A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

Where is the best place to find the most recent/current autograph cards for 2013? I've made several books in the past and am hoping to use new cards for this upcoming trip. But I haven't been able to find any new ones?! I like the style of DoNatalie that has the background of the character with their names also written on them, instead of just a plain background. Any ideas?

Where is the best place to find the most recent/current autograph cards for 2013? I've made several books in the past and am hoping to use new cards for this upcoming trip. But I haven't been able to find any new ones?! I like the style of DoNatalie that has the background of the character with their names also written on them, instead of just a plain background. Any ideas?
Hey Sher92, your best bet will be to check Photobucket.com. That's the best place to get them or you can contact Dis'ers on here personally and ask if they would do a personal Autograph Book for you. I use to get my Autograph Photos from, " MusicMouse7" or "Chaos1Cent" or "Elisablake_Bucket". They may still be on here, but I'm unsure, and maybe they will make you some, all you have to do is make a request to them or check out Photos from Photobucket.com. Good Luck and have a Magical Day.

Hello all,

Anyone know where I can get cards for Anna/Elsa from Frozen to complete my set. Also looking to find one for DiVine and Bamboo even though they can't sign. Thanks.

Hello all,

Anyone know where I can get cards for Anna/Elsa from Frozen to complete my set. Also looking to find one for DiVine and Bamboo even though they can't sign. Thanks.

http://media.photobucket.com/user/j...um 3/AnnaandElsa_zps8dff5e2c.png.html?filters[term]=Elsa&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=9

Hello mggeary, I located this photo at www.photobucket.com. I hope this works, if not, you can search photobucket for Anna/ Elsa throughout the website, Good Luck and have a Magical Day. :thumbsup2

Is here any way you could make 2 autograph cards in the 2012 style from your photobucket. The ones with the themed background. I am looking for Sofia and Pluto. If you can't it's no biggie! I'll just post a request.
Thank you for sharing your cards with all of us!
:)

Sophia has been added to the 2012 designs
(pluto should be there)

i don't know if this has been posted but everytime I try to use the photobucket picture to design my digital autograph book it says the quality is bad and the pictures may not come out right! am I ding something wrong??

i don't know if this has been posted but everytime I try to use the photobucket picture to design my digital autograph book it says the quality is bad and the pictures may not come out right! am I ding something wrong??
Make sure you select "download" the image. It might be hard to see but usually on the right side of the screen in a box.

How to make a 5x7 Autograph Book (Spiral Bound):
Step 1: Browse the DISign threads to find autograph card styles that you like (see list below). Enlarge each image by clicking on it, then right click, choose save picture as, and save it to a folder on your computer.
Step 2: Open a new Word document. Set the margins to 1 on the top and bottom. Copy and paste each autograph card into the document, leaving one space between each card. You will be able to fit two cards per page if you invert the bottom image on each page (rotate 180 degrees). Right click on each picture after it is pasted and size it to 4x6.
Step 3: Print pages onto cardstock. 65 lb cardstock will do, but you can use 110 lb for sturdier pages.
Step 4: Cut each card out, leaving a 1 margin on the top of each card, and ½ margin on each side.
Step 5: Arrange your cards in alphabetical order (trust me, it will be easier to find the character you want when you are in a hurry), and place the covers over the front and back. Take them to have them bound at an office supply store (I took mine to FedEx/Kinkos). Be sure to tell them you want it bound at the top and not on the side. If you do not want to spiral bind your cards, you can always slip them into a photo album that you have decorated Disney style with stickers, etc. It makes a great way to carry them, and then you can scrapbook with them or have the ones that you had signed bound when you get back!

[Alternative method: If you dont want to use up all of that printer ink/toner, you can upload these images and have them printed out as photographs. I would recommend matte finish if it is available. Pick up your photos and then go on to Step 5. Photos can be spiral bound or placed in a photo album.]

Does anybody know if you can still print out the cards as photos at a store or order online somewhere? I was wondering if they give you a hard time about the Disney copyright?

Also, if you can print them, does the matte finish work on the finished project? I was worried about the marker not adhering to the photo surface or the marker smudging the autograph. Any feedback?

How to make a 5x7 Autograph Book (Spiral Bound):
Step 1: Browse the DISign threads to find autograph card styles that you like (see list below). Enlarge each image by clicking on it, then right click, choose save picture as, and save it to a folder on your computer.
Step 2: Open a new Word document. Set the margins to 1 on the top and bottom. Copy and paste each autograph card into the document, leaving one space between each card. You will be able to fit two cards per page if you invert the bottom image on each page (rotate 180 degrees). Right click on each picture after it is pasted and size it to 4x6.
Step 3: Print pages onto cardstock. 65 lb cardstock will do, but you can use 110 lb for sturdier pages.
Step 4: Cut each card out, leaving a 1 margin on the top of each card, and ½ margin on each side.
Step 5: Arrange your cards in alphabetical order (trust me, it will be easier to find the character you want when you are in a hurry), and place the covers over the front and back. Take them to have them bound at an office supply store (I took mine to FedEx/Kinkos). Be sure to tell them you want it bound at the top and not on the side. If you do not want to spiral bind your cards, you can always slip them into a photo album that you have decorated Disney style with stickers, etc. It makes a great way to carry them, and then you can scrapbook with them or have the ones that you had signed bound when you get back!

[Alternative method: If you dont want to use up all of that printer ink/toner, you can upload these images and have them printed out as photographs. I would recommend matte finish if it is available. Pick up your photos and then go on to Step 5. Photos can be spiral bound or placed in a photo album.]

Does anybody know if you can still print out the cards as photos at a store or order online somewhere? I was wondering if they give you a hard time about the Disney copyright?

Also, if you can print them, does the matte finish work on the finished project? I was worried about the marker not adhering to the photo surface or the marker smudging the autograph. Any feedback?

I use Snapfish to print the autograph cards and have them shipped to my home.
Either give the card a wave thru the air or a quick blow of air to dry the sharpie before place back in your book.

I use Snapfish to print the autograph cards and have them shipped to my home.
Either give the card a wave thru the air or a quick blow of air to dry the sharpie before place back in your book.

I also use Snapfish and have had no issues with copyright. I generally prefer matt finish as a rule, just being my personal preference, but I have done some cards as glossy and a sharpie marker works fine on either. Yeah, give them some air and you're good to go. I have not had problems with the ink rubbing off. Just hold it in your hand after the signing while the photos are being taken and once you are finished, you're good to go :thumbsup2

OK...I'm gonna try the Snapfish service. Another question: I've gathered all these images/links from the photobucket locations. But I copied and pasted them into a Word document. There doesn't appear to be a way to save them individually as a jpg. Any ideas/suggestions? Not really looking forward to finding these images again -- because they were all over the place.

OK...I'm gonna try the Snapfish service. Another question: I've gathered all these images/links from the photobucket locations. But I copied and pasted them into a Word document. There doesn't appear to be a way to save them individually as a jpg. Any ideas/suggestions? Not really looking forward to finding these images again -- because they were all over the place.

Pretty sure you are going to have to have the jpg of them. To do that, you just right click and save picture as (or save image as depending on your computer).

If you don't mind downloading them over again, I'd go back to the Photobucket pages. What I did: right click on each picture on Photobucket, then save as the default file. Save them to a folder on your desktop called "Autograph Book" or something similar. They will automatically save as jpegs in that folder.

Now, I have a question. I don't want too big of an autograph book, but I don't want to skimp either. I don't know how much DGD will want to wait in line for character pictures/autographs. What are the abolute character pages you'd save? We have two character meals, Tusker House and Akershus, so I know to save those characters. I'm saving all the princesses, and all of the Super Six (Mickey and friends). Of the fairies, I'm only saving Tink. No one from Disney Jr., since I don't know it we will make it to Hollywood Studios, and if we do, we won't have the H&V breakfast. DGD is going to MNSSHP, but I dunno if she'll be more interested in rides or characters.

Right now, I have 42 characters downloaded plus a blank page. 50 pages seems to be a good number for the book. But I can always add and subtract more.

What characters were in your autograph book? As always many thanks.

I have 55 characters so far. We have a party of five, including two princesses and a first time adult who i think will be doing the autograph thing, too. I have all the princesses, Super Six, MNSSHP characters, and probably all major movie characters: Aladdin, Genie, Jasmine, Jafar, Flik, Incredibles, Lilo, Stitch, Monsters, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Toy Story principals, Storm Trooper, Darth Vader, Wreck It Ralph, Vanellope.

I also have passport pages for Epcot -- I want them to collect the passport stamps and have the CM write their name in the language of their country. And I found one for BBB that I will have the fairy-godmother in training sign.

I'm still looking for more characters to add...I figure it's easier to have them than to not have them and need them. I also want to include a bunch of blanks -- which will have either a mouse ear pattern or a park resort background.

Like you, I don't know if we will want to do a lot of characters or not. We are taking a 6 YO and 8 YO girls, and I believe the characters will be a big hit, so I ant to be prepared.

The cost of the autograph book keeps increasing with each page. Once you make the decision to go WDW, it's hard to argue about saving cents when most everything else you're spending is dollars. But I think this will be a very tangible souvenir that the girls will keep for a long time.

I have 55 characters so far. We have a party of five, including two princesses and a first time adult who i think will be doing the autograph thing, too. I have all the princesses, Super Six, MNSSHP characters, and probably all major movie characters: Aladdin, Genie, Jasmine, Jafar, Flik, Incredibles, Lilo, Stitch, Monsters, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Toy Story principals, Storm Trooper, Darth Vader, Wreck It Ralph, Vanellope.

I also have passport pages for Epcot -- I want them to collect the passport stamps and have the CM write their name in the language of their country. And I found one for BBB that I will have the fairy-godmother in training sign.

I'm still looking for more characters to add...I figure it's easier to have them than to not have them and need them. I also want to include a bunch of blanks -- which will have either a mouse ear pattern or a park resort background.

Like you, I don't know if we will want to do a lot of characters or not. We are taking a 6 YO and 8 YO girls, and I believe the characters will be a big hit, so I ant to be prepared.

The cost of the autograph book keeps increasing with each page. Once you make the decision to go WDW, it's hard to argue about saving cents when most everything else you're spending is dollars. But I think this will be a very tangible souvenir that the girls will keep for a long time.

Agreed! My daughter is 13 and still loves looking back at each of her autograph books. We love them!

making autograph books for my two boys but the books I have bought measure 4" x 5 and a half inches.

could I still use the sheets on here and re size them or will they not fit?

Also, sorry I am an not great on computers. Could anyone tell me how I change the margains as it says to change them to 1 at the top and bottom when you copy and paste them onto a word document but I have no iea how to do this :wave2:

making autograph books for my two boys but the books I have bought measure 4" x 5 and a half inches.

could I still use the sheets on here and re size them or will they not fit?

Also, sorry I am an not great on computers. Could anyone tell me how I change the margains as it says to change them to 1 at the top and bottom when you copy and paste them onto a word document but I have no iea how to do this :wave2:

If obtaining the pictures from a photobucket account, make sure you have the image open as large as possible and then save the image to your pc.

I usually INSERT a picture into a word document and then adjust the picture size by right clicking on the picture and then selecting size

I made autograph books for my boys (ages 6 & 5) and they LOVE them!!! I made three for each child (one with regular autographs, one for the charachter dining experiences, and one for MVMCP). I used photos to make their books (Snapfish was having a 300 print for a penny sale). I had covers made for each book/child and had them spiral bound at Kinkos. Since these were my first books and I am NOT a crafty person I am pretty delighted about them!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter