A Stringbean, a Wingnut, and a plan! (A January '12 PTR) TRIP REPORT STARTED!! 1/16!!

Stringbean&Wingnut

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, and welcome to my first PTR! :wave:

My name is Sara (aka Stringbean), and my DBF is Wingnut. You may remember us from such dining reviews and trip reports as "A Post Open-Heart Surgery Dining Report" and "A Post Open-Heart Surgery Trip Report".

(Astute readers at this point may have gathered that one of us has had heart surgery in the recent past. That was me, mitral valve repair in July '10. Everything is fixed and looking wonderful now!) :yay:

Here we are:

Hmm, how did that last one sneak in there?? :rolleyes1 You'll hear me rhapsodize about those Napoleons from Boulangerie Patisserie several times.

:-)love:)

I am definitely the bigger Disney nut in our household (although Wingnut will quite happily pore over the menus for endless amounts of time), and Wingnut seems to see this PTR as a new pinnacle of my Disney obsession (I prefer the term "hobby" :laughing:). I'm pretty sure I can come up with something else to make him reassess that. :thumbsup2

But in the meantime, welcome aboard the happiest PTR that ever sailed!!! :welcome:

Installment Links:

The plan, which is really more of an idea, so far

The resort contemplation...

ADR contemplations, the breakfast edition

ADR contemplations, the dinner edition

Before I post our lunch ideas...

ADR contemplations, the lunch edition

A story...

Another step in the planning process...and another story...

Getting closer...

An ADR addition

Mickey mail!!!

Day 1 ADR's!

1 year later / Day 2 ADR's

Day 3 ADR's

30 Day Parks Challenge - Day 1

30 Day Parks Challenge - Day 2

Free Dining...and a change!!

We are booked at....

Day 4 ADR's

Six best eats at WDW

30 Day Parks Challenge - Day 3

Day 5 ADR's

Waiting for the rain...

30 Day Parks Challenge - Day 4

Well, this didn't take long at all

The ADR dilemma continues. And Day 6 ADR's!

Wingnut's birthday!!!

ADR update!

30 Day Parks Challenge - Days 5 and 6

Slightly annoying news/super-awesome news

Souvenirs / 30 Day Parks Challenge - Days 7 and 8

Past 100 days left / 30 Day Parks Challenge - Days 10 and 11

A(nother) change to the plans

We are NOW staying at...

A dairy free frosting interlude

30 Day Parks Challenge - Days 9, 12, 13, and 14

Ruminations and 30 Day Parks Challenge Days 15 and 16

Complaining about the weather / dreaming of caramel

Another change to the plans...and nobody's surprised.

30 Day Parks Challenge Days 17 and 18, and some holiday shopping

30 Day Parks Challenge Days 19 and 20

Brownies / 30 Day Parks Challenge Days 21 and 22

The unanticipated has occurred.

Random stuff, and 30 Day Parks Challenge Days 23 and 24

30 Day Parks Challenge Days 25 and 26

No Mickey Mail yet!

Crisis averted. And 30 Day Parks Challenge Days 27 and 28.

Another ADR change!

A bunch of random stuff, and 30 Day Parks Challenge Days 29 and 30!!

Still waiting...

The Magical Express saga continues...

No sign of the ME stuff yet...

The saga continues...more...

THEY'RE HERE!!!

...and we're off!!

...and we're back!!!

Trip report started!!!

Stringbean + Wingnut ... I'm a fan !!! Can't wait to see what you have planned !!

I'm here!

ETA: I'm not sure why it's showing my post as second....I posted it around 9:30. Weird!

I just read your TR last night. I'm in for this one!! :banana:
Thanks for writing another. Sue

I'm here!

ETA: I'm not sure why it's showing my post as second....I posted it around 9:30. Weird!

Yay hi!!! :yay:

Hmm...time zone discrepancy? Not sure about that one!

Stringbean + Wingnut ... I'm a fan !!! Can't wait to see what you have planned !!

Thank you!!! Welcome! :cool1:

Yay!!! Welcome aboard! :goodvibes

Fun! I read your other PTR and TR, and I can't wait to read about your new plans!

Hi! Welcome!! :banana:

Love your reports --- When are you guys going???? We need details!!!!

Thank you!!! As of yet undecided details to come!!! :laughing:

Sign me up!

Yay!! Hi!!! :banana:

Joining in!

Welcome!!! Hi! :yay:

I just read your TR last night. I'm in for this one!! :banana:
Thanks for writing another. Sue

Welcome!!! Thanks for reading!! :goodvibes

I'm in! I really enjoyed both your other reports.

Hi!!! Thank you!! :banana:

I'm in for this as well! I enjoyed the previous one and look forward to your many adventures! :cool1:

Yay Sara!:woohoo: You began a PTR! Awesome.:thumbsup2

Obviously I'm joining in. Hopefully this next trip will bode better for you and Wingnut.:goodvibes You know, without the deluge, foot neuromas, allergies and such!:laughing:

So, spill the beans! Are you contemplating January then??

I'm in! I hope there is P&F meet & greet as well as Epcot in your future. Wait, this is Stringbean's PTR, of course there is Epcot in her future! :goodvibes:cool2:

I'm in! I hope there is P&F meet & greet as well as Epcot in your future. Wait, this is Stringbean's PTR, of course there is Epcot in her future! :goodvibes:cool2:

:rotfl2: Oh, I'm sure her itinerary reads like this....

Day One: Epcot

Day Two: Epcot

Day Three: Hmm, where to go? Maybe Epcot

Day Four: Hollywood Studios, then Epcot

Let's place bets!:thumbsup2 :laughing:

J/K Sara.:goodvibes

I'm in for this as well! I enjoyed the previous one and look forward to your many adventures! :cool1:

Hi!!! Thank you!! :goodvibes

Yay Sara!:woohoo: You began a PTR! Awesome.:thumbsup2

Obviously I'm joining in. Hopefully this next trip will bode better for you and Wingnut.:goodvibes You know, without the deluge, foot neuromas, allergies and such!:laughing:

So, spill the beans! Are you contemplating January then??

Hahahaha hopefully this doesn't disappoint! Welcome, welcome!

I hope so too! A good and healthy trip is the goal! :thumbsup2

Not-yet-solidified trip details to come, don't worry! :laughing:

Hi!!! :rotfl: Of course we'll be going to Epcot!!! Ohhhh P&F better still be meet and greeting when we go! I would be there, no question!

:rotfl2: Oh, I'm sure her itinerary reads like this....

Day One: Epcot

Day Two: Epcot

Day Three: Hmm, where to go? Maybe Epcot

Day Four: Hollywood Studios, then Epcot

Let's place bets!:thumbsup2 :laughing:

J/K Sara.:goodvibes

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Hang on while I copy and paste that itinerary into Excel, that looks good to me!!!

I'm sure no one will be shocked to hear me admit that I think about Disney a bit more than I probably should. I am pretty much always at the ready for someone to suggest a Disney trip, my fingers poised to dial Disney Reservations, menus pulled up on my screen, and typing in dates to see just how far we are from 180 days.

Don't worry, Wingnut knows what he's gotten himself into. :laughing:

Not long after we returned from our trip in December, the topic of returning arose (I may or may not have sewn that seed...:rolleyes1), but it was pushed aside while apartment hunting took first priority.

When we got more settled, Wingnut reassured my poised fingers, we would talk about the trip more. Going back to Disney wasn't a question, just the details were.

It wasn't long after we moved in that I began to get the Disney ants in my pants again, and we began to really formulate a plan. I decided to send away for the Disney free planning DVD, not because we actually needed it, but I am the biggest sap for those things ever.

(Also, I'll admit it, I was hoping for a discount code...)

When sending away for the DVD, I had to fill in an anticipated month of travel. At this point, we were still deliberating between November '11 and January '12. I decided to put in November, because, well, I'm impatient.

(Does anyone else see where this is going?)

Soon after, Wingnut and I decided that January '12 would be a better time to go. I then got the DVD in the mail, promptly flipped through the papers and stuff enclosed through the packet, no code. That's fine. I still got my sappy tear-jerk movie.

ONE DAY LATER a letter from Disney Destinations came in the mail. With a discount code.

FOR NOVEMBER. :headache:

I know, I did it to myself. And to be honest, it wasn't a spectacular code, just a small incentive.

But still...

As we are right now, January still looks like it will be our target month of Disney travel. We have not yet booked our trip, but I'm hoping to do so very soon. We're hoping for a nice discount code for our travel dates, but are not set on being able to use one (which is good, 'cause I totally blew it on the first one :laughing:).

January sounds like a great time to go to WDW! I hope you get another pin code! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter