A Red Sox dad's worst nightmare

blitzkrieg048

Bond...James Bond
Well, I got the terrible news last night when my son's new baseball coach called. He said "Hi I'm your sons coach this year and he'll be playing for the Yankees". After I screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I got myself under controll and got all the info. Now being a diehard RedSox fan it doesn't get worse than this. Now came the tough part of breaking the new to my son. He took it better than I did but said he would never wear the number 2 because it belonged to Derek Jeter. That's my boy. I'm asking any RedSox dad's to try and help me cope during this difficult time Thanx.
P.S. Maybe we'll hold out for the season.

I feel your pain. I am die hard White Sox fan (go Sox!) and if my son ever had to put on the dreaded Cubs uniform.......the horror!
But, we know we will just suck it up and smile!

Ha! I feel your pain! My son was on the Yankees 2 years ago! I guess you just get through it! BTW they were the best in the little league series that year :rotfl2:

:sad2: My condolences to you .....I'm not sure if I could stand to see that uniform in my house all season long but hey you seem to be taking it pretty well.

Maybe he can wear traitor Johnny Damon's shirt :) I'm raising my DD3 right too - this morning in the car I told her the Yankees lost last night and she said "YEAH"!! Glad to see the Sox fans this morning.

Maybe we can request a trade. My 5 year old is playing tee-ball this year but his coach hasn't called yet. I can't even bear to think the unthinkable of having 2 sons play for the EVIL EMPIRE.

Yankee Fan Here.

I feel your pain. I would have the same reaction if my son had a Red Sox uniform.

Maybe you can step up and coach a team in order to rescue your son.

Contact the Lowell Spinners!

They just had a day where little league teams could come in and exchange their "Yankees" uniforms for Spinners uniforms. They would take the old Yankees uniforms and donate them to an inner city charity or league in New York.

The Lowell Spinners wanted to end every Red Sox father's nightmares of their sons playing for the Yankees.

Eliminate the Yankees Program

I am not a father, but the mother and I would not want to have to see a Yankees uniform on my child. I don't know if my son would wear it. He doesn't really care for the Yankees either. He would probably getted kicked off the team because he wouldn't wear it. LOL. GO SOX!!!

Well you Know you have to show support and show up at the games

IN A YANKEE HAT

My Mom and Aunt have Sun.Season plan for the O's and auntie is a diehard O's fan orange everything Right up until those darn Yankees show up.She unlocks the vault and out comes them pinstripes.

We are lifelong Indians fans-while in line at little league tryouts, our son said he wanted to be on the Indians. I told him the chance is about 1 in 30, so don't hold your breath.

Four hours later, his coach called, he was drafted by the Indians!!!! Made our day.

We would pull him out of baseball if he was drafted by the White Sox.

This happened to a local baseball player (Mark Clark) who was a professional MLB player. His family has always been huge, diehard St. Louis Cardinals fans - they HATED the Chicago Cubs. Guess where Mark got traded to? Yep, he had to play for the Chicago Cubs for two years :rotfl2: . One time someone asked Mark's Dad who he was going to root for when the Cardinals played the Cubs, and his Dad said "Well, that is a toss-up".

Huge White Sox fans in this house. DD comes home from 1st day of 2nd grade in tears, says she needs to have a different teacher. DH and I are confused, neighbor boy had the teacher and loved him. DD says, the whole room is decorated in CUBS stuff! Needless to say, DD took great pride in wearing her Sox gear all last year!

At least we know her 3rd grade teacher is a Sox fan!

I think it's hard for some folks to understand the fierce rivalry between some of these teams.

My DH and I are Red Sox fans. Actually we should be getting a call about our sons team soon...now your post has made me worry that I will be screaming "Noooooooooo!!!" too! My boys wouldn't be too happy about having to wear Yankees...we have trained them well. :)

I feel your pain. My son is also a HUGE Red Sox fan and has to play on the yankees. To make it worse my husband is the assisstant coach and he refuses to put the Yankees hat on his head. It's going to be a long season!!!

HELLO Yankee fan here!
They have won....26 World Series I believe. So your son is on a team of Champions!!! Oh how we are loving seeing Johnny Damon in our outfield! Doesn't he look cute with that haircut!
My little guy is wearing his A-Rod pj's tonite! I will agree with you on Jeter though*not a fan of his. But anybody else woohoo!!! Go Yankees! :cheer2:
We had so much fun with a Red Sox family last year in Epcot. I LOVE the rivalry.(I went to school in Boston and was lucky enough to see a few games at Fenway...but was also there when the METS beat them.... I mean come on the METS!!)

java said:
HELLO Yankee fan here!
They have won....26 World Series I believe. So your son is on a team of Champions!!! Oh how we are loving seeing Johnny Damon in our outfield! Doesn't he look cute with that haircut!
My little guy is wearing his A-Rod pj's tonite! I will agree with you on Jeter though*not a fan of his. But anybody else woohoo!!! Go Yankees! :cheer2:
We had so much fun with a Red Sox family last year in Epcot. I LOVE the rivalry.(I went to school in Boston and was lucky enough to see a few games at Fenway...but was also there when the METS beat them.... I mean come on the METS!!)

Has Johnny Damon had to hit the cut off man for a throw to second base yet? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

No big loss there.

Hey Java fellow Yankee fan.

My kid wore his A-Rod jersey to school yesterday and Jeter jersey today. He looks sooooooooo handsome in pinstripes.

Johnny Damon looks great all clean cut, like a real Yankee.

Hey you guys that hate the Yankees: if you live in an area where everyone hates the Yankees, then why do they even have that team in the little league program? There's so many MLB teams. There has to be one that's not used they can trade with the Yankees.

OH NO!!! That just would not fly in our house, you are a better parent than I. I'd probably insist my son take up soccer instead. Better no baseball at all than to have to say, "Go Yankees!" :eek:

Tink1999 said:
Johnny Damon looks great all clean cut, like a real Yankee.

You can have him all clean cut! The passion in his voice is gone. He was #1 in Boston and now he's #3 in NY. What a dope. Has his wife picked up any TV gigs yet?

One good thing about living in CT is that I get NESN & YES. So I admit, I do watch Yankee games once in a while - just to make sure they're losing :)

It's all fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter