A restaurant you weren't expecting much from but were pleasantly surprised

This trip it was Ohana dinner. Our last two experiences were not good at all and I had no intentions of booking it. This kids kept harping about wanting to go, so I gave it. It was delicious. We waited maybe 15 mins for a reservation which is really good for Ohana and the food was fresh and yummy. When we went in I said to my husband that I wasn't going to be rushed out the door this time, but honestly the waitress didn't try to push us out like the last couple of time. It was very nice.

We had the same experience there recently- we were also pleasantly surprised! The only thing that kinda disappointed was the bread, to which our server said he thought the bread rolls at Kona are better, so he brought some to our table at Ohana to try- they were delicious! We also didn't feel rushed at all!

Raglan Road: the food, the drinks, and the entertainment all exceeded my expectations
Mama Melrose: this one really threw me for a loop. After reading bunches of 'eh' reviews and booking it anyway as a last resort, it was great.
La Hacienda: Loved it. If I could eat anywhere at WDW for dinner tonight, this would be my pick.
Tokyo Dining: I hardly ever hear anything about this one. It is a real hidden gem. Shhhhh....it will be our secret.

What a fun thread ... lot’s of inspiration to give places a try. Two that my family really liked despite tough reviews: Coral Reef and Sci-Fi Dine In.

What a fun thread ... lot’s of inspiration to give places a try. Two that my family really liked despite tough reviews: Coral Reef and Sci-Fi Dine In.
SciFi is awesome! its one of our fave places. Its literally one of the quietest restaurants in Disney (everyone is concentrating on the movie clips). Its great! And yes, i like the food too. And their shakes, omg. Oreo is to die for. :)

For us it was Liberty Tree Tavern this past weekend. I was impressed by how fast the food came out and how good everything was. After paying for character breakfasts, the price was surprisingly pleasant too!

The Wave, Very impressive and delicious breakfast buffet. The Italian place on the boardwalk, Trattoria al forna i think? It was very very good with exceptional service.

For me there are two restaurants that I have to mention that I was surprised by how good they were. The first is the Wave. We were staying at BLT and at the last minute we made an ADR for the place, not expecting much and were very impressed with the service and the food. The second would be Citrico's. We made an ADR about two months in advance because my DW wanted to go there and reminded me that it was one of the few signature restaurants we had not tried. I wasn't expecting much and will say that I was completely blown away. It has moved to the top of my list of restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter