A Japanese PTR

Hmmm so it's been announced today that WWOHP is opening in USJ in July. Now we have to decide if we want to spend a day as USJ. Decisions, decisions ......

I can't wait for WWOHP to open up! It's going to be amazing. Since it's the Grand Opening, I would be very mindful of the crowd levels. It will likely be insane for the next few months after it opens. If you can handle the crowd levels, then I would say go for it!

Hmmm so it's been announced today that WWOHP is opening in USJ in July. Now we have to decide if we want to spend a day as USJ. Decisions, decisions ......

Forgive our ignorance here...what is WWOHP?

Sorry we are relatively new to Tokyo Disney...not much English information out there...or have not come across much in our searches.

Thanks

Wizarding world of Harry potter. It was originally scheduled for opening at universal japan in the fall but they have announced a mid July opening date. I am so tempted but we are in kyoto the week of obon so that coupled with the fact WWOHP is opening a month before means the crowds will be crazy

Plans are starting to come together a bit more now. I'm thinking of getting a 4 day JR West pass which will get us from Osaka airport to Kyoto and then out an about around Kyoto. We are looking at visiting Nara, Osaka and potentially Kobe (DH wants to have Kobe beef in Kobe). I'm also thinking of a visit to Himeji castle as the reconstruction works are nearing completion and the scaffold should be down by then although I don't think the main keep will be open. Within Kyoto our must sees are the Daimonji festival, Arashiyama bamboo grove and monkey park, Fushimi inari shrine, Kinkakuji and Ginkakuji, The Imperial palace gardens, a picnic by the Kamagawa.

We will have 3.5 days in Tokyo Disney. Since we've been to Disney Sea before we plan to do the first 1/2 day at Disney Sea then a full day at Disney land and then we can decide for the last 2 days.

We have purchased our Ghibli museum tickets but don't intend to travel too far from Tokyo since we know there is a lot to keep us entertained within the city. We want to visit Ueno park and zoo again which we really enjoyed last time. We want to spend more time in Harajuku as we only had a couple of hours on our last morning last time and we want to visit Tsukiji fish market before it's relocated. It's my birthday on our last night in Japan so any good recommendations for a birthday meal that is relatively child friendly would be appreciated.

Even though we are lucky enough to be spending nearly 3 weeks in Japan I wonder how we will fit everything in!

One thing that still worries me is our travel from Kyoto to Tokyo as we are traveling on 17 August and I am very aware of the fact that trains could be very busy. If anyone knows of a way I can book our tickets and reserved seats from outside of Japan I would be extremely grateful. I called JTB UK today but they said they can only book JR passes so I am struggling. I know I will probably pay a bit of a premium for this but it is probably worth it for the peace of mind.

Any suggestions/ critiques are welcome.

I can't wait for WWOHP to open up! It's going to be amazing. Since it's the Grand Opening, I would be very mindful of the crowd levels. It will likely be insane for the next few months after it opens. If you can handle the crowd levels, then I would say go for it!

We've decided to skip it. I know that Disney will be ridiculously crowded but I don't mind. I don't mind if we don't manage a single ride and we just enjoy the being in the parks, however I know that at Universal I would mind and if I was going mainly for WWOHP then I know I will be disappointed - I remember seeing those lines from when it first opened in Orlando and I feel they would be even longer in Japan. With our youngest turning 4 next month I don't think it's fair on him to expect him to wait in lines like that - it's not fair on a grown up never mind a 4 year old! It gives us an excuse to return to Japan another year (not that we need one - we love it!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter