A silly and random question about packing.

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
Ok....don't laugh ;)

But, is it better to iron and pack your clothes the night before your trip as they dont get as creased?:confused3

Im worrying if i start packing now all my clothes will be really crinkled by the time i get to dlrp on Monday. I really hate ironing.

As you can tell this is the first time ive had to pack my own suitcase :rotfl:

Sorry if this was posted in the wrong place.

i ironed my clothes the day before and packed everything really carefully, and put the more easily creasing items towards the top so that they wouldn't be pressed too flat by items on top, it worked well for me, especially as i hate having creased head scarves!

Don't tell anyone but I pack my iron in my suitcase :rotfl2:
I have a small travel iron and it works wonders.:rotfl:

I just iron everything as usual, put it away in drawers, wardrobes as usual, and then take it out from its usual place and pack it in the suitcase the day before we are travelling.

Elaine

You could take a travel iron, but are you really going to be that bothered?

Nobody - and I mean nobody - will even notice if you're slightly creased. You'll have your coats on nearly all the time you're in the parks, and will be so tired by the time you're having your evening meal you won't care if your hair is all over the place, clothes hanging off you etc - you'll be too busy enjoying yourselves!

If you really want to take a travel iron with you, you could iron your clothes on the dressing table in your room - its wide enough.

Elaine

Nobody - and I mean nobody - will even notice if you're slightly creased. You'll have your coats on nearly all the time you're in the parks, and will be so tired by the time you're having your evening meal you won't care if your hair is all over the place, clothes hanging off you etc - you'll be too busy enjoying yourselves!

:scared1: Go out with slightly creased clothes?
:eek: Hair all over the place?

note to self: Pack travel iron & Hat :thumbsup2

You could take a travel iron, but are you really going to be that bothered?

If you really want to take a travel iron with you, you could iron your clothes on the dressing table in your room - its wide enough.

Elaine

Well lets put it this way. On Christmas eve you can't dine in the Foundersclub with your clothes all rinkly and messy.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I would feel very oncomfy

kl2-1.jpg

kl3.jpg

kl5.jpg

Well lets put it this way. On Christmas eve you can't dine in the Foundersclub with your clothes all rinkly and messy.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I would feel very oncomfy

kl2-1.jpg

kl3.jpg

kl5.jpg

I cannot see the problem of turning up there scruffy & not dressed for the occasion;)

In answer to the OP's question, I iron the clothes as normal then pack. When I get to the hotel I hang up the clothes.

Have you ever tried rolling your clothes instead of folding them before putting them in your suitcase? It works really well....and if you use a bit of tissue paper, or an empty paper towel cardboard, it is even better. It also saves a lot of suitcase space!

I generally iron just before they go in the case - either that or plump for jeans and t shirts where creases either don't notice or drop out a few minutes after you put them on. Actually I would agree with cheshiremama about rolling clothes. I do find that helps to keep the packing tidy and reduce creases.

And to be honest, no one's going be giving you marks out of ten for neatness when you go flying round on Big Thunder Mountain.

Ironing !!!
Life's too short. :rotfl:

I roll too BTW works a treat. Whether you roll or fold don't do it whilst the clothes are still warm from the iron, they will crease more easily then than when they've cooled.

The rolling of clothes is the better option. I often do this and it is true, you use less space. Forget the iron and enjoy your holiday. Ironing is work and holidays are fun.

I don't even own an iron at home, let alone consider packing one on vacation. Guess that's the "sloppy American" in me :hippie:

In today's world many fabrics you can escape ironing by using fabric conditioner and not using a dryer or taking out of the dryer and hanging immediately or folding as the case may be. This is a wonderful help for busy families.

I now *have* to iron some items. The company I work for has decided to use an interim uniform which involves nasty white blouses. No matter how carefully you wash the things they just have to be ironed.

Our colonial parents would likely be horrified, can just see it... "In our day..." Even my own mother would expound the virtues of ironing. Not only to remove creases and make clothes look smart but to remove any remaining germs, apparently killed off by the heat. But then, they likely didn't have DLP to pack for and let's face it, who wants to spend hours slaving over a hot iron when there is a park, fun, rides, parades and lots of exciting characters waiting for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter