A Haunted Mansion QS or TS ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Do you think WDW would every build a haunted mansion themed QS or TB ?
It does not have to be scary - just have paper plates with cracks drawn into them
Maybe serve Italian with flair - with lost of tomato sauce ;)

Hubby and I have said for a long time that a Haunted Mansion TS restaurant would be AMAZING (though I disagree that it shouldn't be spooky - it's the HAUNTED MANSION lol). In 2002 they offered a Disney Dining member experience for dinner INSIDE the Haunted Mansion, but nothing since then :( Rumors pop up periodically about a TS restaurant that is HM themed, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think a TS would be amazing (even though my park is DL). The ambiance would be superb and I imagine it would have similar vibes (but not quite) to Blue Bayou. This year Steakhouse 55 is doing an HM themed afternoon tea and that seems to be immensely popular, so I imagine there is a demand for it.

Though you raise an interesting question of cuisine. I don't quite know what cuisine would be fitting.

This year with the anniversary of HM in Disneyland, it brought a variety of foods that are fitting with the theme but all over the parks.

There were rumors about this a couple years back. They never materialized though. I think it's something the Imagineers noodle from time to time, but the space is difficult. I would personally love it!

BOG clearly shows the demand for themed dining at MK. Im shocked there isn't already a new themed TS of some kinds in the works at MK. It would be easy money for Disney.

There was a somewhat related thread to this a couple of years ago where people speculated on what might be served.

Rumors Of A Haunted Mansion-Themed Restaurant! What Would They Serve?

This blog post details what they DID serve when they held an actual dinner in HM at Disneyworld in 2002 - it was DEFINITELY leaning into the spooky theming but it sounded like a ton of fun!

https://yourmileagemayvary.net/2018/10/28/tbt-2002-when-we-had-dinner-inside-wdws-haunted-mansion/

I always thought wouldn't it be cool to have a HM themed hotel, come on you know people would love love love it !! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter