A Question About BW's One Bedroom Refurb

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends,

DH and I own at GF, but I was able to snag a one bedroom at BWV for the end of October-beginning of November recently. We are really excited to stay here; it will be our first time at this resort. We love the idea of being able to walk to both HS and EP, and we have toyed with buying at either Boardwalk or Beach Club in the future. We like the idea of owning both in the MK area and in the HS/EP area.

After I was able to book Boardwalk for our Food & Wine/RunDisney trip this fall, I watched some YouTube videos to give me a sense of what the one bedrooms are like. While I'm really excited to stay here, I was surprised that the new one bedrooms don't have the split shower/bathroom combo that the GF and Poly studios have, and I don't understand why they don't have the single pulldown bed under the TV. It seems like a big missed opportunity, no?

I'm a relatively new DVC owner and so I recognize that I don't know all the ins and outs...can someone explain why one bedroom refurbs don't have the split shower (one shower and one tub/shower combo) feature and the extra pull down single bed under the TV in the living room. I'm just really curious.

Thanks, in advance, for your insight. :)

That would be a phenomenal expense to change the bathroom arrangements. It will not ever be seen in a refurb.

BWV has the pull down murphy bed in the studios. The design of the room has the connecting door in the living area of the 1BR's and there isn't enough room to add the murphy bed there because of the kitchen. If the connecting doors were in the entry area like at SSR it could have been done had they chose to.

I believe BWV was the second on-site DVC at WDW (after OKW). DVD has learned from each build to make future builds better. BCV was next to be under construction and they changed the connecting doors to the front of the villa and added the requested dedicated 2BRs that BWV does not have.

BWV 1 Bedrooms have a two-room bath arrangement. One room has walk-in shower, sink & toilet. Other has soaking tub, vanity with sink & large mirror, and a small walk-in closet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter