A quick question about Dreamcastle hotel

scarletlancer

Mouseketeer
Hi everybody

I am taking my family to DLP and staying at the Dreamcastle hotel in early September I was just wondering if anybody knows if there are any safe walking paths that allow you to walk to the parks from the hotel. Distance is not really a problem (I don't think) as we are all like a good walk but I would not want to walking on the hard shoulder of a road or anything like that. I don't mind crossing big roads as long as there are safe corssings for us to use. Anyway I would be grateful of anyones advice.

Hi scarletlancer and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Can't help with question but I know some have walked from The Explorer Hotel so it must be possible.

I saw what looked like a safe walking path, but did not try it, nor did I trace it all the way.
I don't even think it would be that far, and it was not the same route the vehicles take, for the whole route.

Take the bus once, and look for the path, I think you will see it. Look off to the left as the bus is headed toward Disney, before the bus hits the main stretch that goes past the entraces to the various disney owned hotels. There is a sort of path, that does not follow the road, but seems to cut a shorter path through.

Or, you can email the hotel.
I found that they did respond to email questions.
I used this address:
info@dreamcastle-hotel.com
The response came from this address:
reception@dreamcastle-hotel.com

Hi scarletlancer and welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

We have walked from the Explorers which is next door to the Dreamcastle and it is quite safe to walk, as Nikki says there are paths all the way. The roads are very quiet so very safe to cross. It takes us about 25 mins from the Explorers so I reckon it will take you about 30 mins. :goodvibes

I agree with Eileen to take the bus the first time so you can get your bearings. :) The other way to walk (which we prefer) is to cut across the Santa Fe car park and follow the signposted directions to the Village. This route follows the river and you can see all the different Disney hotels as you go by. If this doesn't make any sense, don't worry it will when you get there....I hope! :rolleyes:

Any more questions, just ask away! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter