside? Would it be different from what you do now on the current thread??

This Pickle doesn't know enough about the boards or anything to vote in an educated way... so my vote is for sale :)

And for the record.. .we love the Whispering Canyon two years ago and the kids had a ball. They asked for ketchup and got to have a stick pony race and they have asked to go back.

We have booked this for our trip in Sept that is the surprise.

We ate at Flame Tree last month and it was not as great as it had been in the past. I thought some of the places were not as good this time and DH did too, but we didn't let that control the trip. We still had fun and I didn't cook :)

Good Morning Pickles,
Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful day & weekend ... I will be away until Sunday going to visit my mom in upstate NY - she finished up her cancer treatments a week ago. :yay: Samanta & I will be enjoying some R&R and just celebrating life - its so good.:)

Heather - hope your FIL continues to feel well in his recovery.:)

Be safe, and enjoy!
Janet

And for the record.. .we love the Whispering Canyon two years ago and the kids had a ball. They asked for ketchup and got to have a stick pony race and they have asked to go back.

We ate at Flame Tree last month and it was not as great as it had been in the past. I thought some of the places were not as good this time and DH did too, but we didn't let that control the trip. We still had fun and I didn't cook :)

Hi Kelly
Never tried the WCC, but since we love BBQ, it is someplace we want to try on our next trip.

Sorry to hear about Flame tree not being as good - its one of our fav CS restaurant.
Janet

Happy and safe travels to you! :)

Thanks Tracy
Now I won't have any internet,:eek: so I'll have a lot of catching up to do with all you pickles when I return.:)
Janet

YES - you are 15 days away from your dream trip!!! COOL! Will you have a new set of dining ressies when I return???

Thanks Tracy
Now I won't have any internet,:eek: so I'll have a lot of catching up to do with all you pickles when I return.:)
Janet

YES - you are 15 days away from your dream trip!!! COOL! Will you have a new set of dining ressies when I return???

New set of ressies? It's quite possible! LOL

I don't think this thread will be moving as quickly as it once was. ;)

I think you underestimate our level of chatter!

I can't believe you are 15 days out! Did you ever call and get the dining plans added to your reseies? I'm very excited that you are going to get into the sunshine and enjoy some R&R with your hubby soon!

Kathy... I think you are a great person to start the FAQ thread. I would let the Admins know that if you do it, you are not going to put up with the bashing, though. You could copy and paste a lot of the content off of the other thread, making changes where necessary. But I do not think you should do it if it is making you feel overwhelmed. DIS is your hobby, not your job, so don't make it too stressful on yourself.

Good Morning Pickles,
Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful day & weekend ... I will be away until Sunday going to visit my mom in upstate NY - she finished up her cancer treatments a week ago. :yay: Samanta & I will be enjoying some R&R and just celebrating life - its so good.:)

Heather - hope your FIL continues to feel well in his recovery.:)

Be safe, and enjoy!
Janet
Thanks! Have a safe trip, and enjoy the time with your Mom! What a great thing to celebrate!
OMG!!!!! Muh....muh ticker says 15 days?!?!?! :scared1:
YES! It does!!!:cool1:

I can't believe you are 15 days out! Did you ever call and get the dining plans added to your reseies? I'm very excited that you are going to get into the sunshine and enjoy some R&R with your hubby soon!

Kathy... I think you are a great person to start the FAQ thread. I would let the Admins know that if you do it, you are not going to put up with the bashing, though. You could copy and paste a lot of the content off of the other thread, making changes where necessary. But I do not think you should do it if it is making you feel overwhelmed. DIS is your hobby, not your job, so don't make it too stressful on yourself.

I think that's great advice, Kari!

Ok Pickles...quick update on my FIL....he is doing pretty well. Went in yesterday, and they removed the catheter and bag. They are NOT doing radiation at this point, but they are watching him very closely. He has to go back every 3 months for at least 3 years for a camera scope (not sure what the technical term is) He is taking it well, and seems upbeat, but Brian is not. he's having a rough time with it, and feels like it is "the beginning of the end" I'm trying to help him through it by reminding him to enjoy each moment. 10 years ago, my FIL was so sick that we never would have imagined he'd be here today, and he has had 9 great years we never thought he'd have, but it's still hard.

Ok...back to work, and the Pickles at hand!

Ok Pickles...quick update on my FIL....he is doing pretty well. Went in yesterday, and they removed the catheter and bag. They are NOT doing radiation at this point, but they are watching him very closely. He has to go back every 3 months for at least 3 years for a camera scope (not sure what the technical term is) He is taking it well, and seems upbeat, but Brian is not. he's having a rough time with it, and feels like it is "the beginning of the end" I'm trying to help him through it by reminding him to enjoy each moment. 10 years ago, my FIL was so sick that we never would have imagined he'd be here today, and he has had 9 great years we never thought he'd have, but it's still hard.

Ok...back to work, and the Pickles at hand!

I'm glad to hear that your FIL is doing well. He seems like a tough cookie. Remind Brian of that. ;) I wish you all the strength in the world to make it through this. :hug:

I plan to call tomorrow or tonight. I am finalizing things today with ressies and what I want/plan to do as far as dining plans are concerned. I cannot wait to blow this popsicle stand. I really need some R&R. I am so exhausted and ragdoll like.

The town has shut our water off in our subdivision from 8:30 to 5:30 tonight. This is going to be a rough day. It's amazing what you need water for!

GOOD MORNING, PICKLES!!!

OMG!!!!! Muh....muh ticker says 15 days?!?!?! :scared1:

Yes, Tracy, and before you know it the ticket will say 10 days and then 5 days and then 1 day! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Good Morning Pickles,

Janet, safe journey to you and hope your mom is doing well.

New set of ressies? It's quite possible! LOL

I may be a little "absent" the next couple of days because of the new assignment I've taken on, but we will keep this thread going!

Thanks, Kari. I'm going to do it. I've already started and I have the help of someone who did the original FAQ thread. Did you check out the poll--I love it...as of 10 minutes ago, one person said the FAQ should be dropped and one said I SHOULD NOT do it. Gee, wonder who they might be.

Heather, glad to hear FIL is doing pretty good. Please tell Brian that he has to take each day as it comes. My dad almost died in 1995 due to a blood clot in his lung; my oldest son who was 10 at the time, sat and held his hand for three days and told him that he could not leave us because we all needed him. My dad lived another 13 years...but you really have to take it a day at a time.

Christine, I hope you are feeling better. We've missed you.

The town has shut our water off in our subdivision from 8:30 to 5:30 tonight. This is going to be a rough day. It's amazing what you need water for!

:scared1: I hope you had advance notice so you could set a few gallons aside! Every 6 months they flush our lines, and we have brown water for the day. Can't cook with it, it will stain the laundry, etc. It is a giant pain in the butt!

I'm glad to hear that your FIL is doing well. He seems like a tough cookie. Remind Brian of that. ;) I wish you all the strength in the world to make it through this. :hug:
Thanks!
I plan to call tomorrow or tonight. I am finalizing things today with ressies and what I want/plan to do as far as dining plans are concerned. I cannot wait to blow this popsicle stand. I really need some R&R. I am so exhausted and ragdoll like.

Just make sure you update us witht he final plans! We are nosy and want to know!
Good luck with the No Water situation. Sounds like a reason to go out for dinner tonight, of you ask me!:thumbsup2
GOOD MORNING, PICKLES!!!

I may be a little "absent" the next couple of days because of the new assignment I've taken on, but we will keep this thread going!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you over there. I've never stayed there, so don't know a whole lot about it, but if you want me to post a few questions to get it moving, I'd be glad to.

Heather, glad to hear FIL is doing pretty good. Please tell Brian that he has to take each day as it comes. My dad almost died in 1995 due to a blood clot in his lung; my oldest son who was 10 at the time, sat and held his hand for three days and told him that he could not leave us because we all needed him. My dad lived another 13 years...but you really have to take it a day at a time.
Thanks...It truly has been one day at a time since the transplant, with ups and downs. I think what is hard is we were all kind of prepared to lose him right around the time of the transplant, because ghe was SO sick. Now, he's been doing GREAT for 9 years, and nobody is ready to let go. He's a fighter though!:hug:
Christine, I hope you are feeling better. We've missed you.

Ditto! Chirstine, I hope you are feeling better and can come out and play soon!:grouphug:

Thanks, Kari. I'm going to do it. I've already started and I have the help of someone who did the original FAQ thread. Did you check out the poll--I love it...as of 10 minutes ago, one person said the FAQ should be dropped and one said I SHOULD NOT do it. Gee, wonder who they might be.

Haters. I think you should throw in a paragraph about all the ways that CSR is FAR superior to CBR. CBR: CSR Lite of resorts! :rotfl:

Don't hate me Kathy... I stirred the pot on your poll. :rolleyes1 I asked those with negative votes to explain their reasons. It just irritates me because we KNOW who they are, and that they are just being spiteful.

Don't hate me Kathy... I stirred the pot on your poll. :rolleyes1 I asked those with negative votes to explain their reasons. It just irritates me because we KNOW who they are, and that they are just being spiteful.

I think you should just let it go. Nothing good ever comes of pot stirring. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter