A new theme park on the horizon?

It was discussed in the Podcast this week. I hope it's true...and that it does turn out to be a "Villian" themed park as that could have such potential!

When I was there in Nov some cm's where going through the line asking people what they thought of the idea. They were just talking for themselves, not Disney. And how little kids might/might not like it.

I for one would love to see a new theme park at Walt Disney World; however, I recall Bob Iger saying in a press conference when he first became Disney CEO a few years ago "No new U.S. theme parks in the forseeable future".

I keep coming back to that statement when I hear rumor of a new theme park.

However, you never know what the future holds.

A villians park would be cool. In fact I have a suggestion for an attraction, Yzma's Not So Secret Lair Coaster. If you watch any Kuzco / Kronk movies or the Emperor's New School show the attraction is a no brainer........PULL THE LEVER KRONK.............. W R O N G ... L E V E R R R R ....

Any other suggestions?

I would love to see a new theme park. I have two concerns, though.

1. If they go with the villians, how scary is it going to be? I sure hope they stick with the idea that Disney is for the family, the whole family, and it should be something that the whole family will enjoy.

2. While I think they do need to do something to go up against Harry Potter, I think they need to concentrate on what they have. I think they need to work on the upkeep and making great attractions. They also struggle sometimes to have CMs that truly love the Disney Magic. If they add another park, that is more employees that are needed. Will they ever be able to keep enough "good" employees?

Wow! A fifth park would be awesome! In my opinion, a villian themed park is a hard sell. It can't be too scary or families with youngsters wouldn't go. My kids are very afraid of the "bad guys" in movies, but then they are only 5 and 2 years old. I know they wouldn't want to step foot in a park that is all about the villians. If Disney could balance the park - good and evil - then perhaps it would appeal to more people.

I would love to see a pixar park (but I guess that is more of what Disney Hollywood Studios is about). Look at the movie CARS and the revenue that has produced. A Toy Story 3 is in the works (and maybe a CARS 2?) I think more pixar attractions will bring in more guests.

"A villians park would be cool. In fact I have a suggestion for an attraction, Yzma's Not So Secret Lair Coaster. If you watch any Kuzco / Kronk movies or the Emperor's New School show the attraction is a no brainer........PULL THE LEVER KRONK.............. W R O N G ... L E V E R R R R ...."

That is a brilliant idea!! I thought the same thing when I first watched Emperor's New Groove.

It would also be nice to see all the villians together outside the Villian Store in (MGM) Hollywood Studios, but a whole themed park does seem a bit of a stretch. As it is the Hollywood Studios park is good for about half a day. Most of it is shows and shopping and the shows aren't "amazing" enough for me to revisit every year. Aside from ToT, RR, Star Tours, dining, and various character sightings I do not see much else to do. IMHO, they need to add more to the existing rather than building a new park just yet.

A new themepark would be great, but I'm not big on the villians. That being said, I do think it would go over pretty well, especially with families with older children or adult travelers.

I would think a park with real thrill rides would do very well. It would keep many from going to Universal and would reach an teenager, young adult or thrill seeker group. Sorry... the thrill rides at Disney do not compare with what Universal offers.

JMHO

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter