A local Disney veteran has confused me about my CBR reservation.....

Pooh99

Earning My Ears
I ran into a lady from my church today who is the most knowledgable person I know when it comes to WDW. I told her about the Fairytale package and that I had made my tenative reservation for CBR. She immediately told me that out of all the On-site Resorts she has stayed at in her MULTITUDE of trips to Disney, that CBR was her least favorite. It was too spread out and she just did not recommend it for me. She recommended the French Quarter. I know that there are no reservations being taken there.

Anyone else have any other problems with CBR? Can you request a certain area? I don't mind a short walk....:confused:

We just just got back from the CBR about a month ago. I had done all kinds of research on the Internet and got really worried about my choice. I was especially concerned when some close friends of mind said we really needed to do PO.

Well, we kept our CBR reservation and I must say we LOVED it! I could see how some people feel that it is too spread out. We really loved our location - North Trinadad building 33. It was away from the crowds but the kids never seemed to mind the quick walk to the main buildings. We really loved the relaxed feel of the resort and the size of the rooms.

You will always find bad things about each resort if you look or listen hard enough. I say it is all in your attitude. I finally decided that I liked the look of the CBR and was excited with my decision. When we got there, we all loved it and had a wonderful time.

Relax and enjoy!

Personally I like CBR much more that PO. I wouldn't worry too much about what your church friend said. Everyone has a different opinion. I think you'll enjoy CBR.... We were in Martinique 25 and it was perfect. :)

There are parts of CBR that are quite spread out. That's why they run an internal shuttle bus. I know it sounds strange but you can take a bus from your building to Old Port Royale (the main food court/gift shop, etc) if you'd rather not walk.

There are many buildings a CBR that a short walk from OPR. But there are some that are quite a hike.

We just returned from CBR. It is a great resort. It is not that bad of a walk from anywhere but Trinidad South. You can visit the thread below on CBR FAQ's and you will see lots of folks with recommendations about what village to request.

I love CBR. It is so pretty there with a nice, tropical feel. You will love the landscaping and sandy beaches. Make sure you take time to walk or bike around the promenade. Have a tropical drink at the Banana Cabana or relax in one of the hammocks. I've stayed in Trinidad North and Martinique and they were both close to OPR. I've stayed at POR before and prefer CBR, so you need to stop worrying and enjoy!!! Please let us know what happens.

We have friends that stayed there 2 weeks ago. They absolutely loved it. She asked where we finally decided to stay and I told her the Polynesian. Her comment to me was...."Ooohhh yuck! You should have done CBR!!" We do like the mods. Have stayed in DxL once and then POR. We wanted to stay at a deluxe since the new FT pkg. came out. Next time we try CBR. I'm sure you're going to love it. Everyone has a different opinion. Otherwise, CBR wouldn't get so full so fast!!

We really love CBR and plan to stay there for our next trip. PO never appealed to us so we don't plan on staying there.
Request Martinique if you want to be close to the main area. Jamaica is perfect for just enough seclusion!:)

Last summer we stayed at CBR - I too was not sure whether I had made the right choice and the more research I did, and the more opinions I got, just made me more unsure.
I posted something like you did here and was reassured by many how much they loved the CBR. The truth is there is something to like and dislike about every WDW property. Sometimes people have a bad experience with a CM or a bug in their room or something that really is not representative of the "big picture". Many resorts have something that appeals to some but not to others so it's hard to know what might be appealing to you. I will say that one of the fun things about WDW is the opportunity to try new resorts and have different experiences each time you go.

True the CBR is large, so if you know what to expect you won't be surprised. And the rooms are great! DH & I were more than pleased with the resort and the room was better than I expected. I think it is nice to be close to the food area as that does make things more convenient.
I would recommend the CBR to people and I would stay there again myself!

We stayed at CBR about 5 years ago, we had Martinique 25 too. It was perfect, a few steps from both the food court & a bus stop. The grounds reminded me of the Polynesian.

We returned from CBR on May 3rd. We were in Trinidad North building 33. We loved every minute we were there. Our room was very nice. Quite bright and very comfortable. It was a great location and a short walk to OPR. When the OPR pool was too crowded, we went to our own pool and practically had it to ourselves. Each night we walked the 1.4 miles around the whole resort (I would go two times around and my husband three times around) As we walked, we decided that no matter where you stay, (except Trinidad South), you aren't very far away from OPR. And if you are looking for quiet times, away from the crowds, Trinidad South would be a good choice. I would recommend CBR to anyone, so go and enjoy every minute of it!

You can request a particular room location by calling Central Reservations (or whomever you made your reservations with) and telling them your room preference. They will note it on your reservation. Some people like to fax their room preference for extra security to the resort a few days before arrival to re-confirm their requests. They really do try to fulfill your requests, so faxing may not be necessary--I've never felt the need to do it, and I've always been satisfied with my room locations. Here is a link to a map of CBR. Check it out to get an idea of where you would like to stay!

CBR map: http://WDWIG.com/cbrmap1.jpg

--Maren :earsgirl:

We are thinking of staying at CBR on our April 2004 trip. We stayed at POR and loved it, but we prefer bright color themes.:jester:

We have never had a bad experience at the CBR and have stayed there more times than I can count - the longest visit was 16 days and selfish as we are - hated to leave! Ask for a building closer to the OPR - definitely ask not to be put in Trinidad South if you don't want a long (10 min) hike. Ask for a room that isn't on the parking lot side. The rooms are beautiful, especially since the renovation. The beds are wonderful and I am the world's pickiest person when it comes to mattresses. The rooms are very quiet, yet cheerful. The quiet pools are great and the mian pool area is a big hit with the kids. We especially like to sit at the Banana Cabana in the evenings. The bus service is also very good. If you want to get to the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney at night, it is only a five minute drive in your car (or you can use bus service). I actually enjoy it more than the Poly.

We really enjoyed the CBR when we were there from April 25 to May 3 of this year. We were in Trinidad North which I thought was a great location. Our room was bright and cheery. You are right that the main pool was crowded with kids! We were at WDW for the first time WITHOUT our kids, so we spent most of our pool time at the quiet pool. We almost had it to ourselves most days! Our room was on the parking lot side though, but it wasn't bad at all. A little bit nicer view on the other side, but that's ok. We liked having our car right outside our door. (we were on the first floor). We had a rental car, so didn't use the bus at all, but it seemed like they were running constantly. I never heard anyone complain about having to wait any length of time for one.

I can't wait to go back!!! :Pinkbounc

Before becoming a DVC member, the only resort we stayed at was CBR...Martinquie 26 was our favorite building as it is right next to the food court...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter