A Lot Changes in 3 Yrs! Help with New Basics

We are driving to Galvaston and are contemplating staying overnight and being shuttled to the port. Are we better off doing a park/shuttle option or parking our car at the port? I read something n the WDW site but wasn't sure if you had to stay at the 2 hotels that they listed. (Does it interfere with the trip insurance) I'm sorry if this was already answered but I didn't see it in any threads.
Thanks a bunch!
You do not have to stay in one of Disney’s hotels. You have 2 options: 1) Park your car at the hotel have them shuttle you to the port terminal (many require you to reserve your space so they can plan), 2) Drive your car to the port, then take the port shuttle to the terminal (I’ve heard mixed reviews on how quick/efficient this process is). I am having the hotel take me since I have a date/time that I can plan for. To my knowledge, where you park shouldn’t affect your trip insurance, unless you were just negligent.
Hope this helps!

We are driving to Galvaston and are contemplating staying overnight and being shuttled to the port. Are we better off doing a park/shuttle option or parking our car at the port? I read something n the WDW site but wasn't sure if you had to stay at the 2 hotels that they listed. (Does it interfere with the trip insurance) I'm sorry if this was already answered but I didn't see it in any threads.
Thanks a bunch!

Most hotels/resorts in Galveston have specific stay/cruise rates. You need to make sure that you book a package that includes parking during the cruise and shuttle to/from hotel/resort and port, and return.

Also, I'll point out that AquaLab on the Wonder is different than AquaLab on the Fantasy, but you still can still just hang out in the area. This is a promotional picture of the space on the Magic. I believe it's similar on the Wonder:
View attachment 230386
The plastic glass that is covered is a good place to watch (just not during lunch time) The other place is the chairs, all others have the opportunity of getting wet

A follow up on the Aqua Lab on the Fantasy- are children in swim diapers allowed in that area or is it just Nemos reef for them. Just want to triple check. :)

Nemos reef is the ONLY place for kids in swim diapers.
I did see kids in diapers in the Aqua Lab, but they aren't supposed to be there.

In the club, if there's an accident, you'll be paged, to come get her. Clean her up and she's good to come back, but you may be asked to check her periodically (like every 60 minutes, or so) to see if she needs to be taken to the toilet.

You won't be able to use the toilet in the club, but you can take her out to one of the public toilets or the one in your room, and then she's welcome to return.

I think I read somewhere that they no longer prohibit diapers / pull ups in the kids club? Is that correct? (sailing in two months, and out three year old is in pull ups).

I think I read somewhere that they no longer prohibit diapers / pull ups in the kids club? Is that correct? (sailing in two months, and out three year old is in pull ups).
It's not specifically prohibited, but if your child is in diapers/pull ups and is in Oceaneer's, you must agree to return frequently to check on the toileting/diapering situation. I think like every hour or so. The CMs in Oceaneer's are not allowed to handle toileting situations directly.

It's not specifically prohibited, but if your child is in diapers/pull ups and is in Oceaneer's, you must agree to return frequently to check on the toileting/diapering situation. I think like every hour or so. The CMs in Oceaneer's are not allowed to handle toileting situations directly.

Cool beans. Thanks for the answer.

Just so you know pull ups/diapers are not allowed as per USPH regulations. You sign on the registration form to say that they are fully potty trained.
Sure, you can send them in a pull up, but if you get caught you'll be asked to change them into underwear.

The only exception is for medical reasons when parents have to agree to come and check every 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter