A quick question regarding the drive

Bugsmom73

DIS Veteran
We are plannning on driving from Central Il. We will be leaving Friday afternoon, and figured we could drive about 5 hours, and that would put us in Nashville. We then figured on driving about 8-9 hours. How would I fugure out where we would be so we can make reservations. We just got a sweet deal on WL and want to arrive as early in the day so we can enjoy Disney Magic as much as possible.

Thanks.

We go from Central WI to southern Tennesee the first day. Then all the way to Orlando. If you think you could make it to Kimball, TN there is a motel called Budget Host. It is dirt cheap, very clean and you get a full , hot breakfast. Just a thought. Then you could drive your 8 hours the next day and be pretty close to Orlando. I'd guess you'd be about 3 hours north, not sure of a city name. You can check Yahoo Maps, to get exact time and distances between cities.

I would suggest making it just past Nashville before stopping. You don't want to be stuck in rush hour traffic the next morning trying to get through the city. My recommendation is Franklin, TN it is a suburb of Nashville with hotels just off the exit along with the mall and plenty of resturants.

Not exactly sure where 8-9 hours past there gets ya but I would make sure to drive past Atlanta again to avoid the traffic the next morning. Our GA stop over place is Valdosta and that was about 4 hours north of Orlando (just a bit before the FL border).

Just did mapquest and found that Valdosta is about 7 hours from Nashville. So a little short of where of how long you were planning on travelling.

Hope all my rambling helped somewhat.

We are in SW Michigan, and we got to Chattanooga in about 11 hours (I think) with a long lunch stop, and then to Orlando in about the same. We really liked the Sleep Inn Suites on Brown's Ferry Rd. in Chattanooga. Easy to get to. :)

some hotel sites will give you hotels along your route. I know the Marriott one does. You tell it your starting and ending destinations, and it will give you a map with hotels enroute. Hope that helps!

8 or 9 hours should put you anywhere between Tifton, GA and Lake City, FL, give or take depending on Atlanta traffic. If you leave Nashville early enough in the morning, say between 8 & 10, you should avoid heavy traffic. Just be sure to be through Atlanta before 3 p.m.

Happy Trails...

Lake City Fl is our favorite stopping point if we leave after the kids get out of school.

Lots of hotels, eating places, everything. This puts you just over 2 hours out.

DWD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter