A lot of complaints

scauzilloc

DisneyMaster
I am probably causing a big stink here but I think we need to stop our complaining and just be happy all the Disney theme parks have not shut down completely. Yes we do have some of the rides closing, shorter hours and the Ap's are losing privleges, but whats worse, a few rides or the whole park. Turning your backs on Disney during this time is hurting them and it is hurting us. Why do you think they are changing things. Because everyone has stopped going. Yes I do believe its to expensive, and I don't enjoy WDW as much as I did but I will remain loyal. Living here in Florida I do have the luxury of going anytime I want. I have AP passes to Disney and to Universal and spend the majority of time at Disney. They offer more and its a much cleaner and a happier place to be. Lets not turn our backs on the Mouse. Without him and the imagination of one man we would not have been blessed with a remarkable pastime. Enjoy what you can of it. Don't give up! And I hope to see YOU at WDW.

I agree, there is far to much whinning and acting like spoiled children. People need to stop and get a grip on reality.

Yes and once the economy recovers fully and Walt Disney World continues with these cuts, as things seem to become standard fare with this company, you too, might be complaining about the through lack of quality that gripes the property today. I for one do not need to support a multi-billion dollar corporation, who still is making a PROFIT, a large one, albeit 20% less than last year at this time on all of us. I don't believe that I should stand behind a company who continues to reduce the quality, attractions, and the "magic" that Disney has stood for. I would suggest for anyone to take the time out during the day to visit the Imagination pavillion during the day to see the completely faded out blue portion of the building, throughly discolored brown paint, faded banners, etc. All of these "cost cuts" started long ago and the latest round of cutting is just icing on the cake. Do you appreciate a company who raises the prices on products like pins just because they can milk more profit out of you even though their cost doesn't rise? Besides the fact that their products cost more than about any theme park in the country? They don't care about us, we used to be guests, we're now customers, and treated pretty poorly nowadays.

Some people rant and rave about the "changes" being unfair and poor and that some people act like little kids, of which I totally agree about. It's the people like my wife and I who no longer will be using our Annual Passes and dining at their restaraunts. Coming and attending will not change their cutbacks and ever growing lack of quality. The more of us who don't come because of the state of affairs with the company will have an even greater impact. We have to be realistic because so much has been cut, so many attractions closed, so many dirty places, that can't get much worse than it is. :pinkbounc

Ok, I'm off the soapbox!! :) :):) :) :p

I think most of us have a very good grip on reality. LESS VALUE FOR MONEY SPENT.

I just don't understand this 'be thankful for what you get' mentality when it comes to a business, even if it is WDW.

This is a capitalistic society and businesses remain successful by satisfying their customers.
WDW used to be among the best at that.

How many other businesses would you continue to patronize if their services continued to be cut, but their prices remained high?

Businesses are not charities.

My husband's business is slow right now. Are they cutting back on customer service? No, they are trying to find ways to attract new customers with new promotions and incentives. They recognize a short-term loss on these type of programs will actually provide long term gains (or at least break-even numbers). Management has also taken some large cuts in salary and benefits to keep from sacrificing product excellence and customer service. They have had to make some cuts in the day to day operations, but they have worked to find ways of doing so without offering less to their customers, including by taking the afore-mentioned salary and benefit cuts. Keeping the company profitable is their responsibility and when things pick up, they will again be rewarded with more pay and benefits for themselves. When I see Eisner and the other top-dogs willing to take some cuts to their salaries and perks, I MIGHT be willing to accept less as a customer. It is their responsibility to keep the business running and satisfy the customer, before lining their pockets with exorbitant salaries and perks.

This may not make any sense but even right now all the money sent to relief aid for the victims of the WTC thats about 1.2 Billion dollars is just being held by the charities earning interest and not being sent out to help those in any large amount according to Mr. O'Reilly at Fox News, this must be the same mentality of Disney to hang onto the cash as tight as possible, sadly they have a CEO that likes to spend what they have on illconcieved future projects instead of bolstering its current product line, to me thats like spending todays prices for a 1960's era of a car or a TV, we know there is better but all we see is outdated products, again its almost like viewing the streets of Cuba full of 50 's era Chevies or a third world country still selling test tube radios, if Disney had 10% of what was designed into Tokyo DisneySea at any park I would be impressed and would spend more, but when I hear of out of date rides, poor maintenance, popular disatisfaction with a new theme park well thats just a big sign saying to me anyway that the product may be cheap or of dubious quality.

what rides closed? been on most of them before, so no big deal, as long as I still get the DISNEY FEELING I don't need to ride Dumbo again.

I have a kid that has not gotten to ride Dumbo yet. I hope all of this is temporary and will go away by Christmas for the busy season.... if there is a busy season.

what rides closed? been on most of them before, so no big deal, as long as I still get the DISNEY FEELING I don't need to ride Dumbo

I love that Disney feeling too, SandraC. It's the greatest! I can usually feel the 'magic' when I walk onto MainStreet and see the castle in the distance, or when I see Spaceship Earth as I enter Epcot. Even the tree at AKL will do it for me. I almost forgot the thrill that I get when I see that MK entry arch. :)

However, I have three teens, and they want to ride rides. That is what they enjoy about WDW. I expect for them to be able to experience WDW the way that they enjoy it - through the rides and attractions, and to get the full value for their adult priced tickets.

BTW - I do like the rides, too, but I also appreciate taking the time to stop and notice the small things that make Disney so 'Disney'!

Turning your backs on Disney during this time is hurting them and it is hurting us.
It's Disney who is turning their backs on loyal customers that is hurting Disney. Do they really expect to be able to continue making cuts and at the same time charge the same price for admission? If your local newspaper told you that they were hurting financially and in order to continue publishing the paper for you they would have to start skipping delivering on Tuesday and every other Sunday would you be likely to renew your subscription (at the same rate of course) or continue as a subscriber? How about if your cable company cut the amount of channels you received by 30% and offered no service from 8:00am to 10:00am? Would you still be willing to pay the same amount just to help them and their stockholders?

I have AP passes to Disney and to Universal and spend the majority of time at Disney. They offer more and its a much cleaner and a happier place to be.
I live in the Orlando area also and while I still visit WDW a couple times a year, we only maintain annual passes to Universal which in my mind is every bit as clean and in most cases (at least for us) is a happier place. My kids have a better time at Camp Jurassic or Curious George Goes to Town than they do anywhere at Disney.

Lets not turn our backs on the Mouse. Without him and the imagination of one man we would not have been blessed with a remarkable pastime
Like I said...it's the mouse (rat?) who shouldn't be turning his back on us. WE are the reason he has been around for so long.

I hope to see YOU at WDW.
Ok...we'll be there Friday night for Mickey's Halloween Party. :)

It's Disney who is turning their backs on loyal customers that is hurting Disney.

That is so true. How come when they are having $ problems, the guests are always the ones to suffer. Why don't they take a bite out of Ei$ner's huge paycheck and keep CoP open, or open Epcot at 9am again? I'm sure there are other things that Disney can do to keep costs down. Taking away from guests isn't one of them. Hopefully all of these cuts will backfire on Disney and they will return things to normal again. :rolleyes:

Yea!!! like stop building parks in china, paris,hong kong!!!!Keep Amrican parks in America!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Considering that Disneyland Tokyo is the number 1 theme park in the world in terms of attendence, that's a pretty short sighted Idea.
Disney also doesn't own all of those parks, nor does it pay all or even most of the up front costs.

Just like pretty much everyone who has posted here, I love WDW. I guess I don't understand the unbelievable vehemence of some of the posts. I know we've all spent a lot on WDW vacations, myself included. I think I've gotten my money's worth. I will go again if I think I will get my money's worth. I want WDW to stay alive. If they are honestly trying to cut things temporarily to accomplish that, more power to them. I'm firmly in car 2, maybe interested in looking at 1. They are not out to destroy things, but help them get better. Naive? Maybe. But I've always tried to put a positive spin on things.
Are we too serious and emotional about this whole subject?

And I'll say it again, when a business is doing poorly they INCREASE hours, REDUCE prices, and INCREASE the customers perceived value. A large corporations cuts costs because the name of the game is to accumulate wealth for the CEO by showing Wall st. you've reduced expenses when revenues are down. No consideration to running the business, only the advancement of the corporation. Disney will unload WDW in a heartbeat if the circumstances are right. Right Mr. Ei$ner?:pinkbounc

And I'll say it again, when a business is doing poorly they INCREASE hours, REDUCE prices, and INCREASE the customers perceived value
That's correct, however Disney does not see it that way. If Eisner was in charge of McDonald's they'd be serving horsemeat by now, drinks would be service in shot-glass sized cups and a large frys would be called a large fry. Of course prices would remain the same and then Eisner would wonder why people stopped eating there when he was only trying to reduce his costs. Maybe he could count on the few who are so blinded by his 'pixie dust' that they wouldn't mind washing down a mouthful of horsemeat with a shot of coke.

Originally posted by TXDeb
I just don't understand this 'be thankful for what you get' mentality when it comes to a business, even if it is WDW.

This is a capitalistic society and businesses remain successful by satisfying their customers.
WDW used to be among the best at that.

How many other businesses would you continue to patronize if their services continued to be cut, but their prices remained high?

Businesses are not charities.

AMEN, SISTER!!!!!

Last time I checked this is still a free country and I can whine and complain if I want to. We canceled our disney trip for Nov. If I am going to spend 3000 plus for a disney trip I want to get my money's worth. And I do have the right to cancel if I do not feel I am going to get my money's worth.

philg

Good for you! I hope you still visit WDW and save a lot by staying offsite, the deals are outrageous right now near Orlando, I know the $3906 vacation refund from Disney for my cancellation next month is going to buy a lot of steak in my own rental home, one fourth of what I was willing to pay while being "Pixie Dust High" inside the property. Lets all that have booked vacations to stay onsite go out and protest by cancelling, beside you will then be able to spend more and see the other theme parks while coming off the pixie-high. Or you could join PDA (Pixie Dust Anonomous)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter