A small warning on using BOI laser cards in DLP

Laura678

Mouseketeer
I really should have made this thread in July but I am only thinking of it now!

I had issues using my Bank Of Ireland laser card in DLP last July!

I used it in Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost and when I was paying with my laser card the transaction took ages and the system then froze.
The manager came out and explained that it was because of my card. I was so taken aback. I had just spent 4 nights in Rome and 3 nights in Paris and had used my card there and had no issues.
He then said that the Irish laser cards and the Greek debit cards were causing issues and that the system crashes when they are used. I thought this was so bizarre as I had used the card elsewhere in the resort with no problems!
I then paid by cash.

The second incident was in the TOT shop. The weather was quite colder than expected and my bf was very cold so we bought a hoodie in there. Again my card crashed the system at the main till and then I paid at the ride photo till.

We worked off cash for the rest of the holiday as we were wary of crashing systems left right and centre and causing mayhem!

So this is just a little warning for those using BOI laser cards!

Irish & Greek cards??

Wonder if this has anything to do with the austerity measures? :confused:

Seems a bit of a coincedence!!

Thanks for that Laura, was debating activating it but i'll just get the mastercard debitcard from moneybookers instead! less hassle and i agree I think theres a link to the bad economic situations in both countrys.... I will be looking for sponsorship for my next trip if it doesnt buck up soon :rotfl2:

I didnt think you could use any laser cards in france, is it just certain lasers that work? Im with AIB, can you use their laser cards in paris?

I didnt think you could use any laser cards in france, is it just certain lasers that work? Im with AIB, can you use their laser cards in paris?

If your laser card has maestro written on it then it should work abroad. Check with your bank though as the fees can be quite high. I have a third level account though so I don't pay feed abroad which is why I use mine all the time

My Cirrus is ok yeah? I might take out some of my money when I get over, from the ATM.

Cirrus should be ok but check the fees with the bank first. They can be about €3! We used to just work from my laser card instead of carrying money because I pay no fees. I would be wary about using it again though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter