A little pixy dust please

momto3gsds

Mouseketeer
I'm about to go have my PET CT Scan done in a couple of hours. I'm just hoping for a few extra good thoughts/prayers/pixy dust from the members here.

As some of you may have read, I have Stage 4 Lung Cancer. I'm also planning on a trip to WDW in Nov. I must get good results from this CT first though. I was suppose to get this done on the 22nd but have had to move it up as I'm way too stressed out with this hanging over me. There is no cure, but if you could put some hopes in there for 'no new growth' I would really appreciate it.

As my login name implies, I am the Mom to three German Shepherd Dogs.

Good luck to you. I'll be praying that there is no spread of the cancer. I have church friends whosd spouses have lived with cancer for many years. I hope you have the same outcome. :)

Count me in, too. I hope there has been no expansion of the lung cancer.

Just an aside--my cousin, Gigi, was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer when she was about 37. They gave her 2 months to live. She fought it like a tiger--her son was only 4 at the time. Like you said, there was no cure expected but she just wanted to get at least a little more time with her boy.

Well, she lived another 5 years, battling cancer to the last breath. Her son was 9 when she passed and while he has some not so good memories of her, he also has a lot of great memories of his mother.

I wish you the best and I hope you get to Disney World in November.:dance3:

Oh my, I'm surprised by all the support here being such a new member as I am. But thank you very much.

I just got the call-NO NEW GROWTH!!! :cool1: In fact, one of the tumors has shrunk 'slightly'. I'm so relieved and happy. Normally, this is not how results are given but nothing about this week has been normal.

I was suppose to have the CT done on the 22nd, but the stress of waiting this time was just too much. Long story shorter, I got the Cancer Center to ok my going in sooner and then getting the results as quickly as possible by phone.

Oh, gosh, I'm so happy right now. Its like I've been given the rest of the year to live!!!!! All I have to do is my chemo every three weeks and I'm good to go for the rest of the year.

Thanks again for your support!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter