• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A new record for me....

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
So, I just called about the same trouble everyone else is having with 'outstanding balances' after PIF and the inability to make changes to port adventures, etc. I was told that the wait time was.... 595 MINUTES!!!! Yikes, I'm bad with math, but I think that puts me into somewhere 2 days from now!!! What the h? How is anyone supposed to get problems resolved or at least accurate information???? Oh, well.... Hopefully it gets corrected in the next 2 1/2 weeks! :laughing::hourglass:laughing:

Not laugh at you but at your math! Hope it gets corrected… I am not having that problem but I’m having problems canceling port aventures with two weeks out so I feel like when they had the website down whatever they did made it worse!

At least you were told at the beginning. I was told 20 mins at fist. 2 hrs later I was still on hold and then got a voice saying it would another 2 hrs. I had to hang up.

What's weird is, I have a June cruise that is PIF, with a tasting booked. I can go in and add more since it still shows PIF with no outstanding balance for the tasting. Maybe the issue is only with certain cruises. But as usual, "TYPICAL DISNEY"..

LOL. Enjoy your 990 minute wait then.
The last time I used a travel agent to book a Disney cruise, I was waiting 24-48 hours between email replies, and getting wrong information (e.g., there are no rooms that sleep 5 on the Disney Magic outside of Concierge). I'd prefer to wait on hold all day than be at the mercy of someone else who may or may not handle it appropriately.

I do think it is disappointing that Disney hasn't communicated by email to those affected. Clearly, that is the solution to the hold times.

Was told 2 hours when I called in but now going on 4.5 hours.

The last time I used a travel agent to book a Disney cruise, I was waiting 24-48 hours between email replies, and getting wrong information (e.g., there are no rooms that sleep 5 on the Disney Magic outside of Concierge). I'd prefer to wait on hold all day than be at the mercy of someone else who may or may not handle it appropriately.

I do think it is disappointing that Disney hasn't communicated by email to those affected. Clearly, that is the solution to the hold times.

Sounds like you're waiting just as long if not longer. We had a very good Travel Agent for all our cruises, before she retired. She knew all the lines inside and out. All I had to do was write the check and take the cruise. Full disclosure, our last cruise was on Celebrity, in October 2019 and that is the only cruise we booked directly through a cruise line. But I booked at 9 pm on a Saturday night, and their representative performed very much like our Travel Agent used to. No wait on the phone, booked cruise, transfers, air fare and travel insurance in about 25 minutes.

We’ve had great luck working with Merrie Thomas at Dreams Unlimited.

I called this morning using two different numbers and kept getting the "busy" signal after putting in my reservation number. When I finally got through, it was a ten hour wait. No thanks. Maybe they pulled people off the phones for training or something?

(e.g., there are no rooms that sleep 5 on the Disney Magic outside of Concierge).
There are many cabins, other than Concierge, that sleep 5 guests on the Magic, I think just about every cabin on deck 8 sleeps 5. Look at the Deck plan. Did you mean none were available for the cruise you wanted?

Exactly! I spent a snow day listening to Disney hold music and then when the cast member picked up I was able to get exactly what I wanted. And I was able to answer her questions directly- no back and forth with a go-between.

I'm sure everyone has an opinion and we don’t all have to agree. Some can’t accept that easily.

The lack of communication is mind boggling.. When I finish our cruise next month I will add this to my comments the below complaints.

It cannot be that if they have such wait times ( NOT Acceptable) and seem to have account glitches or error, they do not put a communciation pop-up on their website addressing the issue. For the love of God replace that darn annoying extra long Covid banner with a " oops things are messed up and we apologize, no need for action on your end, we will fix it, type message".
the lack of silence from DCL is deafening.

And while I am venting.. for the love of God, Vancouver sailings start NEXT months. no communication NADA on what to expect testing etc.... All we have to go on is with what Canada requires and what EVERY OTHER cruise line has sofar communicated to their pax, except DCL.

ok much better now

The lack of communication is mind boggling.. When I finish our cruise next month I will add this to my comments the below complaints.

It cannot be that if they have such wait times ( NOT Acceptable) and seem to have account glitches or error, they do not put a communciation pop-up on their website addressing the issue. For the love of God replace that darn annoying extra long Covid banner with a " oops things are messed up and we apologize, no need for action on your end, we will fix it, type message".
the lack of silence from DCL is deafening.

And while I am venting.. for the love of God, Vancouver sailings start NEXT months. no communication NADA on what to expect testing etc.... All we have to go on is with what Canada requires and what EVERY OTHER cruise line has sofar communicated to their pax, except DCL.

ok much better now
Welcome to the "Wonderful World of Disney".... :rotfl2:

There are many cabins, other than Concierge, that sleep 5 guests on the Magic, I think just about every cabin on deck 8 sleeps 5. Look at the Deck plan. Did you mean none were available for the cruise you wanted?
That poster was sharing an example of bad information a TA gave.

LOL. Enjoy your 990 minute wait then.

Many TAs are having the same wait problem

I called this morning and started dialing at about 8:59....someone picked up immediately and I was able to state my issues. Unfortunately, my problem was not resolved then but it was resolved tonight....so I think the system is back up and working somewhat. My erroneous charge disappeared and I was able to finish my check in.

MJ

Many TAs are having the same wait problem

I called this morning and started dialing at about 8:59....someone picked up immediately and I was able to state my issues. Unfortunately, my problem was not resolved then but it was resolved tonight....so I think the system is back up and working somewhat. My erroneous charge disappeared and I was able to finish my check in.

MJ
Mine also came back tonight and I finished my check in. I don't know if it was a global fix, or if it was because I had successfully gotten through on the phone earlier today and they opened up a ticket for me. Either way, happy there seems to be a solution even though it is slow going.

Now it seems three of the people in my family had their transfers disappear, but I still paid for them. ugh. Will give that a week or so before trying to call back...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter