A Step by Step Guide to Princess Hair

taylor5

Mouseketeer
Okay, I am hoping someone can help me out. I want to be able to do DD6's hair myself when we go to Disney, but have no idea how to do it. If someone could give some step by step instructions (hopefully with pics), I would greatly appreciate it!

I hope someone can help you with this....I'm interested in seeing this also. I am not doing BBB with my DD b/c she is SO tenderheaded that I wouldn't want the hair to ruin her experience there. I am going to try to do something myself.

I hope someone can help you with this....I'm interested in seeing this also. I am not doing BBB with my DD b/c she is SO tenderheaded that I wouldn't want the hair to ruin her experience there. I am going to try to do something myself.

Amy, I have to finish up a couple of things- but I will dig up some pics of M's hair when I have done it. (If you saw her in any of the meet pics- I did her hair that day)

Her hair was very cute and I would love to see pics!

I can do a ballerina bun but I would love to see pics of a princess bun -- or are they the same thing?

I do not have pics of the process, sorry, but here is what I observed.

1. They brush the hair out and put A LOT of gel in it.

2. They slick it back into a ponytail high on the head and use even more gel to ensure it is slicked and will stay in place.

3. They twist the pony tail into a bun and use more gel (are you seeing a pattern here - LOL) and bobby pins.

4. They use a hairpiece that consists of hair around an elastic (like a scrunchie of hair). Before putting this hairpiece on, they back come the hair on the scrunchie (just the short stuff at the top of the scrunchie - there are also long pieces that hang down too). They make the scrunchie hair really poofy.

5. They attach the hairpiece around the bun. The backcombed hair hides the bun. They long pieces just hang down naturally. They use a lot of bobby pins here too.

6. They hairspray it and pixie dust it (which is just glitter you can get at a craft store).

7. Then you can attach the crown.

Here is DD's finished result:

image053.jpg

It is hard to tell from the photo, but none of that is her real hair, that is all the hairpiece. They just really poof up the hair on the hairpiece.

I didn't have extensions in mine, nor did DD9, we both had the same 'do, it was the bun. DD13 did the extensions in her hair but I was busy getting myself done so I'm not exactly sure how they did hers. :) With myself and DD9 the did the high pony with lots of gel, then they put rubber bands at regular intervals along the pony, then they rolled the hair into our buns and bobby pinned it. Then they added the tiara around the front. I'm pretty sure I could my bun on the girls but not as confident over the pop princess style. LOL

Not to hi-jack, but does anyone know where you can buy a small princess tiara (like the ones they have at BBB?) My DD isn't 3 yet, but loves all the princesses and will be Cinderella for MNSSHP. I'm going to attempt to put her hair up in a bun, and would like to have a small princess crown. She has a couple of the princess crowns here, but they're huge. TIA!

Not to hi-jack, but does anyone know where you can buy a small princess tiara (like the ones they have at BBB?) My DD isn't 3 yet, but loves all the princesses and will be Cinderella for MNSSHP. I'm going to attempt to put her hair up in a bun, and would like to have a small princess crown. She has a couple of the princess crowns here, but they're huge. TIA!

Other than wedding specialy shops your best bet is a dollarstore for a plastic version. The wedding shops have small ones but I am unsure of the cost.

Oh, maybe Ebay?!?!

You can also try a party supply store

You can also buy the small crowns at WDW for about 10.00. I have seen them in many resort shops and at DTD.

You can also buy the small crowns at WDW for about 10.00. I have seen them in many resort shops and at DTD.

That's great, I didn't know they sold them. Do you know where they sell them? I'm thinking maybe the Tink store at MK? She's the first little girl in the family, so I've never paid much attention before.

That's great, I didn't know they sold them. Do you know where they sell them? I'm thinking maybe the Tink store at MK? She's the first little girl in the family, so I've never paid much attention before.

They sell the crowns in most shops at WDW. IF they don't have them in the Tink store near the Castle-they do have them next door at Sir Mickeys. I have also seen them at the big store in Toontown and I would think the main shop on Main Street would have them too.

Thanks for all the replies! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Besides the BBB bun, are there any other simple up-do's that a novice would be able to pull off with minimal effort?

ok, this is EXACTLY how DD's princess "bun" was done at BBB in june: hair was brushed out and slicked with gel, then gathered into very high, tight ponytail and secured with a very tiny, clear rubber band. more of these tiny, clear, rubber bands were used to section the ponytail into 4 sections and after this was done, the ponytail was held up straight and folded in and back at each rubber band, until it reached the base. at this point, it was secured with bobby pins and made a fan/bun shape. the crown was positioned in front of the fan/bun and the sides of the fan/bun and crown were secured on each side with bobby pins to resemble a bun. i hope i explained this well, lol, i watched the entire process very intently.

ETA: we were not offered, nor did we ask for, any extensions. i wish we had been, DD had some hair in the back that wasn't long enough for the bun and it looked sort of silly hanging down, IMHO. i think extensions would have helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter