A Question about the ride, Remy

cruising spud

DIS Veteran
I know, I know we are still more than a year out from our Fort Wilderness gathering, but Remy, the ride, caught my eye yesterday. I don't think this ride was open last time we hit the parks. So, I did a bit of goggling, and this looks like a ride that everyone would enjoy. But, wanted to check. This ride appears to be smooth sailing, nothing scary, no drops or dips. Am I right? Thanks for the help.

I know, I know we are still more than a year out from our Fort Wilderness gathering, but Remy, the ride, caught my eye yesterday. I don't think this ride was open last time we hit the parks. So, I did a bit of goggling, and this looks like a ride that everyone would enjoy. But, wanted to check. This ride appears to be smooth sailing, nothing scary, no drops or dips. Am I right? Thanks for the help.
It’s a moving cart on a flat surface however it’s 3D and I had to close my eyes because both me and DH got very motion sick on one part. Watch Ratatouille then go on. It’s cute.

There is a 4D experience to the ride. You will get a splash of water similar to Mickey's PhilharMagic. The ride vehicles are similar to Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh but are trackless.

Thanks for the input. I am okay with jerky and 3D. Just scared of sudden drops. Appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out.

There is a part of the ride that appears as if you are having a big drop (when you fall through the window into the kitchen); of course you aren't really falling, but the screen sure makes it feel that way! You get a bit of advance warning (you can see the window and there is anticipation about what's about to happen, especially if you have seen the movie- that is very good advice!) so you could just close your eyes during that part! There are splashes and moments of "peril" (because you are a rat in a busy kitchen!) but no REAL actual drops.

Thank you one and all. It is easy for me to close my eyes when there are fake drops (my eyes were closed most of the time during Flights of Passage-and, to think, I waited in line for three and a half hours for that ride). It's the actual drops that bother me.

Its a fun ride. Similar to Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, do be forwarned, both these rides go down often, unless they worked out the bugs. Both are definitely worth it.

Okay, wait a minute, Spencer. Isn't Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway a roller coaster? Is Remy a like a roller coaster? Now I'm hyperventilating.

Okay, wait a minute, Spencer. Isn't Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway a roller coaster? Is Remy a like a roller coaster? Now I'm hyperventilating.
MMRR is absolutely note a roller coaster. It's a trackless ride, like Remy. However, I will say that I got slightly motion sick on Remy and have never had that experience with MMRR.

Maybe you're thinking of Guardians of the Galaxy? That is a roller coaster.

Maybe you're thinking of Guardians of the Galaxy? That is a roller coaster.

I researched Guardians of the Galaxy. I watched a video of Guardians. I even spoke to someone who had ridden Guardians. What bothers me about this ride is the twenty-foot drop. I am okay with motion-I LOVE the Star Wars ride. But sudden drops-nope. I am okay with Pirates and the Frozen rides, but even those slight drops bother me a bit.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter