• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A newbie question

PrincessPatty

Love ya Black and Gold!! Go Steelers!!<br><font c
Hi!! Ive never posted in here before but I have a major dilemma and I am not very camera savvy.

I got a new camera for my birthday, its a Sony DSC-W5, its a little hi-tech for me, just give me a button and Ill figure out when to push it. Somwhere along the line during our past Disney trip, I somehow switched the setting to Mulit-burst, this caused my camera to take "bursts" of pictures, when I thought I was taking one, I was taking 16 at a time. When I d'loaded them to my computer, I see 16 little pictures in a sequence rather than just one.

I dont have a photo printer at home so the Ritz camera store guy told me to put my memory card into the printer at the store, but I didnt format my memory card (I had no idea that I had to do this) So he tells me to put all the pictures on a cd and bring that to the store to use, where I could crop the photos. I have 300 pictures on the cd, and the machine couldnt read my cd. I got to page one and then it stops. Although during page one, a multi burst picture shows up and I try to crop it but the box doesnt size down far enough.

I know this is long, I tried to include all the info. If someone could possible help I would forever be in your debt. This was a wonderful magical gathering and I dont want to lose what I feel are precious pictures, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so very much in advance!

Ok, I assume since you burnt the pictures to a cd that you were able to load them to your computer. Once they are on your computer, you should copy them to a cd anyway in case any thing happens to your computer. Did you mean to print 300 pictures? If not, it would be easier for you to only copy only the pictures you want to print to a cd. If you can copy them to cd they should print fine. If not you may need someone who can sit down with you and get these straightened out. I wouldn't format your card until you are sure you have got your pictures safely on a cd or prints. But once you do get your pictures format your memory card. See your manual for this. Formating it in the camera will help to keep your picture files from ever getting corrupted on your card.

Don't forget to change the camera of the burst mode.

Write back and let us know how you make out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter