"A POEM" by HENRY GIBSON (Laugh In) RIP

Poppinsme

I LOVE SMILEYS
I really liked Henry Gibson of "Laugh In" fame. His poems were so good on that show. And when he did the priest on the cocktail party segment.
:rotfl:
His real name was James Bateman. RIP Henry you made me laugh.:laughing:

Actually, I loved Henry Gibson too. God bless him.

Remember he used to ride that little tricycle and then fall over? And, "very interesting, but stupid" catch phrase.

When I was 15 I worked at a summer musical theater concession stand. The cast of Laugh In did a week's worth of shows.

Henry Gibson was the only one who left his trailer and walked (a bit of a distance) to us every evening and bought his soda.
He was so polite and kind.

RIP Henry.:hug:

I didn't hear of his death- RIP, Henry.

Laugh In was the first TV show I remember seeing. I was very young, maybe 3, and my daddy and I would eat popcorn and lay on the floor to watch it. I loved the "Very interesting" bit, and remember laughing at Ruth Buzzi and Henry Gibson's old couple- she would always hit him on the head with her purse.

Hey guys. I think you may be confusing Henry Gibson with Arte Johnson.

Gibson's breakthrough came in 1968 when he was cast as a member of the original ensemble of NBC's top-rated "Laugh-In," on which he performed for three seasons. Each week, a giant flower in his hand, he recited a signature poem, introducing them with the catchphrase that became his signature: "A Poem, by Henry Gibson."

I did the exact same thing this morning and my husband had to set me straight!:thumbsup2

Ya, he was great in The Blues Brothers.

also in The Burbs with tom hanks.

Mikeeee

The Burbs scared me to death when I was little! Of course, now it's hillarious. I also loved him on Boston Legal. RIP.

Actually, I loved Henry Gibson too. God bless him.

Remember he used to ride that little tricycle and then fall over? And, "very interesting, but stupid" catch phrase.

This was Arte Johnson. I loved both of them. I actually got to meet Arte Johnson once. He was just as small in person as he looked on tv. Very, very nice man.

Henry Gibson's poem's were my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter