• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A little late, but here's a tip for your used candles

fourfoxesinpa

DIS Veteran
I've just listened to the podcast from the last week of January where you guys were discussing candles during Julie's China store review. Here's a little "Martha" tip for you. When the wick is finished and you think you have to throw your jar candle away, put the jar in the freezer. After a couple of hours, it will be so cold that you can take a butter knife or some other tool and just pop out the remaining wax. Throw in into a tart melter and you can have your favorite scent for awhile longer. (don't forget to take out the metal piece that the wick was attached to).

Thanks for the great podcasts!

Thanks......what is a "tart melter"???? Where woud I have one of these??

I imagine it isn't my toaster ....for Pop tarts:lmao:

It's a little piece of pottery that has a small bowl on top where you put the "tart", which is just scented candle wax. Underneath the bowl, you put a tea light that will heat up and melt the wax giving off the scent. I think they produce a stronger scent than regular candles.

Yankee Candle has plenty of these things in their stores (the tarts and the tart holder).

Or it's a tiny electric crockpot. I rarely burn candles anymore. Love my tart warmer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter