A little DVC at all resorts?

joelly2103

Mouseketeer
I was thinking, DVC is being added at many delux resorts, wouldn't it be great if they also added DVC at some of the moderate resorts too? Imagine the vacation flexibilty.

I was thinking our family really likes POR, the resort is already huge and they could put aside a building or two for DVC without building anything. I would think that would work at CB too. Well they could make them like 8-9 points per night, and that would be awesome!

Then I was thinking over at POP, they have that whole 20,30,40 section that is not even open yet, across the lake. They could make those family suites that could hold up to 6 guests and be DVC, then they could get 6-7 points per night.

I wonder if this would make sense? Would other DVC members stay at these resorts? The only dowside to this is that by expanded DVC like this, then Disney would not really have any slow seasons, meaning long lines ALL year, but they are doing this now, just with the deluxe resorts and new resorts.

What does everyone think?

Well, we were told by our guide that in the future he would expect DVC portions to ALL Deluxe resorts.

As for PORS...We loved it before we bought DVC, but we spent a night there a couple years ago when we had a late arrival and wanted to conserve points. I wasn't nearly so enamoured with it then. The rooms are small, the beds are small, the bathroom is small....You get my drift. I think the moderates and values would be too much of a step down for DVC.

Well, we were told by our guide that in the future he would expect DVC portions to ALL Deluxe resorts.

As for PORS...We loved it before we bought DVC, but we spent a night there a couple years ago when we had a late arrival and wanted to conserve points. I wasn't nearly so enamoured with it then. The rooms are small, the beds are small, the bathroom is small....You get my drift. I think the moderates and values would be too much of a step down for DVC.

DIXIE LANDINGS! Our favorite resort.... until bought into DVC. Now... we don't even want to stay in a studio anymore (except for the VB OVIR). Sure wish they had a OV1BR. I get your drift... for sure.

We think of the studios as slumming too! LOL! I do occationally force myself to stay in one for the first night if we arrive on a Saturday to conserve points. Even when it is just the 2 of us, we stay in a 1 bedroom for the convenience.

I like the idea of this. I guess if a resort is consistently only reaching X% of capacity then it is a possibility. The more I think about the POP rumor, the more I like it. I can imagine the theming now- Art Deco, my favorite style. I would love if POFQ got a DVC wing. LOVE it there too.

I posted this question, before I have even stayed in our DVC for the first time, though we are going this year!

We are booked in a studio, we were thinking of a 1 bedroom, but are afraid that if we try it, we will never want to go back to a studio. There is a big difference in points from the 1b vs the studio, and I am cheap. :banana:

If we stay in a 1b that means we would have to buy more points, which we will probably anyway - because it is addicting! :rotfl:

So, when I posted the question, it was without real first hand experience of
1b vacationing. I will let you know when we stay in the 1b, if my opinion changes.

Until we make our first stay in Dec at VWL, my heart is at POR. :cloud9:

Call me a snob, but I purchased DVC because they were Deluxe quality resorts. I think it would be great to add them to all of the Deluxe resorts, but I have no interest in a DVC property at a moderate, and I would not stay in one.

I think it's a great idea... but I am not a DVC member (yet!) so maybe I'd change my mind if I was.

I've NEVER stayed at a deluxe resort at WDW though.. I've done almost all of the moderates (which I love) and ASMu and ASSp which were decent as well.

I think having DVC moderate resorts would be a great way to offer more vacations at a little cheaper price for those who don't always get to stay at a deluxe resort or those who are just looking to do disney a little cheaper. :rolleyes1

There had been some discussion/rumor (totally rumor, maybe even speculation) that the unfinished portion of Pop Century might be DVC. I think they may end up being value suites though similar to the All-Star suites that sleep more than 4.

Interesting?

There had been some discussion/rumor (totally rumor, maybe even speculation) that the unfinished portion of Pop Century might be DVC. I think they may end up being value suites though similar to the All-Star suites that sleep more than 4.

Interesting?

The difficulty with DVC @ value or moderate is actually selling them. Who is going to pay $104 a point for pop DVC when they can buy contemporary or animal kingdom lodge for the same cost? Yes, those who have bought in at BCV or VWL will want to spend the friday & saturdays at pop for less points, but who would buy in to pop in the first place.

DVC at non deluxe will not happen.

I can't imagine that we would choose to stay in a mod or value DVC. We're not :snooty: (well, may be DH is :rolleyes1 ), but one of the reasons we bought into DVC was to have future deluxe vacations at a mod/value price! :thumbsup2

While I have no problem with staying at Values or mods I do not want to see DVC at them. part of what makes DVC special is that it is at Deluxes. If they are everywhere they take away the specialness in my opinion.

I doubt that happens.

IMHO they will be cash basis family suites and as long as have no DVC component a portion of the POP resort could be reserved for Disney collection reservations in advance and that would give Disney the offsetting space at the DVC resorts to continue the "upgrade" program as they are for later this summer / early fall

I expect DVC at all Deluxe resorts at some time in the future and at all the theme parks. That just eventually makes sense.

But I don't think "Value Villas" is what DVC is all about. IMHO this does not allign well with the sense of ownership and home that DVC is built on.

first of all I would want the points alot cheaper - OKW is already 8, BWV is 9 at the same time.

HH is already 6.

So they would need to make them under 6 points per night for a studio to even get me interested.

what Marriott did (that did not work and I think they have banned it) - with Horizons was to make them cheaper - several thousand cheaper - I think they sold it for $7,000 while the regular marriott was $12,000 (might have been $14,000). then put them on their own system. they could trade into marriott - but it was not the same system. Marriott owners got several months (3?) to trade among themselves before Horizons was added to the mix. They were surpose to build a bunch of Horizons but I think there are only 3 or 4.

the villa itself has less. no whirlpool tub in the bathroom. a few other little changes - don't think they are as big. more stuff for little ones - less stuff of for teens - that type of things.

so these units could be half the price of a current DVC timeshares. that would interest several people. but trading to the other DVC timeshares would be harder.

for this work it needs to work both ways. It should be hard for current DVC members to trade into the cheaper version of DVC if they don't own there.

for this work it needs to work both ways. It should be hard for current DVC members to trade into the cheaper version of DVC if they don't own there.

Like having the window for switching between systems set at four months or something? So Eleven-seven you can book home, seven-four - home or your 'system', four to travel date - anywhere.

Personally, I think Disney has more than enough hotel rooms of any kind and they are having a hard time supporting them all in the parks and restaurants. I hope they don't add any more rooms.

I love the theming of the moderates. Maybe they could have DVC units with the theming of the resort but still make them as deluxe and wonderful as they already are? Just a thought.

I love the theming of the moderates. Maybe they could have DVC units with the theming of the resort but still make them as deluxe and wonderful as they already are? Just a thought.

Can you image the complaints for the moderate resort guest if this happening.

why do they (DVC owners) get room service - we don't.....

no thank you.

if they put a DVC resort at a moderate - make it like the moderate with a price to go with it.

there is enough jealous of us on the resort boards - don't make it worst - by making a DVC moderate resort really be a deluxe one.:eek:

there is enough jealous of us on the resort boards - don't make it worst - by making a DVC moderate resort really be a deluxe one.:eek:

I guess I have to agree with you on this one. I am shocked at some of the remarks I read over there about DVC "taking over" AKL. Even if the DVC were moderate it's still DVC and I don't think they'd be happy about that. :confused3 I still think it'd be nice to have a Caribbean DVC. :rotfl:

The beds are so uncomfortable in a value and moderate... sorry to all of you that love them, but I hurt when I sleep in one of them. I still do a studio, when it is the two of us, but more than that and we need a larger room. I love being able to afford a Deluxe hotel without breaking the bank. I would not be interested in lesser accomdations.

No, this would not interest us at all. I am as point-conscious as the next person, but even for cheap points, I am not interested. We bought DVC to stay at killer good resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter