A question about sending packages to the Military...

JESW

<font color=blue>We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, a
My Dad thought he heard something today about packages not being accepted by soldiers overseas if they are from people they don't know. Has anyone heard anything about this??? I hope that it is not true because we are finishing up a box for "our" Marine that we hope to mail on Wednesday. He said it was something new.

Please tell me it isn't so!!!!! :(

Jill

There is a thread about this, but this is what TwinMom7 posted:

"We had a huge meeting last night - 300+ people and there was a Brigadier General who spoke to us. NOTHING was said about not being able to mail to "adopted" soldiers. We were encouraged to MAIL!!!!! This is the main morale booster that these soldiers have!!

I would just say to put (in the return address field) THE KNIGHT FAMILY or your name and then your address.

Inside, maybe a small note of explanation that you received his name from the mother of another Marine. That's all that's necessary.

As the Marine Officers love to remind us...don't believe everything you here on the news."

I think on the other thread, moswt of us agreed we wil keep sending our packages.

There is a thread now with that info. They can't accept things sent to "any soldier"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter