A Red Sox dad's worst nightmare

MissSixty said:
I feel your pain. I am die hard White Sox fan (go Sox!) and if my son ever had to put on the dreaded Cubs uniform.......the horror!
But, we know we will just suck it up and smile!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I am a die hard Cubs fan and I got a call from my oldest DS's coach telling me that he's on the Sox. Ugh. Normally I wear the team shirt and hat at the games but I warned everyone that I will NOT be wearing a White Sox shirt :lmao: :lmao:

Oh no! In high school, we did the musical with the non-DIS appropriate name, and someone claimed that they couldn't say "Go Y******" on religious grounds. Maybe look into doing the shirt exchange with the Lowell Spinners?

In my house we are Sox fans all the way around-DH is white but my blood runs Red!!!! We'll be watching a game and my DD's will say "Go Sox"(or "Go Pats" depending on the season)(Which by the way DH hates because he's a die hard Bears fan) and I have to remind them that this is daddys team so they HAVE to add the White to it---LOL he just came in the kitchen and we were talking about this and he said "You know I'll say go Pats to root for your team when they're playing but you Never say go Bears and that's some bull--"

If it was me and my kids I'm afraid to say I'd just have to suck it up and cheer my butt off replete with cap and jersey then come home and take a boiling hot shower to wash the stank off!!!

Wiith out turning the Original Post into a Red Sox/Yankees Debate, I just have to tell Irishbosoxfan that I feel you pain as well.

First: The Sox and trading Johnny Damon, Now: the Vintieri and the Pats! Last I knew Bellichick (please dont flame me if I spelled those wrong) was $20 million under the slary cap!! Boston/New England is going to Hell in a Handbasket. We won the Championships, I guess we should be thankful for that! Could have had seasons like the Saints or the Texans.... :guilty:

Oh well! All in all, just make sure your son enjoys the game, learns the skills and most of all - has fun. Then remind him that his heart lies in Fenway on the ride home from the games and practices! Its just a uniform.... ((Vinitieri will always be known for the Super Bowl winning field goals,Same with the Snow Bowl, not for the time with the Colts! :thumbsup2 ) Go Sox!! :cloud9:

My DH was born and raised in NH. He and son are die hard Red Sox, Celtic and Patriots fans. I have a Larry Bird Christmas Ornament that DH insists on hanging on our tree every year.

I am from the San Francisco Bay area and was raised a Giant Niner. Things can get interesting around here.

All the years of son playing ball and never much conflict.

Along comes DD who is 7, has never done any outdoor sport, ballet is her game. She decided she really wanted to play baseball this year. I tried everything to talk her out of it, she wasn't having it, wanted to play. So I troop down to the local baseball league and sign her up for Rookies (7-8 yr olds) By the way she is every teams nightmare; throws, catches if that is what you want to call it and runs like a little ballerina. I just know those little boys on the team cringe every time she gets up to bat or anywhere near a ball. :rotfl2:

The coach,who happens to live across the street and is enjoying himself immensely calls, she is a YANKEE!!!!

DH and DS would not let her wear her shirt to dinner last night and are choking over the "team" shirts I bought for them when we signed her up. :lmao: She of course is enjoying twisting the knife in their backs. I haven't told my inlaws yet, I'm thinking this might just have to be our own little secret.

I feel your pain!!!

I, also feel your pain.
Years ago, my eldest son started his first year in "rookie league". Same scenerio - coach calls with the "congratulatory call", "you've been drafted to play for the yankees".... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
then the topper... he asked if I would be an assistant coach, meaning I'd have to wear the uni and hat too.

Now please understand, I grew up 2 miles from Fenway in Brighton, MA. spent many, many summer days and nights at the greatest ballpark in the world. My email address is redsox1974, my license plates on my car are 2REDSOX, we have a mini "green monster" in our yard for whiffle ball, My kids' bedrooms are wall to wall Sox baseball themed, etc.
But the good news is we got through that year, my son has played for the allstar teams every year after, and thankfully has been on national league teams.
The funniest thig though was... when we first got the yankee$ gear, my son, 6 years old at the time, puts on the yankee$ hat with a look of disgust and says... "Dad, I can feel the yankee$ hat burning my head", proving beyond doubt that yes, they are the evil empire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter