A Princess in Spring - Aibee's first trip.

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Hi all.

Disney blues have well and truly set in! Not rebooked yet so while we wait for Eurostar dates to be released what better way to keep the magic alive than to start our TR?

About the trip:

March 23-25th 2015

Travelling by Eurostar from Ebbsfleet

Staying at the Disneyland Hotel. :)

We left home at 8am having packed pretty much everything the day before. :) I think Jack and I were both surprised we were on the road on time!

Our train wasn't until 10:36 and Ebbsfleet is only a 30 minute drive but being a Monday morning and the M25 we wanted to leave plenty of time.

As luck would have it the roads were great so we were nice and quick and so drove past Ebbsfleet and popped into the big Sainsburys at Gravesend. Very much recommend it Cafe looked great. We picked up some snacks and sandwiches for the journey and fruit for Aibee to take with us.

Then headed back to the car and the station was only a 4 minute drive away.

I'd pre-booked parking in car parks A,B or C. And had originally planned to park in A but it looked rather busy as we passed so we chanced B. Got a great space and were soon unpacked and headed for the terminal.

I asked the lovely Welsh man at reception about upgrade prices but it was £77 extra each so we left it.

We headed through security and then had a while to wait in the tiny deletes lounge. Aibee had a whale of a time playing with the other children in the little play area and was quite put out when it was time to head down to the train!

Soon the train came and we got settled into our seats. We only got 2 with Aibee on our laps.

She was an angel the whole journey but we agreed next time we'll get her a seat!

830ABCAD-44C9-4AD2-AD9A-E9F9DB43D332_zps1bqtatd3.jpg

She did enjoy sitting on the tables folded down tough. Called it the goblin table!

BBB5208A-1689-4D78-B411-6B48449F845A_zpsikrjsmpl.jpg

If you've read my PTR you'll know I packed plenty of things to entertain Aibee. And before she'd even been through half we were arriving at MLV. :)

There was a big queue to go up in the lift (as there was at Ebbsfleet. Bit of a pain) so we risked the buggy on the escalators and were soon entering into the Disney air!

Aibee instantly saw the big Characters in Flight balloon flying over the village and was so excited by it. So we stood as looked for a while as the weather was lovely.

Then we headed to bag check and she spotted Mickey on the archway which also was very exciting for her.

Very soon we were through security and getting our first glimpse of our home for the next 3 days.

A239264D-051F-4089-B2EE-B5587E46CD90_zpsvdvkaheq.jpg

We were all so excited to head in. :)

43065881cba051dbf20f7f22c251a355bf12a21a91e121bc595c4b360608beef06c43f29.jpg

Check in was lovely and fast. Although our room wasn't quite ready (it was but they needed to put the gifts in I'd pre-ordered.) so we had 15 minutes to kill. To apologise for the wait (which really didn't need an apology) the wonderful CM who checked us in gave Aibee a voucher for a free balloon.

While we waited our 15 minutes Aibee and I had a walk up to the shop to get a drink (I had forgotten to expect Disney prices and it stung a bit paying €3,49 for a coke!)

Once we were back Jack and Aibee explored the lobby a bit while I sat and had a drink on one of the super comfy sofas.

05F839C0-3323-4F7E-9779-821A6ACF288D_zpsasna4mxc.jpg

Aibee loved the tinker bell garden in the lobby.

34149996ae36b5c1637c679c92cc6a39aec67d5c810776fa37eb6ab689d51907611a8d86.jpg

6ADC056F-4271-4A52-9C06-926C947CD2F2_zpsz2ag0wto.jpg

Then it was check in time and off to find our room. :)

Will update this evening. Xxxx

Last edited:
Lovely start - love hanging around in the DLH lobby :goodvibes

Sorry I'm having to fit my updates in around nap times so they'll maybe be funny lengths. Anyway to carry off where I left off from....

I had emailed before the trip asking for a nice room if possible and it certainly paid off.

We were allocated room 1001 which was ground floor with a huge terrace (free upgrade) and right off reception down the corridor by the lifts which was incredibly handy.

It had a huge king bed and a sofa and they brought us a cot for Aibee.

We didn't have the best view ever but it was nice. Of the front entrance and we could see the topiaries. But we could hear lots of Main Street so that was nice.

FD27A1DD-FDF4-462E-A97B-AAB211E097A5_zpsb4i5jujg.jpg

It was just gone 3pm and Aibee normally naps at midday at home so she was really tired. As our main plans for the day were parade and inventions we thought it best to see if she would nap.

She took some convincing as she was rather excited but she soon settled down for a cuddle and a feed and was out like a light bless her. Nice that her first Disney experience was a sleep!

873D5718-3065-4D6A-AE7F-835CE065AB57_zpslicilhbo.jpg

(We'd all gotten really hot on the Eurostar so stripped her off to cool down when we got in the room.

In the photo you can see her Mickey Burt and Minnie Mary Poppins which were waiting for her on the bed when we arrived. We also attacked the Macarons while she slept. (Which I only remebered to photograph once half were gone. Sorry!)

77BB3B8A-487B-41BF-8816-36659CDE4762_zps1jbhqj0r.jpg

They were incredible. And €25 for 20 Macarons which is pretty good value I think! May well do the same next trip. :)

Thanks all. Apologies again for the strange length/frequency of updates!

But I'll try now to do a decent sized update. :)

While Aibee was sleeping Jack and I had a planning discussion (silently via Messenger) as I'd checked the weather for the following day and it looked like this:

E4419B90-D3AF-46E2-B0D8-A7B4D10AABD1_zpsxdkvvk6h.png

Our original plan was to go to Inventions at 6 that evening providing Aibee napped as she'd be wide awake and in a good mood.

But that would mean missing the parade and being in a rush for Dreams.

With the current weather so sunny and lovely. And tomorrow's looking so terrible. We decided to cancel Inventions and rebook for the next night as there was a good chance we wouldn't catch the parade or fireworks.

So after half an hour or so I was feeling a bit queasy from Macarons and I was also getting itchy Disney feet.

So I left Jack with the treats (he has a very high tolerance for sugar!) and went off to cancel dinner and enjoy the DLH a bit.

First place I headed was to Inventions where the lady was very helpful in rebooking for the next night and also said she wouldn't cancel that evenings just in case we changed our minds (must have been quiet)

I admired the lovely spring decorations in that part of the hotel.

B17FF826-8392-4D23-951F-5F5F1D0E68DA_zpshkkcd1dn.jpg

What a beautiful hotel. I was already so grateful to be staying there.

0BCF4B94-0856-4F64-81F1-D7C6C66051CE_zpsgr2q5bai.jpg

Then I did what any self respecting DISer would do! I hit the shop.

I was rather restrained and bought some Minnie Ears (I've had a few pairs but never the classic black and red ones so that needed rectified) our photopass (had a €20 off voucher) and another €3.40 drink!!

Then headed back to the lobby to take some photos and posted one of my ears to Instagram.

21CDB563-23AD-4F1F-831F-A8FABA113FE0_zpstbjlnvos.jpg

B0958CB4-CE4B-455B-B473-80C15B13894E_zpsq38l5xin.jpg

Updating from my phone is a nightmare once a post gets long so will continue in next post. X

By this point it was almost 5 and the parade was 5:30 so we really needed to get out and about so I headed back.

I got in and started talking normal volume to Jack and we got the bag and buggy ready.

None of this woke Rip Van Winkle so I was a little worried she might be grumpy if I woke her but it was a risk I needed to take!

Luckily talking of waking up and going out to Disneyland to see Mickey in the parade meant she was instantly awake and shouting about everyone else she would see on the parade (we'd watched it a few times on YouTube!)

So very quickly she was in her Rapunzel dress and ready to hit the Parc!

Photos are a bit scarce I'm afraid as it was nearly 5:15 and we were cutting it fine!

So Aibees first glimpse of the castle was as we rushed down Main Street, flanked by the huge parade crowds either side. Not ideal but sort of cool as Main St itself was pretty clear so almost made it feel like we were the parade. Haha.

We were very lucky and got a spot right at the rope by Bella Notte with less than 10 minutes to spare. :)

We had a British family next to us (the Mum was lovely enough to move her buggy so ours could fit right in properly. Thank you of you ever see this) with a girl a bit older than Aibee who liked Aibee's Rapunzel dress and the most adorable little baby in a teddy bear snow suit who smiled at me the whole parade. So we chatted about who the girls would see in the parade while we waited the last few minutes.

Soon the parade started and Aibee loved it.

She got so much attention being dressed up. All 3 of the fairies came running over to talk to her. Flynn Rider blew her a kiss. She was waving and shouting at everyone as they appeared.

It was just the perfect first taste of Disney for her. What a lovely way to start a trip.

839310951a490860b1a47a035d5869d2b581a7e5d05074a4d87b98cc55862b9413ed1ec0.jpg

62E8C85B-66A4-4A7F-A02C-7A264F8C0483_zpstwi9xcqc.jpg

I was SO excited to see Duffy on the last float as I thought he'd been taken off. Aibee is a big fan so we all shouted and waved to show our appreciation.

89075405-5BB2-4CB4-896E-83FF7B32EDE6_zpswvkdzobf.jpg

After the parade it was time for Aibees first ride and there was only one option! Small world!!

Of course lots of people had the same thought but it was only about a 15 minute wait and Aibee was in love with the "Tick tocking" and the train went past so there was lots to look at.

I asked for front row as I wanted her to have a great view first time. But the lady said she was too little for the front. But she was lovely about it and put us in the second and left the front empty so Aibee could still see everything. :)

6CE03853-3ABF-48CB-AC42-47EBE30AFFFD_zpslhscnmhn.jpg

I took a selfie of her small wold face. She was completely entranced!

87C2E028-D82C-442B-B7D9-C825CCF151F0_zps33yi1k5c.jpg

After SW Jack stayed with her and let her have a bit of a run around while I got the buggy. I also took this from afar. She's so adorable in her dress.

55C9FC23-18E6-4C95-9469-C9D93A079654_zpspmkddpcx.jpg

I think she'd just spotted the tea cups for the first time. She was instantly obsessed!

As we had ferried Aibee about all day from car to train to buggy to bed to buggy again we let her wander and took a slow walk to Storybook Boats and Casey Jr.

Boats was a walk on so we jumped aboard. This is one of Jacks and my favourites. Aibee enjoyed it too and loved the Aladdin cave. But the ride was interspersed with lots of "more Small World"!

492552DD-8700-4A44-9E71-E879EEB9B53B_zpstdezoaoc.jpg

Next up was Casey Jr as we'd enjoyed waving at it from the boats.

Once we were on I was a little apprehensive as she looked so tiny in the seat next to Jack. She had rather a serious face all the way round but I think she liked it!

F60E3CF2-A51A-43FE-9BBD-6B3F757457FD_zpsaa5gfgwc.jpg

It was a ride also peppered with request for more IASW so we headed back once we got off.

I tried to take a family SW selfie but little miss was far too distracted to notice what I was doing! :)

AF3F60A8-08B9-4F08-8FB5-85B4F3F0D8A1_zpsjp2qca0n.jpg

E9641976-E476-4F99-BCE8-A72F6E8DCD87_zpsxjgvenxo.jpg

Once we got off it was getting close to 7, we hadn't properly eaten other than a train sandwich and Macarons and thought we best find some food before Dreams.

So we headed over to Toad Hall. Closed.

Never mind Chalet de la Marionette is nearby. Closed.

So we walked along the secret path to Hakuna Matata. Went in. Got ferried straight out by a CM "Ferme - Colonel Hathis over there"

So Col Hathis pizza it was!

I've left a review in the relevant thread but we were very impressed. Loads of food. Good value. Good quality. We've only really had fast food burgers before at DLRP and been disappointed but this has really changed our opinions and next time we'll try some of the other CS places.

I did rush us a bit once it got to 7:30 as I was impatient to get our spot for Dreams. So we got Aibee in the buggy and she chomped on some more apple slices while we headed to the hub. We went out the Adventureland gate then turned right and found a great spot by the railing not far from Fort Comstock.

Really perfect view for only 20 minutes before the show.

A6BF1CF8-F009-4E66-A89D-14EAEDA0DA09_zps0cqdvthw.jpg

Jack at his ice cream and Aibee demolished most of mine while we waited and before too long it was time for Dreams.

It was wonderful. Way better than I'd remembered. And we loved the Merida bit. (Aibee is a big Merida fan!)

Again she's not seen fireworks close so we were hoping she'd be ok with the loud noises etc but she loved it. Snuggled into Daddy a couple of times when it got really bright but other than that she was in awe.

B7AA6A22-278B-4D77-86E4-EF3D7B41008B_zpsbn8pqpxy.jpg

After the show we let the crowds thin a little and then started walking out.

Originally we headed toward the Liberty Arcade as it'so the quiet route. But I said to Jack should we just join the crowd and walk down the middle and watch our lovely hotel getting closer and we agreed it sounded a nice end to the day. So that's what we did. And it was a lovely walk. :)

Once home it was bath time for Aibee.

We didn't have her crib in our room yet our fault for leaving the do not disturb in the door from naptime as we went out in such a rush!)

So while Jack got the bath ready I popped along to reception.

I also enquired about paying for Castle Club breakfast and the nice man phoned for me but they were fully booked and didn't have space. Never mind. Will ask next time. :)

So I headed back to the room and it wasn't long until the cot came. I got that made up while Aibee finished her bath.

Jack then got her dressed and read a bedtime story while I had a quick bath.

At home this is pretty much our routine too. I then get into bed with Aibee and we talk about our day until she asks for milk and falls asleep. Tonight she could barely keep her eyes open to talk bless her. Which was a shame as we had SO much to say.

So while Jack had a bath I talked a bit about our day while I fed her but she was out like a light. So I tucked her in her little Disney bed and snuggled down myself.

Jack and I had an hour in bed on our phones but we were pretty beat too and called an end to our perfect first day hoping it wouldn't be non stop rain when we woke up!!

Last edited:
Torsie, just catching up - this is lovely. Aibee is such a pretty little fairy child. :goodvibes Love seeing the wonder in her face in your photos.
Look forward to more. :thumbsup2

Lovely first day for Aibee - Small World seems to be a big hit :thumbsup2

Sorry for the update delay. Life has been hectic! (But not all bad hectic as we've rebooked for 5 days at the DLH for Spring next year! Whoop!)

Uploading the next bathc of photos now and will hopefully get day 2 part 1 up in the next hour or so. X

When I left off we had all just snuggled down in our Disney beds. You'd think in a HUGE bed I'd sleep like a log after a hectic travelling and Disney day. But I had a rubbish nights' sleep for some reason, I think it was dehydration. Jack and Aibee slept like logs.

At 6am ish I gave up and had a nice long bath while they kept on snoozing.

At 7am I was getting impatient, so I started talking, Jack got in the bath and I fed Aibee and got her dressed ready for EMH. We watched some Jake and the Neverland Pirates in French...very interesting. We packed the buggy up with some drinks, raincover, and a banana for if Aibee couldn't wait for breakfast and off we headed for EMH!

We were right at the turnstiles and didn't have long to wait at all until the park opened. We weren't sure how the EMH character meets went as it was our first time with them out, but we hung back a little and soon saw Mickey and Minnie come out over by the Discovery Arcade and followed them to their meet & greet over by the Town Hall/Duffy shop.

Aibee was SO excited to see them, and I said the Jack that both mice together was the dream come true first character meet, so we hopped in line with a couple of families before us.

I was a little worried how she might be with characters, as I wasn't a fan of anything like that as a child (even Santa!) but the whole queue she was straining to see them from her buggy and saying "Aibee's turn, Aibee's turn" so once it was us up next I got her out and let her run over once it was our go.

She was a little slow heading over but was soon their grabbing their noses, and couldn't believe it when they signed her cards (I made little postcards for the characters to sign to put in a photo album) - she was squealing "Minnie is DRAWING!" Minnie loved it and even kissed the autograph before giving it back to Aibee which delighted her even more "Minnie kissed it Mummy!"

We had our photos (these alone were worth the Photopass) before saying goodbye.

88B3D6F4-F9D7-463C-914D-0DC39B1680BE_zpsqsqpwcxi.jpg

DCFA640B-20AE-4FAE-8911-76C1E82797D0_zpsmh8tmdwq.jpg

Once we left the mice Aibee spotted Goofy and got very excited. So we hopped in line. This was a little longer, but we sat Aibee in the buggy and she ate some banana and had a drink while we chatted to a ncie Welsh family who were behind us.

Afer a few minutes Goofy had to pop off for a break for 5 minutes, so I took the opportunity to run to the shop to grab Aibee's free balloon using the voucher from yesterday, and also got a bottle of water and a cute little purse for me!

When I got back Goofy was just coming back out, and Aibee was entertained by her huge minnie balloon until it was meeting time.

9AF36633-EFC0-4D8B-BADE-2FD7B1164FB9_zpsxwnyy9uw.jpg

(His whiskers weren't in her eye, thankfully!)

Pluto was also out but he had a big queue, so we decided to head along to Fantasyland instead.

3E7C3640-89D4-43AE-8AD4-3FCBFD832DD5_zpsz3r0f6b9.jpg

Stopping on the way to take a photo on our engagement spot. I couldn't be a luckier lady, married to a perfect man, with a perfect Disney princess, in Disneyland as a family finally. (Our previous trip to Disneyland Paris in May 2012 was fine, but I was unwell and miserable as we were struggling to concieve, so this photo is vey precious to me!)

F9B73B92-E38E-4AE1-A23F-19D7BD69A403_zpsdmprdsnr.jpg

Once in Fantaslynad Aib had one goal, and one goal only - the teacups!!

A48C3660-6A19-4D85-A70D-363E5B8DE02E_zpsx1ssshve.jpg

She enjoyed trying to spin the cup - luckily for me she's not strong enough yet!! (Teacups aren;t my favourite, but for her I rode a few times this trip as she adored it!)

5A2E7CB3-B2E7-4F53-846B-B7AB0303798C_zps79zmodb3.jpg

It was a surpisingly busy morning and we were getting hungry, Peter Pan had a 15-20 minute wait already, so we decided to head to Buzz and then back to breakfast. Aibee loved the talking Buzz in the queue (of course!) so this was the best photo I could get!

9277E2B8-3A32-4E7F-921C-B14F0E63B5D1_zps6hhgzq4k.jpg

"Mum - why would I look at you when Buzz Lightyear is right there?!?!"

We had a fun whizz around on the ride, of course I look a dweeb in the photo as ever!

7B020797-A180-4276-9609-C0F73E7449F7_zpsenw63iql.jpg

Again Aibee looks as if she's being poked in the eye!

After Buzz we were all starving and in need of a warm up. So we popped Aib in the buggy and hot footed it back to our room, where we stripped our coats off and left the buggy before heading along to breakfast.

Aibee just loved running along the big corridor to breakfast. Stopping to "Hello, Bonjour" to everyone she saw. And to peep in the shop window.

EA7E6750-BA37-4FA0-8AB4-C8F37F84805E_zpsffnycbtk.jpg

Then to one of the best bits of a DLH stay - breakfast!!

We didn't have much of a wait and were seated in Inventions in the far room with the nice glass ceiling. We all ate loads! And it was all very yummy. Aibee especially was a fan of the little potato slices, veal sausages and the watermelon.

9D10D0C7-6251-40A2-BCB3-51B6471E5141_zps3pjzc9ox.jpg

I started with the hot food and then moved onto pastries. I fancied a coffee with my pastries, so got up and went over the the little table where the hot drinks were to get a coffee.

And soon a CM came running over to me to tell me off for touching the coffee pots!! Oooops! I didn't know I wasn;t allowed to help myself....seeing as the water and juices etc were on a table right by them to help yourself to.

So let that be a lesson to you all!

Feeling a bit sheepish we finished breakfast and then headed back to the room to prepare for the next part of the morning. :)

After breakfast we popped back to the room to change Aibee and get our bags ready to head out to Walt Disney Studios.

We had a leisurely walk over and arrived at the Studios just before 11am.

6B72797F-C356-46E1-841D-6CBEAE1FE990_zps15apc0pd.jpg

I know some people don't like Studio 1 as an entrace but I think it works really well and always enjoy walking through.

This was our first trip in almost 3 years, so of course we knew where we were headed first - Ratatouille!

We were very impressed with the new area, very well themed. And thankfully we had our DLH FPs to use, so jumped right into the FP line.

We didn't have much of a wait at all and were soon boarding our rat. Aibee in the middle with her litte glasses on hlding onto the bar was the cutest! (I have a photo from when we rode again later in the trip)

All 3 of us loved the ride! Very very impressed. It's really gived WDS more credibility I think.

After we were back to human size we had a walk through Toy Story Playland. Slinky had quite a long wait and it was drizzling., so we kpet walking, Aibee loved the finces and huge Buzz and Rex. Hopefully we can spend some more time there in better weather next year.

D1E1586E-B3D8-45C6-8B72-B4471EB9EE16_zpsszv0n86y.jpg

It was now 11:30 and Animagique was our priority, so we headed over for the 11:45 showing.

This is huge favourite of mine, and I was very much hoping Aibee would love it too. So we were pleased to get some very good seats and not too long to wait until the show started.

Ssshhh it's about to start!

6FF4C1C0-E9D2-4D0E-8B9E-2269C4E5D6C3_zpsrfp8jjth.jpg

Being the first time she's been in a theatre we thought it best to sit on the end of an aisle in case we needed to make a swift exit.

D9776AF3-081B-4C90-8D74-79439DC9F79C_zpsiscyb7l9.jpg

Soon the show started and Aibee was blown away. She was clapping and squealing. She especially loved the pink elephants and the fish that swim above the audience. She still talks about them 2 months later! "Fish do swimming in animal-zeek!" And generally if people ask her about what she saw in Disneyland she'll either say "You got splashed on Ratatouille Ride" or will say about the fish.

I'd forgotten just how much I loved it and we all had a perfect Disney time. I really hope this attraction never closes!

After the show Aibee and Jack played in the Monsters Inc bit while I popped to the loo in Studio 1 (after the previous day/night dehydration I drank a LOT at breakfast so was always rushing off this day, but I felt great so it was worth it.) Jack had mentioned there was a side door into the studio, so I tried it, but it takes you right into the seating area of Restaurant en Coulisse and wasn't great working ym way trhough the tables and chairs, so I won't be going in that door again.

Soon I was back with them and we headed to the Art of Animation shop for a browse. We heard music as we were browsing so went to see what it was and it was Stars and Cars but there was a bit of a large crowd around and not much chance of a view for Aibeline.

From there though I was able to check the time of the next Disney Junior show and it was imminent so we rushed over.

The dance party was just ending and poor Jake and Sofia looked very mobbed. Aibee caught a glimpse of them though.

We got in and found a spot on the floor, all a bit hectic if you ask me, but was nice for the kids to jump about a bit.

1713B164-C26E-4368-A9A5-1D41CE56FCBC_zpsllj1nadi.jpg

This was another huge hit with DD, she was dancing and singing and adored the bubbles and leaves and streamers.

1D7F2C4F-5F51-4DF2-9D15-7809830D2FEA_zps0xylk1fi.jpg

Next time we'll get there earlier so she can sit up the front as it still wasn't the easiest for her to see.

When we came out the rain was back, so we headed into studio 1, (another loo break for me) browsed the big shop a bit (I was looking out for a few particular Tsums)

Aibee liked this hat (she loves every hat she meets.....)

A2994334-3F04-495D-AF3A-653F875D8D7F_zpseoawrvhb.jpg

I've been a fan of this store in the past, and we were really hoping this was the place to get Aib a soft Baymax as she loves him, but Big Hero 6 stuff wasn't anywhere to be seen.

With nothing purchased we were feeling a bit disappointed, luckily the rain had stopped so we thought it a good time to check out World of Disney (also a first as it was a few weeks away from opening last time we were there.)

I'm going to sound a bit moany now, so apologies, but I was expecting it to be bigger. I so love the big WoD store in WDW and this one didn't seem much bigger than the shop that's always been in the village. We did manage to buy a good few bits though. We strolled through the village stopping in a few stores. Still no Baymax, but we did get the best DLRP souvenir we've ever bought:

8BFE3926-9CD8-4FD4-8A8D-C182360F06CC_zpsag419dig.jpg

12 pack of attraction posters - a bargain at 25E! We got them in the art shop but they also had them in Harringtons and the DLH store.

They've made our little hallway a lot more Disney-fied!

8FD1ED44-F944-4BDA-8A14-DA5E17FF0D18_zps6qqvtwod.jpg

2D6EA715-3E7D-4E6B-B8A9-4B79B543144C_zpsyljbbt5s.jpg

I also got a lovely Rapunzel top in the fashion shop which you'll see a photo of shortly.

While down that end of the village it would have been a crime not to get one of my favourite foods of all time:

7F890FDA-BBED-4D00-BF46-B96A54475DF9_zpsyeob8eup.jpg

Aibee was getting very sleepy, so we headed back to the hotel with my sandwich. Jack didn't get one (he got a brownie) as he wanted to get some churros which is spotted at a cart in the village on the way in. So we grabbed some for him as we passed.

We got back to the room and Aibee was very ready for a sleep. So Jack (who was after an Oswald plush and a Phantom Manor T-shirt) headed off into the main park to track them down. While I fed Aibee, which in a few minutes resulted in this:

03B84F59-1270-43B9-8CB8-15CCD9994012_zps2ftqrbp3.jpg

Which then gave me time to eat my sandwich (Hawaiian BBQ - yum!) and then get out our purchases for the morning and admire them:

E606EB20-F9B6-4C47-AB73-69E90FB2A214_zpscphk7zrx.jpg

Love it as usual Tors - that pic of the three of you in your engagement spot is soo precious, and photopass was so worth it for you guys!!

Thanks for letting us know about the coffee in DLH breakfast, I am a coffee fiend so I woulda done the same thing!! :rotfl2:

Love it as usual Tors - that pic of the three of you in your engagement spot is soo precious, and photopass was so worth it for you guys!!

Thanks for letting us know about the coffee in DLH breakfast, I am a coffee fiend so I woulda done the same thing!! :rotfl2:
Thanks Sarah.

You probably wouldn't make the coffee mistake. It's because I was up an down the buffet so much getting bits for Aibee and I that I was never at the table when the tea/coffee lady came. On the second day I knew to warn Jack that if she came I'd like a coffee!

Lovely Torsie. :goodvibes I too made that mistake with the hot drinks in DLH when we stayed there. The servers can be pretty bossy. :confused3

Lovely Torsie. :goodvibes I too made that mistake with the hot drinks in DLH when we stayed there. The servers can be pretty bossy. :confused3
Haha - she was rather pushy.

But I think it's more that she spoke zero English and was in a bit of a panic.

Maybe there's been trouble in the past and they get told off if a guests handles the hot drinks or something.

It was a very loud "No. Please. No!" but then she happily poured me a drink.

At least anyone who reads this won't make the same mistake! :duck::rotfl2:

Jack was keen to report what happened during his hour (and to be fair it’s more exciting than what happened during mine, although I did eat my Earl which was pretty spectacular) sadly no photos, but I’ll add in some stock ones to make this a bit prettier!

Also – he writes waaaay better than me so you’ll all wish he’d done the whole report......so without further ado I hand you over to Jack:

Stepping into the park was joyfully swift thanks to our choice in hotel but it also felt surreal. I don’t think I have ever been in a Disney park on my own before so a warm wave of elation rushed over me mixed with a twinge of sadness that Tors and Aibee were left in the room behind. However, I decided to grasp that freedom and search high and low for a personal Holy Grail: Oswald merchandise.

My wish was to find some sort of Oswald action figure or toy (because I love them), or a statue, but I’d settle for a tee shirt or just about anything really. I hot-footed it down the left side of Main Street where I planned to stay in the shops as much as I could or failing that visit Liberty Arcade to soak in the atmosphere before entering another store. I aimed to finish up in Frontierland as Tors had shown me a Phantom Manor tee that I knew I’d find in the big cowboy shop. Meandering through the stores of Main Street I didn’t see much that piqued my interest until Liberty Arcade. In a display window I was enraptured by a glittering purple octopus. It was Stretch from Toy Story 3 alongside a host of other TS figures. It was certainly something I’d like on my shelf but I hadn’t seen it in the Emporium so I added it to my mental spotting list.

Generally the merchandise was underwhelming. I spotted a few things that might fulfil our souvenir plans (photo frame, Christmas ornaments) but certainly no Oswald. Eventually I got to the end of Main Street and crossed over to Frontierland via the Arcade. It bought back happy memories of rushing there to get to BTM with Tors on trips past and excitedly scouring every inch of Fort Comstock for Disney detail and magic. This was a very different trip but even more magical. I was pleased to discover the Phantom Manor tee but was slightly hesitant over the price (I got it in the end). I also liked some of the other stuff and nearly came away with PM candle sticks and an hourglass but thought I’d hold out on a just in case basis (I never got those).

haunted.jpg

Truth be told that despite being surrounded by Disney Magic I was a little glum (Disney glum, I was still having an awesome time) at not finishing my personal mission but I still had the other side of Main Street to look through. Exiting Frontierland I peered over at Discoveryland and had a sudden brainwave: sci-fi toys!

Checking my watch that I hadn’t been out too long and my phone that there had been no emergencies back in the room I quickly head over to the Buzz Lightyear shop. It was heaving with children spilling out of the ride into the store so I rushed around. I found the source of the Stretch figure, it was a set of all the major TS characters in figure form. Really good, but a bit too pricey. I probably would have purchased Stretch on her own but I didn’t really need the set, I try to limit my toy purchasing habit as you know… I am an adult!

FigureSet_ToyStory3_USA.jpg

I almost bought Leroy. I had no idea who he was but I took a shine to the idea of a red Stitch.

f5c3323703956897fd9ed28ed37b7b4c.jpg

Empty handed I came out of the other side of the shop and noticed how desolate Discoveryland looked. Space Mountain and Videopolis were shrouded by brown fences so this part of the park was even less inspiring than normal. (as a little side note: I’ve always loved the idea for the theming behind Discoveryland but feel that DLRP has never fully embraced the concept. Instead we have a hybrid of the original intention and a more traditional Tomorrowland. Looking at photos of Disneysea only makes me pine over the wasted potential even more (as a side-side note: stopping to look at the huge airship that protrudes from the front of Videopolis it occurred to me that it wouldn’t take a lot of effort to restyle that as Big Hero 6, not that I would condone that of course! Tors later informed me it’s becoming a Jedi Academy, which makes a lot of sense)).

The sign reminding guests that Star Tours exists drew my attention (by reminding me that Star Tours exists) so I rushed through the alley of fences to visit Star Traders. Star Tours said 15 minutes but by the complete lack of any other guests in the area at all I was sure it was actually walk on. Do I dare? Checking the time I decided against it and made my way into the shop. Stitch as Yoda was cool and I liked the Star Tours ship model but my heart was still set on Oswald.

I had been away from the family long enough so I returned to Main Street and headed down the opposite side but I didn’t feel particularly hopeful. The shops are more specific in their wares on that side but I do enjoy browsing the art and collectibles. Some ornaments tempted me, as did fudge in the sweet shop, but eventually I resigned to not picking up any souvenirs and started heading back to the hotel. Maybe just one last swoop of the Emporium, just for luck?

emporium-1.jpg

Drawn to Leroy again I went back and forth a few times between a few cuddly gifts pondering whether to buy any for our niece. Then I saw it. Amongst the Mickeys and the Maries, the Simbas and Cinderellas, there on a single peg in the corner were some lucky black rabbits. A dad with a tween daughter were picking at them eyeing them curiously, both giggling before running off on some other adventure. I wonder if they knew who he was or if they thought they were looking at some strange Mickey variant? Either way, I bought one.

419SHLV3uYL._SY300_.jpg

Giddily skipping back to the hotel with my Oswald in hand I suddenly thought I should have bought something for Aibee and Tors! Tors has been so kind to get Macarons, Burt and Mary in our room, I should have surprised her with a treat. In my hunt for my own souvenir I had failed to return the favour. There’s always next trip! ;)

And a drink! I was meant to buy water and had completely forgotten. So many trinkets to look at, so little water.

Aww glad you found your Oswald Jack and Tors was right, you do write beautifully!

Omg Torise what a wonderful TR. I'll just binge read and am now up to date and loving it! Your writing style is fantastic.
looking forward to more xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter