A Last Hurrah - June 2012 PTR

It has been over a month since I last posted any sort of update on this! Ahh! Life has been pretty crazy. Graduated from college, getting ready to move for the summer, all of that fun stuff. The trip details have pretty much stayed the same, though.

I have officially made the reservation for Cafe Orleans for our first day. I didn't schedule it until 7:30 since we will probably be having a late lunch that day. I still have yet to make ressies for Rainforest Cafe, though, for our final day. I keep remembering at times when I don't have time to make the call, then forget when I actually do have time! Oh well, I'm not worried about it being a problem.

The trip is now basically only two weeks away!!! :cool1: I am getting way too excited! I update DH every day on how much time is left. He is probably getting sick of it, but I don't care! Also, yesterday I picked out what I am wearing each day in the park. Yes, its a little obsessive. But its getting close enough and I would hate to have something dirty or pack something away in boxes that I really want to wear. So that is how I justify it. :)

I have also started compiling a list of a few things that I really want to try and do this time. This is the first trip where I basically have complete freedom. On our honeymoon, we were so tired because of the wedding that we didn't do as much as we would have if it was just a normal vacation. Prior to that trip, I was either traveling with my parents (who need constant breaks and don't like to stay up) or with a school group. So here is the list of things I really want to try this time:

1. Ride the Jungle Cruise at night. Has anyone else done this? Did you notice a difference in the energy level of your skipper? I've heard that they often go off script a little more in the evenings. Plus, the atmosphere seems like it would really change at dark!

2. Eat a Tigger Tail. I have heard mostly good things about them but have never tried them! This time, we have some money specifically saved up to splurge on some special treats, and this will be one of them!

3. Have a mint julep. Similar to #2. :)

4. See Fantasmic! Can you believe that even though this is my sixth time to Disneyland, I have never seen this show? DH and his parents have seen it, so I am determined that I join that club this time!

5. Go to Ghiradelli Opening. Okay, so I read somewhere something about the grand opening of the Ghriadelli Soda Fountain being on June 5th. Can someone confirm this? And has any other information been released? Anyway, if this is the case, I would love to take a little bit of time and check that out if possible.

6. Stay in park until closing. Again, something I have never done! I've always either been with people who needed to go to bed or I've just been too tired.

7. Go to rope drop. Whoever I'm with, I usually try to go pretty early, but I've just never made it quite in time for rope drop. I would love to try and make it during a Magic Morning, but I'm not sure if we are going to do that on Sunday or Tuesday.

8. Ride the Lilly Belle. I have no idea if we will actually do this or not, but I would really like to try! Just have to convince the people I'm with that it is worth it. :)

9. Ride Silly Symphony Swings. I've never ridden this before, and even though it is pretty generic, it looks really fun! What is the best time of day to ride this? Or when are the lines shortest?

10. Have bacon-wrapped asparagus from Bengal Barbecue. These look delicious, and I'm really hoping to convince DMIL to split one with me since she is the only other one in our party who likes asparagus. :)

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just so excited! If you can answer any of the questions I asked or have any tips, please let me know!

Leaving Tomorrow! Today is full of laundry, pedicures (yay!), and running around trying to get everything in order. I usually forget something major, so I am desperately trying to prevent that this time! So ready to just be walking down Main Street already! Soon! :)

How was your trip? We were at PPH the same days that you were! We had a great time, I"m hoping to get around to posting a TR one of these days :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter