A little DVC at all resorts?

Call me a snob, but I purchased DVC because they were Deluxe quality resorts. I think it would be great to add them to all of the Deluxe resorts, but I have no interest in a DVC property at a moderate, and I would not stay in one.

Snob... :lmao:

I'm not sure where I'd stand on Value- or Moderate-DVC... When we drive down we're usually in Orlando either Friday or Saturday, and we usually do cash at POP or All-Stars for Fri & Sat nights to conserve points, like others in this thread have mentioned... We also don't usually have a problem staying in the Studio units instead of a one-bedroom. All that being said, on Sunday when we shift to whichever DVC we're staying at for the rest of our vacation, even the Studio units seem like a vast improvement over the room at the Value we just vacated. I don't think we're snobs.

We'd probably use it. But it would have to be at a very good point rate for us to consider - like 4 or 5 points a night.

Second that... the final catalyst for us buying DVC was staying at the All Stars 2 years ago in June and waiting 45 minutes to get on the bus from Epcot... and only having moved 1/3 of the way in line toward the front!!! (Got pissed and caught a cab at that point) So went on the DVC tour for the free fast passes and while i was sold years ago, my Wife finally bought into the idea.

Long story short, unless premium bussing is provided, I would not stay in a value DVC. Call me a DVC snob, but that's why i bought in the first place.

Well, we were told by our guide that in the future he would expect DVC portions to ALL Deluxe resorts.

As for PORS...We loved it before we bought DVC, but we spent a night there a couple years ago when we had a late arrival and wanted to conserve points. I wasn't nearly so enamoured with it then. The rooms are small, the beds are small, the bathroom is small....You get my drift. I think the moderates and values would be too much of a step down for DVC.

Ok Here's my idea...

$50-60 per point....

Studios start at 4 per night

11 month window for their resort

7 month window for other value resorts if other DVCs exist in the future.

5 month window for all DVC resorts.

This way they can get a shot at the ones in the same range as them and trade into all the resorts, ONLY after the regular owners got first dibs.

first of all I would want the points alot cheaper - OKW is already 8, BWV is 9 at the same time.

HH is already 6.

So they would need to make them under 6 points per night for a studio to even get me interested.

what Marriott did (that did not work and I think they have banned it) - with Horizons was to make them cheaper - several thousand cheaper - I think they sold it for $7,000 while the regular marriott was $12,000 (might have been $14,000). then put them on their own system. they could trade into marriott - but it was not the same system. Marriott owners got several months (3?) to trade among themselves before Horizons was added to the mix. They were surpose to build a bunch of Horizons but I think there are only 3 or 4.

the villa itself has less. no whirlpool tub in the bathroom. a few other little changes - don't think they are as big. more stuff for little ones - less stuff of for teens - that type of things.

so these units could be half the price of a current DVC timeshares. that would interest several people. but trading to the other DVC timeshares would be harder.

for this work it needs to work both ways. It should be hard for current DVC members to trade into the cheaper version of DVC if they don't own there.

Ok Here's my idea...

$50-60 per point....

Studios start at 4 per night

11 month window for their resort

7 month window for other value resorts if other DVCs exist in the future.

5 month window for all DVC resorts.

This way they can get a shot at the ones in the same range as them and trade into all the resorts, ONLY after the regular owners got first dibs.

Arrgghh!

No no no no no no no!

DVC is great because it is equal. you cannot have secondclass DVC'ers. If they create value dvc then they must be on an equal footing. they must cost $104 a point and have an 11/7 booking window like the rest. I have no objection to lower points to stay at Value DVC, but would have to any form of lower buy in cost. Why bother owning a 'real DVC resort' when you can buy the cheapo one and have a great chance of trading into a 'real' dvc at five months! Already we have owners at Beach club and VWL complaining that SSR has in some way spolied DVC for them as they are unable to get bookings at the drop of a hat. Imagine the outcry if it was a value dvc'r 'stealing' his reservation at the beach club!

Sorry, but your idea would totally devalue DVC and probably destroy it!

I honestly hope they don't add at the Moderate or Value resorts! All that would do is dillute the DVC system.

I also hope they don't add "small " sections of DVC into all the Deluxe resorts. There are already enough complaints and grumbling becuase of VWL and BCV being too small. I think Disney has learned from that mistake. If they do add to any of the deluxe resorts it will should be larger then either of VWL and BCV.

No it would do nothing to devalue DVC. Its similiar in principle to the way that RCI and Interval work with exchanges... Where you can't really trade a green week for a red week... different classes are created and it works just fine. Other places offer the same thing. Hey I'm ok with the value DVCers not being able to get regular DVC at all... but giving them a shot AFTER the others have had it, would not be an issue at all... That being said its all in good fun, so your response was not really warranted in the tone it came in... since Disney makes a bundle renting out the units, I'm sure they are not going to shoot that cash cow.

So you are actually pretty wrong, but thanks for playing... we have some lovely parting gifts...

:happytv:

Arrgghh!

No no no no no no no!

DVC is great because it is equal. you cannot have secondclass DVC'ers. If they create value dvc then they must be on an equal footing. they must cost $104 a point and have an 11/7 booking window like the rest. I have no objection to lower points to stay at Value DVC, but would have to any form of lower buy in cost. Why bother owning a 'real DVC resort' when you can buy the cheapo one and have a great chance of trading into a 'real' dvc at five months! Already we have owners at Beach club and VWL complaining that SSR has in some way spolied DVC for them as they are unable to get bookings at the drop of a hat. Imagine the outcry if it was a value dvc'r 'stealing' his reservation at the beach club!

Sorry, but your idea would totally devalue DVC and probably destroy it!

Well, we were told by our guide that in the future he would expect DVC portions to ALL Deluxe resorts.

I hope that comes true someday. I love the GF and would really like to see a DVC there.

The difficulty with DVC @ value or moderate is actually selling them. Who is going to pay $104 a point for pop DVC when they can buy contemporary or animal kingdom lodge for the same cost? Yes, those who have bought in at BCV or VWL will want to spend the friday & saturdays at pop for less points, but who would buy in to pop in the first place.

DVC at non deluxe will not happen.

Poggs,

I keep hearing people say that points for the Contemporary will cost more, when in fact it will just require more points. A Pop Century DVC would require fewer points per night. If the points per night were low enough in comparison to the other resorts, people would gladly pay the $104 per point.

Poggs,

I keep hearing people say that points for the Contemporary will cost more, when in fact it will just require more points. A Pop Century DVC would require fewer points per night. If the points per night were low enough in comparison to the other resorts, people would gladly pay the $104 per point.

I accept your views and those of others that dont agree with me!

However just to re-iterate my position;
I dont not believe that value dvc are a viable option. DVD just could not sell them at $104 a point. who would buy them? Yes I agree people would elect to stay there at 4 points a night or 8 at the weekend, then transfer to BCV or wherever through the week. But would anyone actually spend the
$18k or so to actually 'buy' there? Nope. I dont think so. Thus DVD would be stuck with these resorts. The other option is to sell them at $50 a point and then restrict their trading rights. This would cause untold animosity between the various owners. Just reading the other threads shows numerous displays of anger and resentment from some quarters towards anyone who has the temerity to attempt to reside outwith their own resort, and dont get started on opinions towards those 'lower that osama bin laden' commercial renters! Imagine the furore if 'gosh' a POPdvc owner managed to get a waitlist cancellation at BCV during food and wine denying a 'real' DVC'r his rightful place at his resort!

Nah. Value dvc is a bad idea. The whole idea behind DVC is to prepay vacations at deluxe resorts. So just build them at all deluxes and at that other park in california, thus keeping the quality up.

I understand all of the argument for and against, but I am still at a resounding NO.

Would I like the option to use fewer points for the week-ends? Sure. But not at the cost of nin-deluxe accommodations. DVC means outstanding facilities, in my book. I don't want that lessened.

Additionally, look at the trade issues with II. We have the ability to trade into 500 resorts worldwide through II (and let's not get into a discussion of whether or not trading out is a good point deal, etc.). Disney hand-picked the BEST 500 resorts that participate in II and made them available to us. If DVC suddenly had lower-level accommodations, it would hamper the whole trading process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter