A.K. Touring Plan & Rivers of Light Standby Seating

tjkrk

Earning My Ears
We are going to Animal Kingdom on arrival day so our time is very limited. Here's our touring plan:

Arrive at Animal Kingdom around 3:30 (hopefully before but I am planning for a little later)
4:00-4:30 Festival of Lion King
4:30-5:00 Safari with Fast Pass (4:15-5:15 FP)
5:15-6:30 Flight of Passage Fast Pass of 5:15-6:15 (also using rider switch here)
6:30-7:00 Expedition Everest Fast Pass (Fast Pass time is 6:15-7:15) (also using rider switch here)
7:15 Rivers of Light Show

As you can see our touring plan is jammed packed. I'd love to fit in a quick service dinner at either Restaurantosaurus or Pizzafari (not sure if we will have time). Maybe we could eat at Restaurantosaurus after Rivers of Light?

I am concerned we won't have enough time to get standby seating for Rivers of Light. Are we able to have some of the party sit in standby seating and then get up to do the Expedition Everest for their rider switch while the other half of the party stays in the seats? Would they let us back in to find our group? Any suggestions or ideas? Do they allow last minute guests sit in the FP area if there are still seats available?

I would think they would let you in and out to ride EE. Whoever is entering again would have to wait in line, but the remaining party would save their seat. Just like if you had to use the restroom or grab a snack.

I don’t remember anyone policing where people sat after we entered (we had FP+). We were directed to a specific area that filled up quickly and tightly (so all FP+ people). I’d be surprised if there was room for any non FP+ unless the park wasn’t busy that day.

There’s no actual seats, just bench seating. We sat cheek to cheek with our fellow guests.

If ROL is scheduled for 7:15 and you do not want to miss it, and you want a seat that is not on far edge, I would get to the ROL line by 6:30PM.

As you have probably heard, there are no bad seats for ROL but some on the far edges are not super great.

Bottom line is I think EE at 6:30 clashes with ROL and you need to reassess.

You can also bring food into the ROL viewing area if I recall so you may want to plan to eat then.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter