A silly prayer request

the Fidge

DIS Veteran
OK heres my situation, DS started 7th grade today. Every year excpet kindergarten my Dad would dirve him in for his first day. It was their "special" thing. My Dad also asked him for one promise back in Feb, and that was to play football.

WEll we lost my Dad in APril suddenly by surprise came for Easter and to house sit during our Disney vacation and then he became ill and passed within 3 weeks.

SO today was Ds first day and he really is missing my Da. Today is his first game and I know my Dad will be on that field but DS doesn't like football all that much and is very nervous about the game.

My prayer, please pray for #74 my boy who could use some angels on that football field today. Thank you!

Not a silly prayer request at all. I will be glad to say one for your son, and I am sorry for your loss.

I think it is great your son is still going to play and keep his promise to your dad. I hope they have a great season.

No prayer request is silly! Of course you've got one from me. Here's hoping #74 scores the winning touchdown for his Grandpa!:goodvibes

So sorry about your dad!

My son started playing football this year so I can relate to your anxiety and worry. At first he was very nervous but now he loves it (well except for the getting hit hard part. :rotfl: ) I still worry every time he is out there but I'm glad he is learning about being part of a team.

I will keep your son and your family in my prayers.

Thank you all so very much , kick off is at 4 pm and can you beleive I am shaking for him now! I drive for school so off I head now but please know how blessed he will be having those crazy DISers keeping him in prayer! Here's hoping he sacks the QB (on the opposing team) that would put him over the moon!

All my gratitude....................

aw, I am sorry for your loss. What a sweet man your dad sounds like. I will certainly pray for #74. What position does he play? will he be in a position to score? Let us know how the game turns out.

I don't believe that #74 needs any prayers today. I TRULY believe that an angel will be with him!!! When my dad passed 9 yrs ago-I begged him to send me a sign that he was ok. I don't believe in all that ghost & spirit stuff. But I know he visited me when I needed & least expected it. Its so tough to lose a parent & then watching how your children deal with it is even worse. How do we help them when sometimes we aren't dealing with it ourselves? :hug:

My heart goes out to your boy and to you. We lost my Dad 10 years ago, when my oldest ds was in high school. Baseball was the sport for ds and my dad. His grandpa had been at every game since t-ball. The first time he went on the field without Dad there, I think the whole crowd was in tears.

My prayers will be with your son for all of football season and with you to ease your anxiety. And I know exactly the anxiety you are feeling. Football is the hardest sport to watch when its your own baby out there on that field!! Just remember his grandfather will be watching over him too.

Swald91: I don't necessarily believe in ghosts and such either, but I know my Dad has been there many times. Sometimes when I am trying to figure out what to do, I can hear his voice telling me which way to turn, or just assuring me it will work out.

HUGS! Ill be praying for ya'll. My son was extremely close to my dad (we lived with him) and he died in April also (1 month after diagnosis of lung cancer). So I know what you are going through with your DS and missing Papa

OK prayer update........well the "A" team, aka 8th graders played today while "B" team watched on the sidelines (sadly the A team did not fair well at all 3-28). So tomorow the "B" team will be playing out of town and I will be there with bells on and all of your kind words and prayers in tow!

Thank you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter