A quick weekend at DLP-highs and lows

Rienchen

Real Life Mary Poppins
A friend of mine and I just returned last night from a 3 day/2 night trip to DLP and had an amazing time.

Highs:
*The incredibly low crowds on Friday(Disney Studios), wish we had taken more advantage of it as it got very crowded Saturday and Sunday
*extra magic hours, we got to Parc Disneyland just after 8am on Saturday and managed to ride a bunch of rides in Fantasyland and take a picture of an almost empty Mainstreet USA and of course the castle
*Animagique-LOVED it!
*the subtle CHristmas music everywhere, not tacky or overdone
*getting to share the weekend with a friend who had never been to Disneyland, who enjoyed it just as much as I did
*getting to meet so many characters
*Hotel Santa Fe-much better than I expected

Lows:
*the way most of the character meets are handled...complete and utter chaos! I actually feared for the safety of the characters at some point
*people using their pushchairs and/or children to jump queues.
*getting delayed for 2 hours on the way home because the Eurostar in front of us hit an animal so we didn't arrive at St Pancras until 23:20 :(
[luckily the children in our carriage were very well behaved, it could have been a nightmare otherwise]

trip report to follow :wizard:

sounds great on the whole :goodvibes - looking forward to the trip report - and have you converted your friend to The Magic now :wizard:??

Sounds like a great trip aside from the character meets. I won't go near a crowd like that with my 1 and 4 year old. I don't understand why people push and shove, if there could be some sort of queue it would probably remedy the problem.

Sounds like a great trip aside from the character meets. I won't go near a crowd like that with my 1 and 4 year old. I don't understand why people push and shove, if there could be some sort of queue it would probably remedy the problem.

Some of the characters had organised queues and we were always happy to wait 10-20 minutes for our pictures, but I just don't understand why Disney doesn't have a more structured system for their meet&greets, even just for the safety of their characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter