A little something extra?

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions on something extra to do during the trip.

I’m thinking the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise, thoughts?

The desert party in Epcot looks nice too but the dates don’t go great with our Epcot days.

I had BBB but my daughter isn’t into it so probably going to cancel.

DD is 3 so that eliminates most tours and back stage items.

We just did the pirates and pals fireworks cruise with my 5 and 8 year old and I really enjoyed it. The week we went magic kingdom ended up being 9 each day and we never wanted to go back and fight the crowds to watch the fireworks so I was glad that I had booked the cruise. I had never seen HEA before but I thought the show was fine even without being able to see the projections. There were actually half dessert and half fruit/vegetables/pretzels. I was surprised by the healthier options since all I had read about was how they had icecream, popcorn, chocolate and cake (we did not have any cake). I asked for an odd number row and received it. I noticed when I checked in that only two other familes had requested that. The odd numbered rows have the best view based on how they park the boat for the show.

Pirates and Pals is so much fun! Though how well you see the fireworks depends on where you are seated on the boat. We had a lousy view, but so much fun!

We go quite frequently and always try to do something extra. we stay off site and eat offsite so we splurge on something. Some suggestions.

Hoo Dee Doo Musical Review (my favorite)
Any Desert Party (meh, im not much of a sweet eater)
A tour. Keys to the Kingdom is a good one
Pirate and Pals as mentioned above
Character meal if you haven't scheduled one already
cirque du soleil

The Family Magic Tour at MK may be a fun option for your group. It's a small group, scavenger hunt for the kids, led by a castmember. There are a couple surprises along the way in the form of rides and characters. They do a great job of engaging the kids.

The Family Magic Tour at MK may be a fun option for your group. It's a small group, scavenger hunt for the kids, led by a castmember. There are a couple surprises along the way in the form of rides and characters. They do a great job of engaging the kids.

This looks so cute!!!

We also like to find something new to do each year. My favorite has been the Plaza Garden dessert party at Magic Kingdom.
We also have done Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot which we enjoyed, the dessert party at Hollywood Studios(awesome), the Hoop Dee Doo dinner show, we did go to the Cirque du Soleil show, it was amazing! This year we are doing Caring for the Giants tour at AK.

The Pirates and Pals cruise is really fun, but can be a late night if that is an issue with your 3-year old.

My DS really enjoys HDDR and visiting Ft. W is a lot of fun. They have pony rides at the stables for smaller children and a playground which she might enjoy in addition to the show.

Glad I read this post! Never really read about the Family Magic Tour! Sounds so fun! Just read some awesome reviews too. In the scheme of things, $40 pp seems like a great deal!

Is this your first trip and is the 3 year old the only child going? I would say if it's your first trip and you have the one little one, don't schedule anything special. The place is sensory overload at the best of times, but for the first time a little one is usually so caught up in the place that they don't really need anything else. We didn't start doing extra things until by son was around 9 or 10 and that was after going every other year since he was just shy of 3.

Is this your first trip and is the 3 year old the only child going? I would say if it's your first trip and you have the one little one, don't schedule anything special. The place is sensory overload at the best of times, but for the first time a little one is usually so caught up in the place that they don't really need anything else. We didn't start doing extra things until by son was around 9 or 10 and that was after going every other year since he was just shy of 3.

Not her first trip, but the 3 year old is the only child. We are just looking for something different/special for this trip. I agree can be sensory overload for sure, but hoping adding a little something different this trip.

Glad I read this post! Never really read about the Family Magic Tour! Sounds so fun! Just read some awesome reviews too. In the scheme of things, $40 pp seems like a great deal!

I agree I added to my list for future trips!

The Pirates and Pals cruise is really fun, but can be a late night if that is an issue with your 3-year old.

My DS really enjoys HDDR and visiting Ft. W is a lot of fun. They have pony rides at the stables for smaller children and a playground which she might enjoy in addition to the show.

Fireworks are at 8 all nights during our trip and we usually aren’t asleep by then anyway. HDDR is on my list but I think in a future trip.

Thank you everyone for great ideas! We went with the pirates and pals cruise, but I’ve added so many things to the list for future trips!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter