A Surprise 30th Birthday and 2nd Anniversary Trip to WDW.... May 2014

bky0809

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
So this is my first attempt at both a Travel Log and planning a Disney Vacation.

So let's start with a little back story:
My partner and I have been together for almost two years, we are both servers at fine dining restaurants in NC and met through mutual friends. We both have backgrounds in theatre and love Disney. My last trip was for my mothers 40th Birthday in Dec. 2003, it was an amazing trip and my brother and sister had no idea we were going (imagine being 8 y/ o and 6 y/o, waking up Christmas Morning and being told you'd be in WDW by noon. MAGIC!. it was their first trip and my 3rd, but I was 15 and knew we were going) Anyway, my partners mother is a DVC member and offered to send us to Disney for his 30th Birthday which is May 5th, I am in school right now so the trip itself won't happen till my semester ends. We will be there 5/19-5/22, our Anniversary is 5/18 so there's a lot to celebrate with this trip. The trip is a surprise, though we are going to reveal it on his actual birthday, his mom has ordered a picture of him as a kid in WDW turned into a puzzle that says " Happy 30th, You're Going To Disney World", and I am planning to have a few shirts, some trading pins of his favorite characters and some to trade with, I am also a costume designer and crafty so there may be some other crafts that pop up, I'll be sure to document those as they develop.

The Details Thus Far:
Tickets have been purchased and the room booked at Saratoga Springs Villas both provided by my partners mom ( super generous of her, I know), I have made ADR at Mama Melroses for our first night, 'Ohana and Chef's De France. I am planning one park per day and doing AK on our last day. I have a crazy huge spreadsheet with all this planned out!

Plans to Firm Up:
~Park Tickets
~IF I want to jump for the MemoryMaker ( I don't really care about ride pictures and we are not doing any character meals this trip, so not sure if it's worth it, I'm just interested in character and location pictures with both of us),
~right now I am planning on doing the standard DDP, I looked at the deluxe and while we both could eat that much and would love it! I'd rather just buy one appetizer to split than pay almost $100 more for dining each day.

? I just can't believe this is coming together, we booked everything MONDAY 1/20! It's real hard not to reveal everything to him. I know I'll be ready to plan our next trip soon ( Fall break haha?) I even told my partner to look at UCF for Grad School in Theatre for Young Audiences. He wants to go back to school after I finish my Education/History Degrees in Fall '15.
I hope this PTR interests people! So what does everyone think? How's this for pre-trip report? Advice? Suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter