A "super" E-Ticket comming to Tommrowland?

You are going to be disappointed then because it is a family coaster. I'd say thrills along the lines of Matterhorn/SM.

Well, SM (WDW, not that horrible piece of crap DL(My opinion and i'm entitled to it)) is thrilling. the track may not have inversions but the fact that i can only get to WDW every 2-4 years means that I never quite remember the track from trip to trip means that every twist and turn surprises me. It is currently my favorite ride i've ever been on, and I've been on many. As for matterhorn, It's my favorite attraction at DL for a similar reason. The track may not be the most exciting, but it is well themed to make it interesting enough.

So if it's at the same thrill as either of those two and well themed/in the dark so I ca't see the track, I'll be satisfied. :thumbsup2

Ya know, I've said this before, but people that complain about the lack of "thrill rides" at Disney are bound to remain sorely disappointed. Even Disney's biggest "thrill" rides (ToT, EE, RnRC) can be enjoyed by the average 8-year old. And there biggest successes of late have come from rides directed at the Majority, not the thrill seeker.

Face it, they know they're target audience - families - and that is what they shoot for.

Now, look at Universal, who built a beautiful themed land in WWoHP, and built a "state-of-the-art thrill" ride, which can't be ridden by about good 1/4-1/3 of the population.

Ya know, I've said this before, but people that complain about the lack of "thrill rides" at Disney are bound to remain sorely disappointed. Even Disney's biggest "thrill" rides (ToT, EE, RnRC) can be enjoyed by the average 8-year old. And there biggest successes of late have come from rides directed at the Majority, not the thrill seeker.

Face it, they know they're target audience - families - and that is what they shoot for.

Now, look at Universal, who built a beautiful themed land in WWoHP, and built a "state-of-the-art thrill" ride, which can't be ridden by about good 1/4-1/3 of the population.

The problem with the term "thrill ride" is that the definition varies from person to person. I consider space and splash thrill rides but not BTMR (i think its horribly boring). My Mom is thinks BTMR is thrilling, refuses to ride Space, and if it were not for the excellent story and theming of Splash, she wouldn't ride that either.

the term thrill ride is relative. :thumbsup2

So, if true I think you will here the announcement this summer at D23 convention. Disney want that to be a big event - and we will here big announcements from across there divisions. That is partly why nothing "new" has come out in the last year or so. (Hyperion Wharf doesn't count - as even Disney knows its crap.)

I think Monster's Inc Coaster will depend on how you define E-ticket...maybe not state of the art, but I think it will be a huge draw on par with Toy Story Mania, which from a ride perspective shouldn't be considered an E-ticket, but from a crowd perspective clearly is the biggest draw in the park.

I picture them pulling a "something new in every park" type move coming soon - much like they did in 2005-2006 with EE, LMA!, The Seas, Laugh Floor, where in 2012-2013 we'll see something added/revised in all 4 parks. (Figment 4.0 perhaps?)

Thats what I am hoping for a Happiest Celebration on Earth BOOM adding Soarin', EE, LMA.
It very well could happen, maybe on a grander scale.

MK the big winner this time FLE and if this TL-E ticket happens
DHS-MI ride
DAK-new attraction or new land
Epcot-Figment 4.0 or a new country

Are you implying that rides like EE and RnRC can be ridden by more people than Forbidden Journey?

Are you implying that rides like EE and RnRC can be ridden by more people than Forbidden Journey?

Absolutely! I can ride EE and RnRC no problem but I can't fit onto Forbidden Journey...and from the amount of people being turned away at the same time as I was last October I'd have said the PP estimate is conservative! :sad2:

Absolutely! I can ride EE and RnRC no problem but I can't fit onto Forbidden Journey...and from the amount of people being turned away at the same time as I was last October I'd have said the PP estimate is conservative! :sad2:

I guess I don't need to answer that question but I will anyways...I also think on the smaller side that EE is 42" and I've certainly seen 5-7 year olds riding EE. RnRC is 48", so that one may be a little closer to FJ. But even so, I think FJ probably has a bigger "scare" factor than either of those rides.

It's also more of an overall thing with Universal. My 7 year old daughter would probably be willing to go on about 5 rides at IoA. My 65 year-old MIL would go on even less. At WDW my MIL did I would say 85% of the rides/attractions, with only 2-3 in each park she wouldn't go on. It's that broader appeal that Disney strives for. Part of why Universal targets that group of thrill riders - it's a group that Disney underserves. But again, they do so on purpose. So, you can criticize them for it all you want, but they are not suddenly going to enter the "biggest, baddest coaster" competition.

That's odd, because I know they changed the seats recently to allow larger guests to fit fine.

That's odd, because I know they changed the seats recently to allow larger guests to fit fine.

They relaxed the restrictions to allow more, but there are still restrictions. The modifications were in place in September.

I would like to see a tron ride, but not necessarily a coaster. MK is not really a park for super thrilling rides (other than the trifecta of mountains). I would much rather see something that everyone could go on, but utilizes the effects of the Troniverse.

Is this the supposed Project Z? I think on WDW Magic they were talking about it being in Adventureland or Tomorrowland.

Still, I would welcome an e-ticket... anywhere on property. They could put it at Downtown Disney for all I care, as long as it's not another darned Omnimover ride or princess attraction.

Also, the idea that this isn't announced and ground hasn't even been broken yet... but will somehow open by 2013 just shows how slow the FLE is really progressing.

amen my brother...

anything other than price increases at restaurants and giftshop expansions in nothing but positive at WDW

unfortunately...they are only interested in those two things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter