A little Christmas magic

MrsPinup

3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups
Back in October, the husband and I were enjoying our anniversary in Las Vegas and I popped the question, "Honey, can I go to Disneyland for Christmas?" Surprisingly he said yes! Last year I was able to take DS8 (then 7) to DL for Easter and now I will be taking DS7 to DL for Christmastime!

I was in withdrawls from the Disney magic and needed a fix before the Diva trip so now I get to plan this super secret trip for my little guy. He is a roller-coaster loving, Phineas and Ferb-watching, die-hard Disney fan like myself.

Now the last time I started one of these trip reports, I totally let it slide - lets all hope I don't do that this time! :rotfl:

disneyland.jpg

Now for a little about me...I have been married for 5 years and have two handsome sons.

December2008013-2.jpg

I am an American Sign Language and English teacher for high school students and spend my free time reading, crafting, and baking. As a kid I went to Disneyland every few years with my mom, dad, or grandparents (the few joys of divorced parents!) and the past three years we have been 7 times and I have two more trips planned besides this one in the near future. Joy!

So I have been busy slyly asking my son about what he wants for Christmas...his answer, "A trip to Disneyland, but Santa can't fit that in his sack."
I keep telling him that Santa has his ways. We have been talking about Disneyland and he keeps telling me what he wants to do and that we should go soon. Bry is going to be so excited!

I decided that we should do the Holiday Tour since we will be going during a busy week and I wanted to ensure that we got on the decorated rides, plus the great parade seating is a huge perk.

Our Elf arrived last Friday and with him came the new Prep and Landing DVD, to "prep" my sons for the holidays. Now when we watch WOC he will know who the new intro characters are. On a side note, our Elf has been pretty funny this year. So far he has been caught getting sugar from the sugar jar, leaving the toilet blue, and repelling down the side of the bookshelf. The kids are getting such a kick out of him!

Itinerary:
Fly in to OC early December 19th
Early Lunch at Hungry Bear - they have gluten free buns - yippee!
Holiday Tour at Noon
5:30 - Christmas parade, then pick up WOC picnic
8 - WOC
and then hopefully catch the fireworks!

December 20th
Storyteller's Breakfast - Yippee again...they have gluten free waffles!
Grab Star Tours FP; hit the rides and grab FP as we go :banana:
Lunch at Bengal BBQ (Still have NEVER had these delicious smelling things! Gonna cross this off my DL bucket list!)
Dinner: Taste Pilot Grill - more GF options!

Hey Jen! Sounds like an exciting trip planned. I didn't know we had boys so close in age. I look forward to reading more about your trip planning. I leave on Tuesday for a one day whirlwind conference trip. One day at DL is better than none though :)

We too have an Elf at our house. He must have tried making cookies last night. He had flour all over the kitchen table, had the cookie cutters spread all over and my recipes were scattered around. He was hanging from the light with flour on his hat too. Messy lil elf! Two nights ago he was building legos. I'm not sure who has more fun with it...me or my son LOL

So how is the other son gonna react when he finds out you're going with out him?? I think surprising your boy (especially since that's what he's asking for) is going to be awesome!!! I'm doing the tour too...figured it was a great way to do the holiday rides & see the parade~~being limited on time, made sense for me to do that.

How funny that you & Janelle are both doing the Elf thing & you're close in proximity & have kids around the same age......I see a meet up in your futures!!!

So I'm confused, can you not ride HM or IASW without doing the tour?

No, you can ride them....but doing the tour gets you a jump to the front of the line......depending on crowd levels, this could be a real bonus (and the closer to Christmas, might be the only time you could get onto them unless you wanted to stand in long, LONG lines) You should be fine on Tuesday.

No, you can ride them....but doing the tour gets you a jump to the front of the line......depending on crowd levels, this could be a real bonus (and the closer to Christmas, might be the only time you could get onto them unless you wanted to stand in long, LONG lines) You should be fine on Tuesday.

Whew, thanks for clarifying Laurie!

Hey Jen! Sounds like an exciting trip planned. I didn't know we had boys so close in age. I look forward to reading more about your trip planning. I leave on Tuesday for a one day whirlwind conference trip. One day at DL is better than none though :)

We too have an Elf at our house. He must have tried making cookies last night. He had flour all over the kitchen table, had the cookie cutters spread all over and my recipes were scattered around. He was hanging from the light with flour on his hat too. Messy lil elf! Two nights ago he was building legos. I'm not sure who has more fun with it...me or my son LOL
You will have a blast in one day. Belive me, if I could do more than two I would! The Elfs are a lot of fun. Last night mine crawled in and perched on the swing in my decorative bird cage. I wonder if Elf can make a lump of coal out of legos....
So how is the other son gonna react when he finds out you're going with out him?? I think surprising your boy (especially since that's what he's asking for) is going to be awesome!!! I'm doing the tour too...figured it was a great way to do the holiday rides & see the parade~~being limited on time, made sense for me to do that.

How funny that you & Janelle are both doing the Elf thing & you're close in proximity & have kids around the same age......I see a meet up in your futures!!!

My older son is not much of a Disney fan. He would rather ride the carousel and autotopia than any of the fast rides. When I took them both in July he sat with a CM while DS7 and I rode Screamin' and sat with Rochelle while we rode TOT. He's a wuss :rotfl: I love him, but he is. Since he had his solo trip he should be fine, especially since he will have my hubby's undivided attention for two days. I see legos and video games in their future....

Janelle~ Are you part of the local Disney Club? A friend of mine is and they have monthly family get togethers. It sounds like a lot of fun, but so far I have been busy each of the meeting days.

Disney club? I have not heard about it, tell me more. Sounds fun.

Yeah, there is a group around the Roseville/Sac area that has monthly get togethers with Disney themes. The eat, talk Disney, and I am not sure what else. I will have to get Melissa to give me the scoop!

I am thinking I need to call and reserve a shuttle to get DS and I from the airport to the hotel....this part is so boring I am procrastinating.

This morning DH and I decieded that next Christmas we will all be going to WDW for Christmas - I cannot wait! I am not a huge fan of the parks since they are so spread out, but we figured we could do a day in each of the four parks, plus one in Universal. There is no way I am flying to Florida again and not seeing the Harry Potter park!

I booked my super shuttle!
Airfare - paid!
Super shuttle - paid!
Hotel - paid!
Holiday Tour- paid!
WOC picnic- paid!
AP's - check!
Storyteller's Cafe breakfast - reserved!

I think I am all paid and reserved up! :wizard:

We arrived home last night! I could not believe how crowded it was and I am assuming it is only going to get worse as it gets closer to Christmas.

This trip included great food, a sick kid, beautiful sights, grumpy tourists, and suspicious activity. What a trip! I will be writing more as the day goes on.

I love holiday times! The boy's first time was Christmas 2007, crowded but lots of fun! We are going next year from Dec 18-27. I can't wait to read about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter