A quick question - meal vouchers? Have we made a mistake?

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
I phoned earlier and asked if we could use the premium vouchers at Inventions for the set meal on Sunday. She said yes.

Now I am concerned that we can't - and it is only available for the cheaper buffet option there and not the Sunday brunch?

Does anyone know?

I'm not 100% but just looked it up in the new brochure and it states premium can be used at following restaurants:

Auberge etc

then it says "Inventions - dinner only".....

I hope I'm wrong.... :sad2:

I'm not 100% but just looked it up in the new brochure and it states premium can be used at following restaurants:

Auberge etc

then it says "Inventions - dinner only".....

I hope I'm wrong.... :sad2:

Oh FFS - but we will be able to use them at face value though on the Sunday brunch I assume? I did say when I upgraded them that it was for Sunday brunch.

Sunday brunch and dinner are a similar price, whereas lunch is alot cheaper?!

I thought Inventions only did Sunday brunch or dinner in the evening - wasn't aware it was open for lunch - wasn't when we were there?

If the prices are similar then I wouldn't worry. You can always pay a few euros extra (or lose a few if your voucher is for more than the meal value). You should be able to use your vouchers as it is a Disney waiter service meal which is what your vouchers are for.

Not sure why it doesn't state in the brochure that you can use them for brunch :confused3 Perhaps it is because they are talking purely about face value meals where you have nothing to pay or lose....?

I'm really sorry I can't be more help but that is all it states in the brochure. If you specifically said for brunch then I'm sure it will be fine.

Hopefully someone else will be able to say they have used them - I'm not even sure of the up to date prices - they are probably on the sticky at the top as Carrie is good at updating.

I thought Inventions only did Sunday brunch or dinner in the evening - wasn't aware it was open for lunch - wasn't when we were there?

If the prices are similar then I wouldn't worry. You can always pay a few euros extra (or lose a few if your voucher is for more than the meal value). You should be able to use your vouchers as it is a Disney waiter service meal which is what your vouchers are for.

Not sure why it doesn't state in the brochure that you can use them for brunch :confused3 Perhaps it is because they are talking purely about face value meals where you have nothing to pay or lose....?

I'm really sorry I can't be more help but that is all it states in the brochure. If you specifically said for brunch then I'm sure it will be fine.

Hopefully someone else will be able to say they have used them - I'm not even sure of the up to date prices - they are probably on the sticky at the top as Carrie is good at updating.

From what I have read it does a buffet lunch (no characters) during the week for around 31e and brunch on Sunday for 59e and dinner for around 55e - both with characters!

Oh - who knows. Not going to stress, will ask at the hotel and if they say we can't use them in full or at face value, we will ask for our money back and change reservations!

This is all it says on the website:

Premium Meal plan Option

Benefits:
- Helps you plan your stay with us and your budget
- Up to 10% discount by pre-booking

Our Half board vouchers are valid for:

Adult:
- 1 starter, 1 main course, 1 dessert, 1 non alcoholic drink (soda 33cl or water 50cl)
Or
- 1 all you can eat buffet, 1 soft drink (soda 33cl or water 50cl)

Child:
- 1 main course, 1 dessert et 1 soft drink (25cl)
- 1 all you can eat buffet, 1 soft drink (25cl)

- Valid in all Disneyland Paris table service or buffet including our best premium restaurants, great Disney Character experience and the Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show standard seats (except Mc Donald's®, Planet Hollywood®, Rainforest Café®, King Ludwig Castle®)
- You will receive 1 voucher per night and per person upon check in at your hotel
- Vouchers can be used for lunch or dinner.
- Not valid on December 24th and 31st

For your convenience we advise you pre-book your table by calling : (33) 01 60 30 40 50

From what I have read it does a buffet lunch (no characters) during the week for around 31e and brunch on Sunday for 59e and dinner for around 55e - both with characters!

Oh - who knows. Not going to stress, will ask at the hotel and if they say we can't use them in full or at face value, we will ask for our money back and change reservations!

I'm *pretty* sure if it doesn't cover the meal, premium will cover face value, as I recall half board vouchers can be used in this manner and have been ultilised this way in the past.

The Stakehouse in Disney Village as I recall does a cheaper character bunch on the Sunday, unless I'm much mistaken. So if that idea falls through. You can still get a character meal for the day (and use the premium vouchers for a nice fancy meal at a place like California Grill instead! ; ) ) - so at least there is a Plan B in case

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter