A Primeval Whirl pic for my friends.

Eeyore2U

I'm the one you talk about. I rain on parades and
This was taken a couple weeks ago. Happy slamming!!! :D

PW.jpg

Thanks for the picture eeyore2u. The only thing I'll say is that it looks better than many of the other previous photos, which had more exposed track.

By the way, the other pics in your link are great too! Thanks.

Can anyone please tell me where the Dino Rama section is located in relation to the rest of Dinoland USA? I went on the official Disney World website and looked at a map of Animal Kingdom and it wasn't shown. From the picture, it looks like it's right out in the open with very little foliage or anything else surrounding it.

The website also said that Primeval Whirl was built for the 100 Years of Magic celebration. If this thing is meant to honor Walt Disney, the only thing I can say is GOD HELP US!

Just one other note. After looking at the picture again, I have to say that Primeval Whirl looks better than that stupid Mulholland Madness coaster they put in DCA.

I know I'm in the minority when I say-- I THINK IT LOOKS GREAT! Crazy, Frenetic, Playful, and FUN! Can't wait to give it a whirl....a primeval whirl, that is! ;)

Originally posted by Moriarty
I have to say that Primeval Whirl looks better than that stupid Mulholland Madness coaster they put in DCA.

That's not saying much for Dinorama, is it? At least Mulholland Madness has that wall to help hide the structure.

Animal Kingdom desperately needs more attractions (indoor, whole family rides), but I can't help but think if they took the combined money spent (wasted) on Dinorama and that hat over at the Studios, it could have instead given us one decent "C" or "D" attraction in AK (perhaps a dark ride).

Also, there are some "off-the-shelf" rides that would fit the AK concept so much better than a spinner and an exposed coaster track, but that probably wouldn't cost significantly more. For instance, some form of new Skyway would be great, with fantastic views across Discovery Island or the savannah. Indeed, this would have worked much better than the rooftops view of the old MK Skyway (which I still miss). Some type of boat ride (tried previously) is a natural for AK; just need to get the correct theme (so far as I'm concerened, just move the retired Mike Fink Keel Boats over to AK). Either (and Disney Imangineering must have more, better ideas!) would address the "more to do" issue, but through complementing the AK theme rather than clashing with most of the park (it fits with Chester & Hester's, but the "roadside carnival" theme is out of place in AK).

YIKES!!!
Can't help but wonder if the CM/carny workers will be greese-covered and toothless :confused:
Sorry......that was bad!! :rolleyes:
But couldn't help myself.
But it does look fun for the kids. If it is supposed to look like a carnival.....well then they did a great job.;)

Another Primeval Whirl tidbit...

Screamscape is reporting that the ride will have a 48" height requirement. Kennywood has a similar ride called the Exterminator and it has a 46" height requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter