A Solo Trip 28 Years in the Making-Oct 16-17th, 2012

Excellent 5 course meal at the chefs counter in Napa Rose!

78E0519B-B66C-4D37-A9F4-0A0FEEB90BCB-10450-000004E74F83DC07.jpg

Sounds like you're having a great time! Thanks for sharing with us! Your orange juice made me LOL.

Thanks for following! I couldnt finish the OJ :rotfl:

I have never been to DLR, but the entry looks almost quaint compared to the Magic Kingdom. Like a mini version. Love all the Halloween decorations. Have an amazing day!

That's one of the things I liked about DL, that everything was much more closely packed in and the themes tightly woven in each "land" of the park. Had a very cozy feel to the park.

Love the Goofy pumpkin head at the entrance. I sometimes feel like he gets left out alot at WDW. Nice to see him center stage at DL :goofy:

I almost got the Goofy ear hat? :lmao:

At the train station to head back to San Diego bright and early! My cab showed up early so enjoying a nice breeze on the bench on the platform

3B4296D6-0EC3-4112-BFB8-7AC4AC2790CD-10450-000004F1A6BC5DAB.jpg

Sad to be leaving but hoping to come back in the next couple of years with my family.

I will continue to post some updates from San Diego but it'll mostly be work so won't bore you with all of that. I counted 1170 pictures I took in two days! Hope you can join me on my trip report which I'll start once I get home on Sunday. Oh, and today happens to be the 100 day mark for our family trip to WDW so that sort of eases me leaving DLR! Also means I should start a PTR for that as well!

Arrived in San Diego yesterday and started my conference activities. Ate dinner at Nobu with some friends I hadnt seen in a year. Food and company was excellent!

Decided to take a half day excursion to Coronado tomorrow!

They sang Halloween songs too!

That's awesome!! We will definitely have to be on the lookout for them next week!

This is the line for the Tiki room. Uhh, yeah, not going to be happening for me

5942E7D1-789F-41DF-A235-A1E98CF3BDD2-10450-000004D770B169FB.jpg

I'm not even kidding, that is probably the line for Dole Whips. :lmao: DH saw a huge line and thought it was for the Tiki Room when he was taking DS in there, then realized it was just the line for Dole Whips and walked right into the next show of the Tiki Room.

9B07EB22-1644-405F-AF5F-3970BB762A81-10450-00000502B41E88AB.jpg

Can't get enough of this view from the train

Beautiful!!

Looks like you had a super successful 2 days in DL! I can't wait to get the details. :goodvibes

khertz said:
I'm not even kidding, that is probably the line for Dole Whips. :lmao: DH saw a huge line and thought it was for the Tiki Room when he was taking DS in there, then realized it was just the line for Dole Whips and walked right into the next show of the Tiki Room.

Beautiful!!

Looks like you had a super successful 2 days in DL! I can't wait to get the details. :goodvibes

Ohhhh! That was the Dole Whip line!! Now it makes a LOT more sense. Just couldn't understand why Tiki would be so much more popular at DL. LOL

Have a safe and fun trip to WDW! We can trade stories through our trip reports.

sounds like you are having a great trip! I love all the pictures :thumbsup2

When you have a moment, will you pm suggestions for Sea World? NO rush, as our next trip is at least 18 mos away, lol. But I would like to take the girls to Sea World for a day on our next trip and I'm having a really hard time finding out info about it. Unless I am just not opening the right threads :confused3 At the time of the next trip, they'll be around 9, 5 and 3. Thanks!

auprincess said:
sounds like you are having a great trip! I love all the pictures :thumbsup2

When you have a moment, will you pm suggestions for Sea World? NO rush, as our next trip is at least 18 mos away, lol. But I would like to take the girls to Sea World for a day on our next trip and I'm having a really hard time finding out info about it. Unless I am just not opening the right threads :confused3 At the time of the next trip, they'll be around 9, 5 and 3. Thanks!

Happy to help! I'll shoot you a pm when I get home tomorrow.

solana131 said:
popcorn:: Just soaking up all your pictures here...I can't wait for the TR!

204charity said:
I agree with Solana! What gorgeous pictures Dave!

Thanks! All of the pics I've posted so far for my live report were from my iPhone. Have been very impressed with the phone camera so far. I went through all 1200 pictures on my DSLR last night in my hotel room and I can't wait to start sharing and reliving my short trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter