A quiet place to dine?

Davev77

Earning My Ears
Hi, I’m looking for some suggestions for the best places on property for two adults to have a nice quiet relaxing dinner. My wife and I were down last year on our honeymoon and are returning this year, we love Disney and staying on property, but not sure if it’s because of our age or that we are from a rural place in Canada but we found between the resort and parks the noise level took its toll after awhile. We had dinner at LeCellier, we enjoyed the meal, but between being crammed in to our table and having to near yell to have a conversation, the experience didn’t match the food! Now i realize I’m at Disney world but surely there must be some restaurants on property where two adults can enjoy a nice relaxing dinner without screaming kids, blaring music and a table that I don’t have to turn sideways to get in and out of!

We've always found the Grand Floridian Cafe to be a nice place to enjoy a dinner. Citricos is another. Quiet is relative at Disney of course, but certainly both are places you can enjoy a nice meal and hear each other during a normal conversation.

We've always found the Grand Floridian Cafe to be a nice place to enjoy a dinner. Citricos is another. Quiet is relative at Disney of course, but certainly both are places you can enjoy a nice meal and hear each other during a normal conversation.
Thank you, I did book gf cafe last night, it would be nice to just have a nice relaxing meal after a day at the park

As far as quite and more "adult" any of the places in the Swan and Dolphin should hit that mark. We've only been to the bar, but if you like steak (guessing from Le Cellier) than Shula's would be a good bet. Il Mulino is also great Italian and Bluezoo awesome seafood.

We also find Jiko pretty quiet and the food is phenomenal.

The first time we had dinner at the GFC it was quiet, as there were hardly any other diners there. Last year though, was a different story. The waiting area was full of people, we had a lengthy wait to be seated (with our ADR), and due to the restaurant being packed, it was very noisy. And this was a less crowded time of year - go figure! I'm thinking now that maybe guests who aren't able to get into a TS restaurant in MK might hop over to the monorail resorts to try their luck there. Anyhow, for peace and quiet, I think I'd have to go with the Swan & Dolphin or perhaps Jiko.

V&A is probably the only place you could dine at WDW and guarantee quiet. Monsieur Paul has always been quiet, in our experience, as has Flying Fish, Citrico's and Narcoosee's. It's luck of the draw, though, as you just don't know who will be dining in these locations night after night. If you aren't on the dining plan, I also recommend heading over to the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin. Except for encountering a large convention crowd at Kimono's one night, we've always had quiet meals there. If you have a car or don't mind uber/lyft/taxis, you could also check out the restaurants at Four Seasons and the Waldorf.

Also, are you sure you want to go at dinner time? One reason why DH and I usually eat or TS at lunchtime is that it's so much quieter. We've found the same restaurant that's loud and hectic at dinner time is peaceful and quiet at lunchtime (Chefs de France, Rose and Crown, and Coral Reef are some that come to mind right away.

We generally find that eating at off times (dinner before 5) in non park restaurants are super quiet.

This. We ate at Coral Reef around 3 one day and had an almost empty restaurant. I almost always prefer to eat at off times like 2 or 3. Less crowded.

We enjoyed a great dinner at the Wave at the Contemporary with extended family. We loved the food, service and atmosphere. We even remarked that it was so refreshing that we could have dinner together at Disney, and we were able to carry on a nice conversation where we didn't have to compete with any other noise.

Ate at both Citr' and Narco' this week and both were quiet .... but there is ALWAYS the chance you get a big loud group next to you ... it IS DISNEY. I'm always surprised to see large groups with kids in these (not cheap) places ... but they DO appear.

I think that the resort restaurants are probably a better bet for quiet, but I can recommend two places that tend to be less frenetic: Tokyo Dining and Restaurant Marrakesh. Admittedly, though we've only had lunch at each of them.

We had a wonderfully calm and relaxing lunch at TD. It was on a hot and busy day but we got a table by the window and enjoyed the quiet whilst looking at the fabulous view. The food was very good and the service was excellent.

On an evening the other restaurant in the same building, Teppan Edo might be busier though and the noise might carry. Plus, I imagine TD is busier if you're there around fireworks time.

RM just seems to be calmer too, and feels tucked away. I love the food there.

Yes, I will echo the previous people's posts that generally, a resort restaurant is your best pick for quiet. And Victoria and Albert's is the ONE guarantee of it (unless harp playing bothers you).

I have eaten in just about every park restaurant and it totally is pure luck how noisy or quiet any of them can be on any given day. Like, my last dinner at Monsieur Paul was incredibly noisy, which you wouldn't think, but all it takes is a few boisterous tables and there you go. It's like 50/50 when your talking dinner at the theme parks or maybe like 70/30 in favor of noise at dinner time. Lunch is maybe 50/50 and yes, I have had quite a few quiet meals at Coral Reef, particularly if the lunches were 2pm and later as a previous poster said.

Spice Road and La Hacienda de Angel were pretty quiet as well because they are the 2nd tier restaurants in their country's pavilion and thus you have better luck of a more quiet meal, again, especially at lunch. Rose and Crown has been quiet too, for me, but again, it depends on the time. I recall Skipper Canteen was quiet too, and not very crowded at both of my munches. Even SCi-fi DIne-in tends to be quiet because it is in the dark and people are watching the movie screen. Hollywood Brown Derby can be quiet too, depends how busy it is.

Tiffins is a struggling restaurant and will almost definitely be quiet since there will be next to no one in there which is my sense of it, at this point - it's just too expensive and seems to me, to have been a miscalculation to put a signature restaurant like that in that location in Animal Kingdom and there is just too much far more affordable dining choices there, both quick-service and 1-credit sit downs/buffets and the more popular well-known elegant restaurants at the Lodges are just a quick bus-ride away, but anyway, Tiffins is bound to be quiet - LOL when I was going to my meal there last December, there was a poor cast member outside of the entrance whose job it was to parade around and twirl a huge sign announcing meal coupons and discounts to try to entice people to come in to eat there - I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH DESPERATION to get people to eat at Disney - but I imagine this was quite an investment for Disney are they are trying to save it. Food is incredible, by the way.

As others have said quite is a relative term at WDW. Cali Grill is not bad. We also found Morimoto Asia to have great food and be less noisy than some other places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter